Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
As a first shot at DIY I went with a bunch of the VapingZone alcohol based super concentrated flavors. I had read that these flavors are easy to use and that advice was right on.

Anyone else on the fence, try the following and it's an easy first start.

Nicotine was MFS 24 mg 50/50, MFS PG and MFS VG. For 6 mg 50/50 final strength, I mixed 3 ml VG, 3 ml PG and 2 ml of the nicotine to make 8 ml trial batches.

To measure the flavors I used 0.5 ml insulin syringes. Makes it easy to get accurate, repeatable measurements. As a hint, measure the flavor into the tiny syringe, squirt it into your mix, and then take up a bit of the mix into the syringe and squirt that out back into the mix. Sort of "rinses" the tiny syringe to make sure all the very small amount of flavor needed ends up in the mix.

Here were my recipes and results:

VZ Real Cig 2%, TFA Sweet, 1%. Tastes like HHV Dark Horse to me. Very pleasant, light tobacco flavor.

VZ 555 2%, TFA Sweet, 2%. Tastes like HHV Huntsman to me. Maybe a bit more "toasted" tobacco flavor than Huntsman, but the combo of tobacco and sweetness is tasty.

VZ Cherry 2.5%, TFA Sweet 2%. Very good cherry flavor with just a hint of artificial flavor aftertaste. I have tried a lot of cherry eliquids and this is at least as good as any I've tried. Next batch will be 2% Cherry flavor to see if the slight aftertaste goes away.

VZ Melon 2%, VZ Menthol Ice 1%, TFA Sweet 2%. Tastes just like a melon (Honeydew mostly) with a pleasant cool initial feel.

In sum, the VZ flavors were really easy to use to get first try results I am very happy with. I will likely never buy premade eliquid again.

Next up I plan to buy banana and strawberry to make a strawberry banana, and rasberry and blueberry to make a crack berry type mix. I also would like to find a VZ flavor like HHV Legend with that sort of "grassy" tobacco flavor. If anyone has already tried either combo, or knows which VZ flavor may be like HHV Legend, please let me know how it worked out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread