Status
Not open for further replies.

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
HALO
BELGIAN CACA-just kidding cocoa.. do you even read this?

18mg, VV twist @4.2v, blend ?, SR atty, steeped 1 day

Color- amber

Vapor-good

Throat hit- good

Subtle, medium flavored, or strong flavored- medium-

Non sweet, slightly sweet, sweet,very sweet - lightly sweet

Is it clean? (Is it free of any, perfumy, soapy or chemical like notes?)-yes

OVERALL RATING (Bad, ok, good, great) good

MY EXPERIENCE & OPINION YMMV

I've had Swiss Miss lol but I don't remember having Belgian Cocoa in particular. So I googled it to see what Belgian Cocoa is supposed to be, vs. you know, regular cocoa/hot chocolate.

Turns out Belgian chocolate is a very high quality chocolate to which other chocolates are measured by.

Halo Belgian Cocoa, is a good chocolate type flavor. It isn't very sweet, it's slightly bitter and dry with an off chocolate taste, with a distinct aftertaste on the exhale. It's kind of weird. That's probably why its named "cocoa" instead of chocolate.

That being the case, if you don't expect miracles with cocoa it's probably as good as you will find in the chocolate e-juice realm. It's not my favorite chocolate but right up there in another vein going a different direction.

This is the one Halo juice I had tried before and liked, but the label was rubbed off and I didn't know the name.

If you are a chocolate ejuice fan you've probably already heard about it and tried it. If not then you should. If you hate chocolate juices, this probably won't change your mind because its still somewhat off, and fake tasting. I like it though.

7mls are $5.99, 30mls are $19.99

Use code : ecften for 10% off bottled juices. Free priority shipping for orders over $75

Halo Electronic Cigarette

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Well, crud. That's precisely what I was afraid I'd hear, that the sterling reviews from diehard Halo fans may be engaged in wishful thinking by tasting what's not there, or---in this case---not tasting what is there. What is it about chocolate eliquids that makes them taste ersatz and artificial, and bear only the merest wisp of resemblance to the real thing?

Another brick to toss on the ever-growing mountain of evidence that, as a food, chocolate is the ambrosia of the gods, but as a vape, it's playing in the wrong arena and never quite hits the bull's-eye of true satisfaction. Must be something about the difference in sensation between the stomach and the lungs.

In cuisine, chocolate rules. Winner of Best in Show for desserts and candies---bars and shakes, brownies and cakes. In vaping, however, tobacco and vanilla are the reigning monarchs---the King and Queen of VaporLand.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
Until I tried Belgium Cocoa, I always said I hated chocolate e-juices. BC is a true cocoa flavor with no of the funky tastes I have found in other chocolate juices. Chocolate is not an all day vape for me, but I do keep an atty filled with this. I like to hit it first thing in the morning and after dinner!!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I stand corrected. About two minutes after I posted that I wasn't on Halo's list, Halo PM'd me, saying that I was on the list for Round Two of their giveaways, and asking what flavors I'd like. Since I had Tribeca and Belgian Cocoa on the way, I asked for Turkish Tobacco and Midnight Apple.

Thanks, Halo!

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
Until I tried Belgium Cocoa, I always said I hated chocolate e-juices. BC is a true cocoa flavor with no of the funky tastes I have found in other chocolate juices. Chocolate is not an all day vape for me, but I do keep an atty filled with this. I like to hit it first thing in the morning and after dinner!!

If someone is looking for something like what other vendors call chocolate, they may be disappointed in the Belgian Cocoa. It is definitely not your usual chocolate vape! It definitely does taste like cocoa, though! Rich, dark, high quality Belgian Cocoa, in fact! It could be an all day vape, as it is not sweet. I just re-visited the clearo I have it in. I do not like clearos! I was sick a while back, so I mixed some of their Mystic with the Belgian and WOW! Menthol cocoa, a definite all day vape and I am not even a menthol vaper! Won't crack your clearo, either! :) I think the Mystic is a great mixer as it is a strong menthol. I am going to experiment with some of my fruity vapes to see if I can spice them up.....

I hear that they have the Belgian Cocoa in their new Mocha flavor. I'm definitely going to have to try that one, sounds delish!!!!!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
im a fan of Belgian Cocoa. its creamy and delicious. and the TH is sufficient. the thing i like most about belgian cocoa is that it tastes great hot/warm. its so at home being warm, and what i mean by that is some flavors, like fruit punch for example- doesnt really work because i dont prefer warm fruit punch. i guess you could just dial it down on juices like that, but i like my vape warm at all times. and i dig gettign some warm hot cocoa vape action :vapor:

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Thanks, dog. I have a 7ml bottle on the way, which I purchased, since I'm not on Halo's "cool vapers to give stuff to" list.

how do you get on Halo's cool vapers to give stuff to list? i'm a cool vaper. ;) Love Halos Tribeca and Prime15. Just received an order. I just wish I had seen the 10% off code before I did. I did get a free 10ML sample bottle of their new Cafe Mocha although it looks like someone already tried it. It only has about 8ML in it. :laugh:

adl

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta
It's a very strong overpowering juice. Smells like a chocolate factory in my house. It may be a good juice for some but its not for me.

It is not an ADV for me because I'm not a chocolate lover but I like it occasionally. My favorite thing about it is the smell. When I open my juice drawer in my night stand I get a burst of it.

A few weeks ago had a carto full of Belgian Cocoa and set my g6 down on a table at work and somehow during moving some computers around the ecig rolled off the table and fell into a box of parts. If it hadnt been for the smell I never would have found it.

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I stand corrected. About two minutes after I posted that I wasn't on Halo's list, Halo PM'd me, saying that I was on the list for Round Two of their giveaways, and asking what flavors I'd like. Since I had Tribeca and Belgian Cocoa on the way, I asked for Turkish Tobacco and Midnight Apple.

Thanks, Halo!

How does one go about getting added to this list? :)

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
Add me to the free Belgium cocoa list. Lol. Had one other cocoa flavored juice and its my all day vape.

If you check their threads in the main forum, they have juice contests quite often! You usually have to be quick though! Right now, there is a huge sale going on at Constant Vapor - Best deals and steals for ecigs. If you use the code liquid35 you will get 35% off all Halo juices which brings the total to only $3.89! Coupon is good through 10/22 and is actually good on everything they sell!

I tried dripping some of their mocha and found that the coffee flavor seemed predominate right out of the bottle, no steeping. Then, when I added some of the belgian cocoa to it, I could totally taste the two flavors very well! Yum! I am loving the belgian cocoa! :) I do love it more than the mocha and am happy that I revisited it! :)

the.vapyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2010
Houston, Texas
I love BC. It is the best chocolate eliquid I have tried. Has anyone noticed a buildup of sediment from it on your wicks? After vaping it constantly for several days, I have started to notice a residue on my tongue. I have tried running my SS wick under really hot water and even running it several times in my ultrasonic jewlry cleaner but I can't get rid of it. At first I thought it was from the pre-oxidation of the mesh. I then got a new clean RBA and vaped something else on it for a while with no residue. I put a few drops of BC in and noticed immediately the sediment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread