Got my reomizer today! My thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckle

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Mississippi
Just got it built. Got it on the vv reo, I am using 34 gauge 4/5 wraps, 500 mesh, 1mm silica. Measures about 1.7 ohm, would like it a little higher but that will do.

My first impressions;

I am glad that Robert mentioned somewhere that it is an atty from china that he made modifications on, that gave me a better idea what to expect. It isn't ss, it is like brass then plated, I have no idea what it is plated with, but it isn't solid ss. The build wasn't extremely hard but it wasn't as easy as a lot try to make it out to be. ERA and the hornet are much easier builds, but don't get me wrong, the build on the reomizer isn't the hardest build by far.

Using the stock airhole was a little to tight for me, so since it isn't ss it was very easy to stick a pin in it to widen it a little.

The thing that really sold me on it was the ceramic plate. If you aren't familiar with a ceramic plate, then to me it is like a flavor saver. It tends to give you a great flavor in your rba. The flavor even just on a brand new coils is great. I haven't even attempted at trying to prime it up and get it wicking well and the flavor is just awesome at this point. Flavor using a cermaic plate will only increase, so I am looking forward to that. Vapor is much better and nothing to complain about since I widen the hole.

Cost, granted compared to the ERA and hornet and many many other rebuildables it is priced pretty reasonable. Lets face it though, this was a china atty that isn't solid stainless steel, so guessing here I would say they came from china for about 5 to 10 bucks. Robert did make modifications on them, and he is a vendor, so I expect him to make money. Is it a little to pricey though? I think so. The plating will eventually wear off, where do you think that plating is going to go once it starts wearing off? In your juice! Then you may as well write that thing off and then you will be looking for a replacement. Solid stainless steel you won't have that problem. So really is the reomizer worth it? I will let you decide.

I will keep the reomizer, but I already ordered another rba that is ss. If someone could come out with a ss bottom feeding rba with the use of a ceramic plate, I would be on that. Till then, I will use the reomizer, but only till its replacement gets here.

Last edited:

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
I would drop $100 on a SS version personally. I do not know of any other atomizer like you said that offers this toolset. For now though I dont think I will try anothing else because it works completely fine. A SS version would be a very welcome change but its nice to get the whole Reo kit for $200.00.

Only thing I would change on the RM2 is make it SS. Thats the only flaw I find in it. If I was going to be super picky I would allow for ordering the top caps with different size air holes but thats just nitpicking.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
You do have it right with the plating (which is chrome, by the way). It does wear off, on the outside of the atomizer. If it wears out in the inside, it would be in process of cleaning rather than from vaping. Even if it did miraculously wear off while vaping, and went into your juice, it does not dissolve in e-liquid. It also does not vaporize at the temperatures that are happening in your atomizer. So the only thing that it would make worse is that the inside of your atomizer would not look as pretty as it did before :)

Now, let's compare RM2 to other available bottom feeding atomizers.

ERA/Hornet -- excellent build quality, stainless steel. Very few wick/coil configurations due to space between posts and general size. More expensive

ERA clone, home modified. Terrible quality, but dirt cheap. Same few wick/coil configurations.

A7/Mini A7. Cheap, stainless. Terrible quality. Few problems fixable at home. Prone to flooding. Vapor/flavor not quite as good as RM2

RM1 -- flimsier than RM2. Smaller, which is a good thing. Also chrome plated brass.

And that concludes the list.

So, if there was a stainless version of RM2 available, still with ceramic floor, possibly press on cap instead of screw-on, and it still was readily available and costed under $80, I'd be signing up for a few :) Meanwhile, I haven't seen any.

Edit: price on vaping supplies is governed by demand rather than cost of mass manufacturing. There are no other options for some of us. So, the demand is high :)

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I would drop $100 on a SS version personally. I do not know of any other atomizer like you said that offers this toolset. For now though I dont think I will try anothing else because it works completely fine. A SS version would be a very welcome change but its nice to get the whole Reo kit for $200.00.

Only thing I would change on the RM2 is make it SS. Thats the only flaw I find in it. If I was going to be super picky I would allow for ordering the top caps with different size air holes but thats just nitpicking.

I'd drop 150 on a RM2 that was SS with the juice hole dead center of the cup. I'll even pay for it in advance. Can you make me one Rob?

Oh wait, I already have one, a chalice (had 3 and paid a bunch more than 150 for em) but they dont vape as good as the $43 RM2 with the airhole right in front of the coil. I also really dig the ceramic base.

Not trying to be a deek, but i don't see how is it more challenging to build a coil on an RM2 than on an ERA, unless your going between the posts, and that would be a no - no because of the juice hole location. Just curious :)

The only improvement I have been able to make to the RM2 was to enlarge the airhole and to use an oring from a grand bottle cap under the atty in the catchcup. That allows me to tighten down the atty enough to seal the 510 connection and keeps the catchcup dry as a bone. The trick is to stretch out the oring so it's wider than the 510 connection first :)

I consider the RM2 a bargain. Drilling thru ceramic is where the money is. :)

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I've used several RBAs including the ERA, the Hornet, the Chalice, the Reomizer (v.1), the Vision Eternity, the A7, and the RM2.....and I LOVE the RM2. It's my favorite RBA right now, with the Chalice ($150!!!!!) being a close second. I am impressed with the solid build, the ceramic bottom, and the price. I don't care about SS.....

Each to his own, they say. I'm glad there are several different BF RBAs available with different qualities and prices. I choose the RM2 on every front, but I can certainly understand others choosing other RBAs for all kinds of reasons.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
My ideal RBA would be SS, removable ceramic (to torch if needed) and an adjustable center pin to index the coil where I wanted it. Maybe an adjustable tube in the juice hole, a slight rise above the bottom would allow an amount of juice to pool after excess is sucked back in the bottle. I've got a few RBAs with ceramics in them and some flavors won't go away unless you torch them. I've wondered if this happens with the RM2’s. Anyway, that's my dream atty, it'd probably cost more than the mod but it wouldn't be my first setup like that. It's kinda like buying a rifle and spending more for the glass on it.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Speaking of other RDAs, does the CC Fatty fit the Grande ok?

So, the catch cup on the Grand is 15mm wide. Any atty that is <15mm wide will fit it. Also, one can use a 510 adapter/extension (depending on height of adapter) to have an/any atty sit above the catch cup rather than in it. Of course, adapters do seem to add to the wear of 510 connectors (on the device end). I'm awaiting an IGO-S (tomorrow, I hope) to drill for bottom feeding and will report back. I'm pretty sure I won't get the performance I get from the RM2; but it'll be something to play with, and something different.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
How about the killer 705? Would that work for the REO? Im waiting for my REO to come and also have RM2 coming in, but I have a killer 705 amd I believe you can use it as a bottom feeder.

I believe that you can use the Killer. There are threads here where several people have had great results with them :)

benosa562

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
southern California
I believe that you can use the Killer. There are threads here where several people have had great results with them :)

I got a check those threads out, but the 1st thing im gonna do when I get my reo and rm2 in is try one those micro coils you are famous about...I think I have some 30ga wire and just stocked up on some cotton yarn....wish me luck! !!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I got a check those threads out, but the 1st thing im gonna do when I get my reo and rm2 in is try one those micro coils you are famous about...I think I have some 30ga wire and just stocked up on some cotton yarn....wish me luck! !!

It's very easy and rewarding to make long tiny coils :). Good luck - you can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread