Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
How long have you used pure VG without a problem? Just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I can get up to seven days max between cleanings.

I think I know where you are going with this and I'm of the opinion that how fast a coil gunks up has a lot more to do with the flavorings than the PG/VG ratio of the liquids. Dark or very sweet liquids seem to be the worst offenders. Some "atty killer" flavors can have a coil mucked up in less than two days regardless of the PG/VG ratio.

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
Yay my heading has intrigued you! I must say I love all the responses and might I add that some really hit the topic heading quite well! I am so new that I have not even begun to vap yet. I have tried a e-cig twice from two other people, but have not clue what they were! What I know is that I want to quit and I want to vap, but I also know that I must at first make my vap as satisfying as possible to make sure I quite analogs! Therefore I think it is important that I get a strong hit so to speak! I first though Top coil cause heard was strong throat hit. I don't care about anything more at this point other then liking vaping and no longer looking for the cigs!!

I guess some like it on top and some on bottom, but I want to be placed where the job gets done! (ha). If I get a Evod, should I get the kit or should I get a twist VV? If I get a set up with a Ego Twist then what would be a recommendation of a topcoil that I can purchase along with an Evod?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I like to hit it hard from the top in the am, then cool it down with a bottom feeder in the pm. At night I like it on top again, usually something sweet and sassy. Regardless of what you like, not spilling your juice on the couch is critical.

:blink:

We are still talking about vaping here,right?

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I think the bottom line is... that it's subjective. What works for one, may not work for another.

I say get both, and see which tank you prefer.

Juices are even more subjective; just pick up some samples, or better yet, find a local vaping shop that'll let you try a few different flavors.

Enough ..... footing; get to it already! :D

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Yay my heading has intrigued you! I must say I love all the responses and might I add that some really hit the topic heading quite well! I am so new that I have not even begun to vap yet. I have tried a e-cig twice from two other people, but have not clue what they were! What I know is that I want to quit and I want to vap, but I also know that I must at first make my vap as satisfying as possible to make sure I quite analogs! Therefore I think it is important that I get a strong hit so to speak! I first though Top coil cause heard was strong throat hit. I don't care about anything more at this point other then liking vaping and no longer looking for the cigs!!

I guess some like it on top and some on bottom, but I want to be placed where the job gets done! (ha). If I get a Evod, should I get the kit or should I get a twist VV? If I get a set up with a Ego Twist then what would be a recommendation of a topcoil that I can purchase along with an Evod?

First post, and you already have a reputation! lol

Not sure what places you are looking at buying from, but a Twist or a Spinner - versus a fixed voltage battery - gives you the flexibility to adjust the battery voltage to difference liquids and different resistance devices. Today it's one of the better starting points because you have that flexibility with your first PV.

I don't like top coil so I can't give you a specific model to hate. (lol - sorta) But for the sake of comparing and starting any of the top coil CE4's will do.

Steve803

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Deland, Fl
vapinggenius.com
Don't be confused, search the web and watch as many youtube vids you can find on vaping. Thats the fastest way to learn about how to vape like a pro. I like both to & bottom and prefer a heavy VG juice over the PG. I was a heavy smoker for 37yrs and my lungs couldn't handle the PG. My current mix is 80/20 VG/PG. My Vision Nano is a bottom feed and has awesome flavor and th. My first tank was a clearomizer with Redux coil and is a top feed and is also an awesome tank. I found long wicks are best for top feed tanks and fluffing the wick helps keep the coil wet. I never had a problem with dry hits until the juice gets low. The mini nova is my fav by far since it holds 2ml's and lasts the entire day. I also smoked analog and vaped at the same time. it took me 3 months to quit tobacco all together so don't give up on quitting. There is more to cigs then nicotine and a little color in your juice is way safer then the tobacco by any means. I started with MyFreedomSmokes.com and keep getting my supplies through them. I trust what they sell and like many of their flavors.

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
Actually this is my second post and the first one was very innocent! Vaping can get you into crazy discussions I see! I guess I will just get both cause you never know! So, I will get a Ego Twist, a Evod and will have to decide on a top coil I want. I was really hoping to stay All American! With the Ego Twist...is there a brand I should stay with cause not looking for knock offs! That is what I liked about the Halo is American and no knock offs...but will now need a Ego to do my playing with I see!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Actually this is my second post and the first one was very innocent! Vaping can get you into crazy discussions I see! I guess I will just get both cause you never know! So, I will get a Ego Twist, a Evod and will have to decide on a top coil I want. I was really hoping to stay All American! With the Ego Twist...is there a brand I should stay with cause not looking for knock offs! That is what I liked about the Halo is American and no knock offs...but will now need a Ego to do my playing with I see!

You are looking for Joyetech branded eGo Twists if you want a "real" product.

Take a look at Cignot.com as I know they are an authorized Joyetech dealer. They have Kanger bottom coil T3s and ProTank options. Don't know if they carry Evod or top coil clearos. Under any circumstances Cignot is an excellent vendor to deal with.

ETA: I just peeked. Cignot does carry Evod's - in pink even. Pop Evod in that 'lil search box at the site and it brings them right up.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Slightly different perspective -
I'd recommend the EVOD, though I disagree that Halo's bad - I like their juice, their device looks OK, and a lot of people find their customer service fine. HOWEVER, with the EVOD, what you get is TOTAL compatibility.
You can buy EVOD clearomizers and coil heads ANYWHERE.
You can try a ProTank or ProTank Mini on the EVOD battery (I recommend you do that at some point).
If you love the EVOD clearo, or the MiniProTank, you could upgrade to a "Twist" or similar Variable Voltage EGO battery - and keep using your clearomizers on it.
And again - ALL these parts can be shopped for anywhere, and they're popular, so there's price competition.
With a Triton, you can use....a Triton. Or start dealing with adapters.
Here's a nice EVOD kit - linking to purple, just cause black is out of stock :)

NiburianElf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can get up to seven days max between cleanings.

I think I know where you are going with this and I'm of the opinion that how fast a coil gunks up has a lot more to do with the flavorings than the PG/VG ratio of the liquids. Dark or very sweet liquids seem to be the worst offenders. Some "atty killer" flavors can have a coil mucked up in less than two days regardless of the PG/VG ratio.

Oh wow, thanks for the information. I am trying to stay pure VG and will be upgrading soon, probably to a Kanger Evod because I like the fact that the battery is regulated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

spegtoast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
NW Ohio
I started with an Ego Vision twist. Vision is a good name brand as well as Joytech. Twist and Spinners are a great way to start on a budget. I also had the Vision vivi nova clearo. It is top coil. Then later went to the Kanger Evod bottom coil. Pleased with both. Both are rebuildable. I think I get a better TH with the Vivi. The cooler vape from a bottom coil is real smooth and has an airey draw, where the Vivi has just a little tighter draw and the warmth you can feel in the back of the throat.

Also would recommend a backup so you can charge one battery and vape the other. There are different sizes of batteries. I had a med/ small battery. It was a 650mah and lasted me an 8hr shift at work. When I got home it had to go straight to the charger and sometimes inconvienient without a backup.

Vaping is a great smoking alternative, but will not mimic a cigarette taste and feel. Search around the forums. We have lots of jokes regarding how we all started wanting something that looks, feels, and taste like a cig and quickly ended up ordering a bunch of fruity flavored juice. :p There are some DYIers out there still trying to match a cigarette experience, but it has definatly not held back the market for all the diff flavors.

Good Luck. Hurry up and get your device before we upgrade you to a more advanced vapor before you have even tried it.:laugh:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Okay, girly question!! If I get a Ego Twist in pink and a Kanger Evod in pink they are not gonna match are they? I want to be all pink but have a VV. Looking also at the Protank Mini...they are not available?
OMG just get it already! :D You can decorate it later!

Patterned tape, nail polish (or model paint), beads, tanklets, bling, chains, copper plating, ...

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Okay, girly question!! If I get a Ego Twist in pink and a Kanger Evod in pink they are not gonna match are they? I want to be all pink but have a VV. Looking also at the Protank Mini...they are not available?

And... my work here is done. Punt: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/323314-show-us-your-girly-pretty-decorated-pink.html

If that group doesn't know where to get it or how to make it no one does. There will be many, many pictures. :blink:

The ProTank Mini has been recently upgraded to the ProTank Mini2. Right now we are stuck at whoever has the old stock on hand and very few places that have the PT Mini2 in stock yet. (Kanger has to stop making popular products...)

Last edited:

daz2013

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2013
UK
I would get the ce4 kit and a t3 then make my own mind up. getting both you will then have a spare if needed.
I used to smoke golden Virginia about 20 a day 24mg strength stopped me smoking and i could stand with the smokers at work with no interest in smoking.
After a week i decided 24mg was to strong and dropped to 16mg.
It's all about finding your own level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread