Flavour Banger Single Coil BF RDAs/RDTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I haven't used it yet, but I just got the SXK Artoo R2 RDA clone from FT. If anyone's on the fence on this one, and wants some close-ups, a build pic, or personal experiences with it I can do that. If not, it'll be a while till I use it, the KRMA is checking all the boxes for me flavor/vapor production/ease of building/looks, so I'm not in a hurry.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Has anyone given the Poet rda a shot? Can't seem to find much on it here with the fine search engine we have.
I've looked at it more than a couple times and also nearly bought one.

I certainly looked at it, and nearly bought it. You can buy it and let me know how wonderful it is - if ya want ;)
Oh no, will this turn out like the KRMA from earlier today? :lol:
I'll probably end up getting one ... just sayin'.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
I'm really digging the Apex. It's a 22mm RDA with a nice slammed cap. Excellent RDL to tighter than a knat's azz MTL. Nice deep well (~7mm). Bottom AF and quiet. The AF is comparable to the Venna. I'm using LV's 26/36 316L clapton with a 3mm ID coming in at 0.42Ω. Awesome flavor. :thumb:
IMG_1357cr.jpg

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I'm really digging the Apex. It's a 22mm RDA with a nice slammed cap. Excellent RDL to tighter than a knat's azz MTL. Nice deep well (~7mm). Bottom AF and quiet. The AF is comparable to the Venna. I'm using LV's 26/36 316L clapton with a 3mm ID coming in at 0.42Ω. Awesome flavor. :thumb:
View attachment 852995
I should get my Armageddon squonk in the next two days. Thanks for the back pic.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Got the sxk NarEa RDA yesterday:

nareadeck1.jpg

2.5mm id Kanthal 1mm * 0.14mm flat wire

It's a completely different deck to the NarCa:
    narca1.jpg

But it vapes very similarly. The NarCa has a deeper well and is less restricted than the NarEa rda. The flavour on them both is just amazing :wub:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I recently recieved the Daywon clone. At first I wasn't very impressed. But with its fresh 0.3 ohm build it really started to come to life. Seems I had too big of a coil first time around.

Flavor is really good, comparable to the krma. The draw is smooth. It is a little tighter than the krma or venna, but that is to be expected from an atty with a single airflow port. Very leak resistant design (hard to see in pics being all black). Just like the krma, the more I use it the more I like it. Definitely worth a look if you like .3 ohm builds and up.

20191122_115523.jpg
    20191122_115110.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I recently recieved the Daywon clone. At first I wasn't very impressed. But with its fresh 0.3 ohm build it really started to come to life. Seems I had too big of a coil first time around.

Flavor is really good, comparable to the krma. The draw is smooth. It is a little tighter than the krma or venna, but that is to be expected from an atty with a single airflow port. Very leak resistant design (hard to see in pics being all black). Just like the krma, the more I use it the more I like it. Definitely worth a look if you like .3 ohm builds and up.

View attachment 853709 View attachment 853711
    Very nice. :thumb: I have one on the way from FT along with a Poet. I was checking those out on Todds YT reviews and he rates both very highly. He also suggests going with smaller ID's in both. The Daywon is a collaboration between Mission (KRMA) and Coil Vapes (excellent juice btw). :)

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Been trying out the Wotofo Recurve RDA all week - loving the flavour and airflow :wub:

But I do vape it a tad differently than most people, using the 510 adapter with a 510 drip tip. Also discovered I wick it differently :lol:

recurvedeck.jpg

Kanthal 1mm * 0.14mm flat wire in a 3mm id coil @ 0.55ohms

To make up for the teeny juice well, I wick with huge shoulders, and stuff as much of the tails down as I can.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Received the $5.88 Krma Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping a few days ago.

krma.jpg

It has very smooth airflow, and a massive juice well. The draw is airy but restricted - midway between the NarCa RDA and the Venna RDA. Flavour is incredible - use the coil rod guides to install it, then raise the coil up 2 or 3mm (thank you KRMA Gurus)
    Squonks beautifully, and even I have trouble oversquonking it ;)

krmadeck.jpg

2.5mm id, kanthal 1mm * 0.14mm - I'm putting in a 3mm id coil next time, as a 3mm coil would work better with the amount of room in the deck, and to cover more of the airflow channel.

The airflow comes in high, slopes down, then sticks out into the deck. Somehow, all these twists make it SMOOTH and give you amazing flavour - love this RDA :wub:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    well, did rebuild the Asmodus C4 RDA yesterday, used coilology chain link ni80 wire, 0.45 ohms couil, amazing taste, does any one here own a C4 RDA?
    Yep. I got the green one unfortunately and it's so ugly that I never use it. My bad. Good vape though

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread