Genesis Style VS Dripper: Which do you use more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreVader

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
My first high-end mod was a ProVari Mini + Z-Atty Pro. It's a great combo, and it cost me a ton of money, but lately I've exclusively been using my Drippers (Cyclone AFC, Helios, Trident). All my drippers are <.4 Ohms and personally, I feel like I have no reason to go back to the Z-Atty or to buy a dual coil genesis (like the Kraken or Prometheus).

The biggest benefits I saw dripping was 1. I can change flavors nearly immediately 2. Massively increased amount of vapor 3. I no longer puff on the thing all day, I vape much more like I used to smoke: every couple hours.

Benefits to Genesis were 1. Convenience (no need to constantly drip) 2. economy (although this is debatable, as even my most expensive RDAs and Mech mods don't come close to what the ProVari and Z-Atty cost) and 3. Aesthetics (the provari-z-atty pro combo is pretty sleek IMO)

Anybody else found themselves switching to dripping full time?

TreVader

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Just seems, to me, that dripping on the go would be a pain in the rear. Thus a tank style atty. Now, get behind cover, since I said that about "dripping on the go," REO's Witnesses will be knocking any moment...

It is kind of a pain, and I've prob nearly crashed several times doing it... but I still drip even in the car. The last time I used my Z-Atty was prob 3 weeks ago.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Genesis at home ... dripper at work or when i'm out and about. Frankly, a RDA performs just as well as a genesis these days. Both work fantastically.

Kinda grew out of tanks simply because most of the good ones are big and heavy. Figure I might as well use a genny at that point. Thought about getting a Kayfun Lite but frankly, I just don't think I need it. My IGO-L and a little 5ml bottle of juice works great when I'm out and about or at work.

I don't find dripping a pain at all. Especially if you use a dripper with a decent juice well. Takes about 5 seconds to put more juice in my dripper and put the bottle in my pocket.

Last edited:

bshm

Sep 26, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
I just discovered the awesome simplicity of RDA's when I started using micro coils as described in this thread..

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/473463-check-out-my-nano-dragon-coil-build.html

Never did get back to post pics or thank this iTEO guy but jeeze, I honestly think I might be ruined for anything else now.
I need to post pics if I can find my old photobucket pw.

The other thing about dripping is mixing flavors on a whim without committing a whole tank in case it was a bad idea is great. It's just better than anything I've tried yet. Vapor, flavor, all in a simple light weight topper.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I kinda treat my hybrids and gennies like cigars .... they're nice to hold and look at while I vape. I exclusively use flavors I KNOW I enjoy in them and each one has a difference juice in case I want something different.

I agree though, you can get more vapor off a RDA. Of course, this has more to do with the fact that no one wants to go crazy and mod their valuable genny/hybrid in case they decide to resell. Where as with RDAs ... especially cheap ones, people will tinker the crap out of them. They'll drill 3 extra intakes and make a dang quad coil ... lol

And frankly ... silica and cotton are just better mediums for juice ... they just are. Been thinking about doing a SS/cotton hybrid wick for my gennys for some time. I really should get on that.

bshm

Sep 26, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
I kinda treat my hybrids and gennies like cigars .... they're nice to hold and look at while I vape. I exclusively use flavors I KNOW I enjoy in them and each one has a difference juice in case I want something different.

I agree though, you can get more vapor off a RDA. Of course, this has more to do with the fact that no one wants to go crazy and mod their valuable genny/hybrid in case they decide to resell. Where as with RDAs ... especially cheap ones, people will tinker the crap out of them. They'll drill 3 extra intakes and make a dang quad coil ... lol

And frankly ... silica and cotton are just better mediums for juice ... they just are. Been thinking about doing a SS/cotton hybrid wick for my gennys for some time. I really should get on that.

I'm gonna try that cotton in the end of the twisted SS cable, the loop end, with the coil pressed into it. ITEO did a description in the thread I referenced. Another poster used mesh and cotton combo and said it worked. I'm going to try both I think.

bshm

Sep 26, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
I've found myself strictly using my RDA's. In fact since I got them 2 weeks ago my noble hybrid hasn't been touched. I just can't match the flavor and vapor production that the trident puts out.

How many drops do you typically put in and how long does it last you? I know everyone vapes differently.

Depends on how much cotton and how dry it is but usually five to seven drops. Could use more but it stays in the zone better here.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    I use both almost exclusively. I was hooked on carto tanks for a while, but once I got into mechs and rebuildables, it was a different ballgame

Right now Ive got in front of me, my Zenesis, My Provari with the Igo-L at 1.2ohms, and my DX650 mech with my IGO-W dual coil .3ohms. All of them are giving me awesome vapes that are different.

Zenesis gives an uber saturated vape with a nice sized cloud and great flavor. generally use my favorite juices only.

Igo-L gives a solid vape all around. Nothing crazy in the cloud area, but solid. Holds plenty of juice, tastes great... hard to beat.

Igo-W is a damn fog machine, and I use it with my smoothest juices that allow me to blow huge clouds, with great flavor.

There is always net stuff I want to buy, but with this trio, its hard to really justify them. However, I am for sure adding another hybrid to the mix. Just havent decided between another Zenesis or an iHybrid. Two RBA and two RDA. Love it.

tc1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    I love my Zenesis Ash II and my iHybrid F3CTA. The Zenny hits smoother and perhaps even a tad bit better flavor IMHO. The fecta hits harder and allows me to use it as a mechanical. Granted, part of that has to do with wick and coil setup on each.

I only use the recommended 4 wrap of 32 on my Zenny. F3cta is 3 wrap 30 (has a thicker wick though).

I know Zen gets flack sometimes, but that man knows how to fit, finish, and polish his devices. My Ash is so well finished, the steel feels almost soft in your hands. It's pretty incredible. IMHO, if you got a Zen, try and grab an iHybrid. Both Zen and Faceless are deserving of support and both make great hybrids.

ZW99GT

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    DFW
    I use my AGA-T2 and rebuilt clearos for most of the day when doing anything even remotely productive. I pull the drippers out at night when I'm winding down and sitting on the couch. I may go grab the IGO-W a few times a day and blow a big cloud, but for ADV its a regulated mod and a genesis or tank of some kind.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    I love dripping but i seem to get some kind of vapor fatigue (for lack of a better term) and go back to other things.

the zap is a really nice atty, built well and it works good, but having been through dozens i feel it is definitely not the atty to use for defining the pinnacle of the genesis experience, i have tried a few attys that blow the performance and flavor of the zap out of the water.
    in other words it is a nice one but dont equate all genis to this one if this is all you have ever tried.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread