Got a vv grand and era on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
There's really not that much difference between the ERA and the Hornet. They both work equally as well with the Hornet base being a smidgen smaller to fit on a Mini.

I'm not a big fan of the colored aluminum caps you can get on some Hornets but between my ERA's and Hornet I actually like the looks of the Hornet a little better. Really can't go wrong with either one.

Jack

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I agree with Jack. There's so little difference on the inside between the ERA and the Hornet, that if I were buying again, I'd buy the Hornet because of the fact that it'll fit on more of my REOs. I also just tried to add both the Torched and the SS ERA to my basket (just to check availability) and it says not available at this time. Both Hornets, on the other hand, are available.

Plaz

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
Churzee
With Robert's new rba on the way, and my relative satisfaction with the A7 functionality-wise for the time being, really the primary reason I was considering an ERA was for the form factor and the aesthetics. And I think the ERA is much better looking than the Hornet, even though it's a relatively small difference. So I'll probably just sit tight 'till we see the new Reo-sanctioned rba.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
With Robert's new RBA on the way, and my relative satisfaction with the A7 functionality-wise for the time being, really the primary reason I was considering an ERA was for the form factor and the aesthetics. And I think the ERA is much better looking than the Hornet, even though it's a relatively small difference. So I'll probably just sit tight 'till we see the new Reo-sanctioned RBA.

+1 on that. I am not gonna buy any others till the REOba 2.0 becomes available. May be the last atty purchase we need to make for a long time.

Plaz

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
Churzee
+1 on that. I am not gonna buy any others till the REOba 2.0 becomes available. May be the last atty purchase we need to make for a long time.

As great as Robert's stuff is, aren't those Chalices of yours like the Rolls Royces of RBAs? You don't feel like you've already made the last atty purchases you ever need?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
As great as Robert's stuff is, aren't those Chalices of yours like the Rolls Royces of RBAs? You don't feel like you've already made the last atty purchases you ever need?

Heres my thinking at the moment: If robs are as good as they look like their gonna be, I could get 4, keep one chalice and get back about $350. I'm down with that.

And to my standards, Rolls Royce's are a bit too old man - let's liken the chalices to, shall we say, a Ferrari F458. They are a damn great atty, especially on top of a REO.

Plaz

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
Churzee
Heres my thinking at the moment: If robs are as good as they look like their gonna be, I could get 4, keep one chalice and get back about $350. I'm down with that.

And to my standards, Rolls Royce's are a bit too old man - let's liken the chalices to, shall we say, a Ferrari F458. They are a damn great atty, especially on top of a REO.

Gotcha. That's sound logic right there. And I'm more of an Italia guy than a Silver Spur dude myself, so I gladly concur with your metaphor adjustment. :D

If the time does come that you decide to sell a Chalice, it will go quickly. I'll definitely buy one of Rob's new attys, but don't think I could pass up a good deal on a well cared for second hand, or shall we say, certified pre-owned Chalice!

Last edited by a moderator:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Gotcha. That's sound logic right there. And I'm more of an Italia guy than a Silver Spur dude myself, so I gladly concur with your metaphor adjustment. :D

If the time does come that you decide to sell a Chalice, it will go quickly. I'll definitely buy one of Rob's new attys, but don't think I could pass up a good deal on a well cared for second hand, or shall we say, certified pre-owned Chalice!

GMTA!

I'll definitely keep you in mind Plaz. Chalices sell almost as fast as REOs. Both are definitely a sound investment. Side note: maintenance on a chalice is much like that of a supercar too - I just ordered up 2 sets if replacement screws for each - price tag with shipping = 40 euros / 52.00!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread