Got my first E-Cig today, Hmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
Well I received my first E-cig today, got the Joye 510.
So far so good, I can see myself smoking this over a cigarette for many reasons. Although cigarettes are easier, I would much rather smoke this to get away from "analogs, carpet glue, tar, and lots of chemicals"

I am using the Cartridges that came with the 510, Marlboro high, I was told it's Dekang. I don't like it at all, bad taste. Also I noticed if I smoke it like I would an analog I get bad heart burn, could that be because it has more PG then VG? IDK just a guess.

Not all liquids taste similar to this do they? I hope I didn't just waste my money because if this flavor was the only liquid for E-Cig's "I know there's plenty, I'm just saying" I wouldn't be smoking an E-Cig.

I am going to order some Backwoods Brew Applewood tobacco and tobacco, probably some flavor ones now for some sweetness, cause I loved my black n mild wine flavor cigars.

Glad I ordered it, although I hope different flavors and USA blend will keep me on it.

Jon

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Glad you're enjoying the 510. I'm with you on the Dekang though... Yuck! Thankfully there are many good flavors out there. I've read good things about Backwoods, though I haven't tried them personally. I can also recommend Tasty Vapor, Mrs T's, and DIY Flavorshack. All have some great flavors to try out. Have fun!!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
The heartburn is from trying to 'smoke' it and not 'vape' - ie, youre vaping too fast it has nothing to do with PG or VG and evrything to do with technique and nicotine.
The basic Dekang stuff you get with t e starter kits is in NO WAY representative of the flavors you CAN get - but it helps you to practice without wasting the good stuff. THink of the carts that came with your kit as 'training wheels' lol

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
The heartburn is from trying to 'smoke' it and not 'vape' - ie, youre vaping too fast it has nothing to do with PG or VG and evrything to do with technique and nicotine.
The basic Dekang stuff you get with t e starter kits is in NO WAY representative of the flavors you CAN get - but it helps you to practice without wasting the good stuff. THink of the carts that came with your kit as 'training wheels' lol

I vape like I smoked, when I smoked "analogs" I would inhale into my mouth then inhale into my lungs then exhale. With vaping i'm doing the same thing.
I am not inhaling directly into my lungs, I feel uncomfortable doing that.
Is that how you are suppose to vape? directly into your lungs?

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
No - but you must take longer slower drags - if you vape the same way you smoked its probably alot faster and shorter. You dont need to lung inhale at all, I don't, I do it the way you do but I have to do it more slowly or I get heartburn.
Smokers tend to vary their smoking depending on what they want from a cig - if they are stressed they'll take short very fast puffs as it ups the nic intake a lot in a short space of time. When relaxing they take leisurely slow drags and those are the kind you need to do when vaping.
My fault for not being clear - one tends to forget that not everyone can read my mind lol

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Hey jRP!

I'm with ya on the Dekang juice. I didn't find it... terrible. But it certainly wasn't what I had in mind.

Fortunately, there's lots of other flavors out there. I've actually tried the Applewood. I like it a lot. To be honest, it's not terribly "tobacco-y," but it still has that woody taste to it, and a slight rich sweetness. Very nice.

I believe the heartburn you're getting is from trying to vape it like an analog. I found that taking fewer puffs, more often, is what works best for me.

While it isn't necessary to breathe it into your lungs (the nic is mostly absorbed in your mouth), there's nothing wrong with doing it that way. I do it like you do - inhale into my mouth, and then into my lungs. I like doing it like that because a direct lung inhale feels too harsh, but not inhaling into my lungs at all makes me feel like I'm not smoking.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I've only been at this for 2 weeks and have tried various methods for the best vaping technique. Using a KR808 with carts I started smoking instead of vaping and quickly learned that analog-type smoking does not work.

When smoking analogs a hit is determined by draw strength. The harder the draw, the more tobacco is burned resulting in a stronger hit. A hard draw on a vaporizer seems to over-heat the Cartomizer, compromise the flavor, and quickly reduce the lifespan of the Cartomizer.

I have an Auto battery so I tried the "Primer Puff" method which I found entertaining but not quite right either, especially for max vapor.

If you are lover of fine cigars, I would say that the cigar method seems to be a good match for enjoying full flavor and vapor.

Start with a nice slow measured hit, roll the taste from your mouth to your nose by exhaling a little through your nose. This will give a nice full flavored hit and allow you to measure vapor production.

Best of luck and congrats on making the switch.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
I am using the Cartridges that came with the 510, Marlboro high, I was told it's Dekang. I don't like it at all, bad taste.

I am going to order some Backwoods Brew Applewood Tobacco and Tobacco, probably some flavor ones now for some sweetness, cause I loved my black n mild wine flavor cigars.

The filled carts you get with the device are generally considered to be not very good. As mentioned, find one(or two) of the many suppliers on here and order some small (7.5ml or less) sample sizes of various flavors to find something you like.

As a long time smoker, I've come to find that I really don't enjoy the tobacco flavors as much as I do the fruit ones...especially the ones that try to imitate the American cig brands. I do have a Turkish blend that I find to be good, but it's not something I like all day. I vape it in the morning when I wake up to give me my "morning smoke" fix and then switch over to a grape that I really like for the rest.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
Since you mentioned liking cigars you might want to try Vapor bombs cuban supreme. It has a very good fairly mild cigar flavor. Make sure you let it sit for a few days, though, before trying it because it is made fresh when you order and it takes about a week for the flavors to develop. Mine was shipped last Saturday and did not start tasting good till today.

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
After smoking the E-Cig with the Dekang juice, I feel like I get stuffed up.
Like my sinuses clog up. Is this normal?
Didn't happen to me yesterday, but today I smoked in the morning when I woke up and now I feel all clogged up, and its interrupting my breathing. :facepalm:

Maybe it's the juice? maybe it's that I have had an analog in a little over a month and am now smoking an E-cig?

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
After smoking the E-Cig with the Dekang juice, I feel like I get stuffed up.
Like my sinuses clog up. Is this normal?
Didn't happen to me yesterday, but today I smoked in the morning when I woke up and now I feel all clogged up, and its interrupting my breathing. :facepalm:

Maybe it's the juice? maybe it's that I have had an analog in a little over a month and am now smoking an E-cig?

I got this when I first switched...the PG will dry you out a bit and it's important to stay hydrated...also your lungs and sinuses will work on expelling the tar and mucus...so there is a bit of a little initial stuffy feeling...at least for me there was...which included coughing up some not very nice looking stuff...but that quickly subsided...

some tobaccos I like a lot:
RY$ from backwoods brew...(havent tried the applewood but I hear lots of good things)
Drewbacco1 from nhaler...(his lung renewal juice is also fantastic along with some others)
cinnabomb and green apple from vaporbomb...i hear good things about their tobaccos like shade and perique as well..

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
If you want a really good tobacco flavor, try American Blend from NicotineNirvana.com. That's my everyday, staple vape. Great tobacco flavor with just a touch of sweetness, and no chemical undertone.

But if you like dessert-type flavors, TastyVapor.us is the place to go. I have a few from TV for my occasional treat while watching the tube or something.

RadicalJD

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
I got this when I first switched...the PG will dry you out a bit and it's important to stay hydrated...also your lungs and sinuses will work on expelling the tar and mucus...so there is a bit of a little initial stuffy feeling...at least for me there was...which included coughing up some not very nice looking stuff...but that quickly subsided...

some tobaccos I like a lot:
RY$ from backwoods brew...(havent tried the applewood but I hear lots of good things)
Drewbacco1 from nhaler...(his lung renewal juice is also fantastic along with some others)
cinnabomb and green apple from vaporbomb...i hear good things about their tobaccos like shade and perique as well..

Yeah i'm dried out as well, although I am a fitness guru, so I am always drinking water I still feel dried out and stuffy. Probably because the crappy Dekang, and high PG %.

I'm going to give vapor bomb a try, they have good prices.
I am going to get some with 0 Nicotine, and some with Nicotine.
So far I have Honey 0 nic 60%VG 40%PG, Strawberry 0 nic 60%VG 40%PG, Grape 0 nic 80%VG 20% PG, Tutti Frutti 0 nic 70%VG 30%PG.
Or should I keep all the VG and PG the same? Looking for something sweet to puff on if I can get away from the nicotine all together I would love to, I have been off analogs for over a month now.
Going to give Shade E a try, with 24MG Nic 80%PG 20%VG

Edit: Also now going to have to give Cinna Bomb a try, sound rlly good. Think i'll go 0 nic 70%VG 30%PG.

Let me know what you think.
I did really good quitting analogs, I think it's just the oral fixation I need and love.

Last edited:

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
If you want a really good tobacco flavor, try American Blend from NicotineNirvana.com. That's my everyday, staple vape. Great tobacco flavor with just a touch of sweetness, and no chemical undertone.

But if you like dessert-type flavors, TastyVapor.us is the place to go. I have a few from TV for my occasional treat while watching the tube or something.

RadicalJD

I'll give that a try, but right now I want to try samples and explore before I buy 30ML of one flavor liquid.

Thanks

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
the VG will be sweeter...and more VG is more vapor..VG versus PG is a personal thing...the most I go is a 50/50 mix...but then I'm using nic and want a bit of a throat hit too..

sounds like a good plan thogh to find something you like and something that works for you..

Yeah I think on some of the flavor ones I'll add some Nicotine to it.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread