E-cig tastes bad! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candigirl

Jul 27, 2011
Kansas
I posted last week asking for advice. The e-cig (joye 510) was not tasting good and I was not enjoying it. I still wanted analogs. Many told me to try flavors since I only had the tobacco flavor. I ordered several ones to try. My e-cig still tastes bad and I'm not really tasting much of the flavor. What do I need to do? I want to quit analogs!!!!!!
THANKS for any advice!

EDDIE D

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
FLORIDA
also, are using cartridges or dripping? dripping you can get a little bit fuller flavor but if you're using tobacco, my original juice of tobacco tasted like sheet. once you find your perfect flavor to your tastebuds it'll be awesome. bump up your nicotine level if you're still craving analogs. over time you should prefer the ecig over analogs and it'll be a natural transition and you'll eventually phase out your cigarette use, some people are immediate others over time...

nastos.

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
South West FL,
well you might have tried vaping it while it was too dry and burned a little bit of the filling. If you are using cartomizers you may want to open a new one.

If using an atomizer you may want to try cleaning it with vodka. Whichever method you use you need to always make sure it doesnt dry out too much inside. You may just not be using enough juice?

EDDIE D

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
FLORIDA
to keep it wet, you gotta prime it. pop out the cartridge and drip a drop or two on the bent up bar inside the atomizer, just be careful not to flood the thing or you'll gurgle it. then fill up the cartridge. no burnt taste and good vapor is what is supposed to happen. when just starting is a little tricky to get the exact proportion, not too dry and not too wet where it's flooded.

Scootypuff

Dec 22, 2010
New Orleans
Ah, you cleaned out your cartridge (cart) but not the atomizer. There will still be liquid in the atomizer you were using. You can remedy this partially by blowing out the liquid (blow from the cart side with the battery hole into a paper towel) and then prime the atomizer with a couple of drops of the new liquid that you put into your cart. There will still be a residue of the old flavor for a bit, but that will help to get it out faster so that you can taste the new flavor more accurately.

EDDIE D

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
FLORIDA
i don't really use cartridges, when i drip, i put a few drops in, if it tastes burnt i can either wait a few seconds for it to have time to soak into the wick or i can just add another drop, if it still tastes burnt i add another drop, and so on until i hit the right level of wetness on the atomizer. the atomizer is a little coil with a wick above it with a bent up bridge that touches the filler material of the cartridge. cartridges take some time to wick down so most people prime it with a predrop before popping the cartridge on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread