Status
Not open for further replies.

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
Dug through my notes and found my old Gooey Butter Cake recipe. This one tastes like a couple of the vendor's versions, but was not what I wanted (I want a more cream cheesey rich one).

5mls of Gooey Butter Cake:
4.2 mls mix of PG/VG/Nic
.45 Capella's Vanilla Cupcake
.20 LorAnne's Bavarian Cream
.10 PerfumersApprentice Cotton Candy
5 drops PerfumersApprentice Sweetener
3 drops Capella Vanilla Custard
2 drops PerfumersApprentice Toasted Marshmallow

It's got to steep! Also, if you are a big fan of Capella's Vanilla Custard (which I am not), feel free to exchange the amounts of the Bavarian Cream for the Vanilla Custard. You do need both ingredients.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Dug through my notes and found my old Gooey Butter Cake recipe. This one tastes like a couple of the vendor's versions, but was not what I wanted (I want a more cream cheesey rich one).

5mls of Gooey Butter Cake:
4.2 mls mix of PG/VG/Nic
.45 Capella's Vanilla Cupcake
.20 LorAnne's Bavarian Cream
.10 PerfumersApprentice Cotton Candy
5 drops PerfumersApprentice Sweetener
3 drops Capella Vanilla Custard
2 drops PerfumersApprentice Toasted Marshmallow

It's got to steep! Also, if you are a big fan of Capella's Vanilla Custard (which I am not), feel free to exchange the amounts of the Bavarian Cream for the Vanilla Custard. You do need both ingredients.

I think I may actually have all this stuff! Thanks Sophie...I wonder if adding FF cream cheese to this would help it? I'm thinking maybe a good vanilla too...
I'll report back ;)

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
I think I may actually have all this stuff! Thanks Sophie...I wonder if adding FF cream cheese to this would help it? I'm thinking maybe a good vanilla too...
I'll report back ;)

Report back for sure. I had a piece of this cake the other day...the vape is missing that cream cheese note.

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
It makes for a good vanilla base, if anything else.
If FF cream cheese is a fail, just add some cookie or fruit to it.

I'll report back ;)

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I am stalking this thread and waiting til we have a winner before I put in an order for the flavors, lol I am just starting DIY, so I get a few flavors here and a few there. But I want to make sure I have the stuff to make gbc. Seems there is alot of difference in opinions on the cream cheese component and the caramel one? Maybe I should get a couple different ones of those. And what should be used as the butter? I would think that would be very important to the balance of it?

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I am stalking this thread and waiting til we have a winner before I put in an order for the flavors, lol I am just starting DIY, so I get a few flavors here and a few there. But I want to make sure I have the stuff to make gbc. Seems there is alot of difference in opinions on the cream cheese component and the caramel one? Maybe I should get a couple different ones of those. And what should be used as the butter? I would think that would be very important to the balance of it?
Me too. I would love to make a GBC vape. In my opinion Kick bass has the best out of KBV, Vapealicious and MsT's. Although I've only had Ms.T's a couple days so it might get better after steeping. KBV has more of a buttery taste and actually feels like you have just bitten into the real thing. I've also made the real GBC 2ce in the last week. Yes, I said week. It's that good. It's usually gone in 24 hours at my house. :ohmy: It's my favorite dessert and tied with 2 others for my favorite vape. :drool: Being that I know the recipe for the real GBC I would definitely say the vape needs to have cheesecake in it. I don't have the time with 3 kids 3 and under to mess around with a lot of experimenting and mixing so I usually wait til one of you gets a really good recipe and shares it. ;) I think Capellas chessecake would be a great cheesecake to try in it. Can't wait til someone makes a good one. :wub: Please share if you do:)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Like i said im still doing little tweaks to it which can take a couple of weeks. I vape it for sometime while changing things little by little . Only way to make a great recipe is to get used to it. Iv been working on it for a while and its already great but i can improve it even more.Its not easy making a gbc juice thats as good or better then any vendors. Heres where its at now.

Str8GBc.jpg

Str8 Gooey Butter cake

Yup lots of flavors needed to make this one . Cost chart above as well. Its actually a little cheaper seeing that most get their capellas in a package deal. Ill make a thread for it when i feel its finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread