Girl needs to know Top or Bottom!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
go with the evod,Te,MT3 or protank..top coils require tipping to prevent the dreaded burnt taste

I never could understand the fuss with this. I use ego batteries and vivi novas (tops :) ). When I vape, I naturally hold the battery at an angle (more horizontal than vertical). It would feel unnatural to hold it straight up-and-down, I'd have to tip my head to vape. :confused:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
It really is going to come down to personal preferences based on experimenting. I have both bottom and top coil units (Ismoka BCC Mega Kanger Protank and I clear 16 etc.) and enjoy them all. When on the go I use the I clear 16 (top coil) and truth be told I really like this one alot.
I DIY my juice; and flavor and % of PG VG make it all variable, i.e. some flavors are better more Pg and visa versa. The combinations are unlimited and the experimentation is very satisfying. Give it some time and you too will be trying all kinds of things; the possibilities are endless.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I never could understand the fuss with this. I use ego batteries and vivi novas (tops :) ). When I vape, I naturally hold the battery at an angle (more horizontal than vertical). It would feel unnatural to hold it straight up-and-down, I'd have to tip my head to vape. :confused:
Oh what he means here, is that in a top coil, you should tip your ecig up and down (and roll it around) to keep the wicks wet. It's a quirky limitation of top coil designs, most noticeable when your juice level is down to the last third or quarter.

Personally, it doesn't bother me to flip and twirl it, but I'm adding glass beads (thanks AIV!) to reduce that last bit of tank capacity that is a touch harder to vape.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Since you haven't even started yet I would suggest getting a Ego Twist so you can change the voltage, an inexpensive top and bottom coil clearomiser, and as mentioned go to a local vape store and try different flavors in various strengths. Get some juice you like and start seeing what appeals to you. This way you really have an inexpensive cash outlay for starters.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hey guys, pretty new to the scene. Ordered my first kit : Kanger Evod Starter Kit. I read some good reviews about it so i decided it would be a good kit to help me transit from analogs to ecigs.
Anyone have any tips for this newbie awaiting for his evod.

Hi and welcome!

It would be better if you started your own thread, so you don't get buried in this one. :)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

I never hold my PV at more than a 45 degree angle and that never cut it for top coil CE4's or Vivi Nova's. Always tipping the things up at odd angles - like an Art Deco stick figure pointing a cigarette holder up in the air (pinky out...) - to keep the damned things functional. Talk about feeling unnatural...

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Oh what he means here, is that in a top coil, you should tip your ecig up and down (and roll it around) to keep the wicks wet. It's a quirky limitation of top coil designs, most noticeable when your juice level is down to the last third or quarter.

Personally, it doesn't bother me to flip and twirl it, but I'm adding glass beads (thanks AIV!) to reduce that last bit of tank capacity that is a touch harder to vape.

BB2k - we've already been through this. I know you are getting those beads because you just wants the pretties! :p

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
BB2k - we've already been through this. I know you are getting those beads because you just wants the pretties! :p
You know me too well :D Sadly, they were out of stock on Marvin the Martian, but they do have a new line including our favorite South Park characters.

All right, where were we, then?

NiburianElf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey guys, pretty new to the scene. Ordered my first kit : Kanger Evod Starter Kit. I read some good reviews about it so i decided it would be a good kit to help me transit from analogs to ecigs.
Anyone have any tips for this newbie awaiting for his evod.

Where did you order?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread