Halo G6 user about to switch to GLV 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzure

Aug 22, 2011
austin
I have been vaping with my Halo G6 for about 2 weeks now. Everything is great. I have not wanting to smoke any cigarettes since then. I smoked last night from a friend and it tastes weird and not tasty. It's odd.

However I found myself having to charge frequently. Because of this, I started to look for something that has a longer battery life. Then I found GLV 2 GLV-2 Electronic Cigarette [GLV-2] - $110.00 : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

I opt for the GLV because of the size and longer battery life. I found that it has a lifetime warranty and heard that they have a good customer service.

My question is do anyone know if the cartomizer from Halo G6 G6 Basic Starter Kit - G6 E-Cig will fit into the GLV2? When choosing the GLV2, I need to make a choice of 510/ 901/801 (I don't have any idea what that is).

If not, Do you know if there is any adapter that can fit the cartomizer that will fit the GLV2. I asked because when I have a lot of cartomizer from Halo that I bought earlier. And the cartomizer works fine and last quite a few days before I tossed them. I thought I'd use those with the GLV2.

Or should I instead get more battery for the G6? I don't like the idea because I will then end up with a bunch of batteries laying around. getting mix up which batteries I have used.

Thank you in advance.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I have the G6 as well, and I think its a pretty sweet kit. I haven't really had any issues with my batts, but you could look into getting the PCC for it. Its $30, and you can charge while you are out and about if you want to go with a cheaper option instead of dishing out $110.
I have only had mine for about a week, but I can say that I do need to charge each battery once a day. So maybe the PCC will be a cheaper option unless you just want to upgrade.

Azzure

Aug 22, 2011
austin
nkr501,
I guess I wanted something that requires less charging. I find it a hassle after quite some time. I charge 2-3 times each battery every day. I'll absolutely try the PCC. It is a great device when I wanted to go out and socialize for the day with my G6.
I really wanted something that has battery life that lasted for a day, something I can enjoy more and not too big of a device(I can bring outside to vape with). And thought the GLV2 fits this category.

Thank you.

wv2win,
I guess there's some other name to name the G6 cartomizer or something?
Because when I went to madvapes(link below) I have no idea what those numbers means and which one I should be gettin.
Adapters

As like what nkr 501 states, I can the 901 style of GLv2 then use the adapter from madvapes. But 901 to which one?

Oh ya, btw, I also realized that there's also the 6v. But the 6v doesnt have resistor. Have any idea what the resistor do? I heard that 5 v is like a sweet spot in vaping.

Thanks ALL!

Last edited:

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
Definitely understandable. Batteries can be a hassle especially when you are on the go. The numbers represent the thread and attachment style too I believe. Actually if you get the 510 style and get a 901 adapter, you can use your 808 cartos from your G6.
Mods - E-Cig Multi Adapters
That site has basically any adapter you would need. If you plan on going with the GLv2 then I would get the 510 and get the 510 to 901 adapter from that site.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Definitely understandable. Batteries can be a hassle especially when you are on the go. The numbers represent the thread and attachment style too I believe. Actually if you get the 510 style and get a 901 adapter, you can use your 808 cartos from your G6.
Mods - E-Cig Multi Adapters
That site has basically any adapter you would need. If you plan on going with the GLv2 then I would get the 510 and get the 510 to 901 adapter from that site.

If the G6 is the same as a 901, then I agree, get the GLV with the 510 connector and pick up a 510 to 901 adapter. IF the G6 is an 808, then get a 510 to 808 adapter.

The 5 volt GLV2 has a resister that takes the power output from two 3.0 volt batteries that equal 6 volts and reduces it to 5 volts. And you are right, for most, 5 volt vaping using regular resistence atomizers or cartomizers or dual coil cartomizers is considered the "sweet spot".

You will be very pleased with the improved performance you will get with the 5 volt GLV2.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
If the G6 is the same as a 901, then I agree, get the GLV with the 510 connector and pick up a 510 to 901 adapter. IF the G6 is an 808, then get a 510 to 808 adapter.

The 5 volt GLV2 has a resister that takes the power output from two 3.0 volt batteries that equal 6 volts and reduces it to 5 volts. And you are right, for most, 5 volt vaping using regular resistence atomizers or cartomizers or dual coil cartomizers is considered the "sweet spot".

You will be very pleased with the improved performance you will get with the 5 volt GLV2.

On the liberty flights they specify that their 510 battery to 901 atty will work for the 808 cartos as far as cross threading.

"The 901 adapters will allow for a kr808D-1 cartomizer to fit on to a 510 battery or mod." thats strait from the site and the pictures look right. They don't have anything else for teh 808 that I saw.

Azzure

Aug 22, 2011
austin
OK. So Can I assume that G6's cartomizer is the same as 901. If this is true, any reason to why I can just get the 901. This way, I don't have to hassle with adapter. Am I right? Am I missing something?

Thanks to both of you guys. Very helpful information to newcomers like me who don't have much clue to all this stuff. I just wanna get my nicotine fix you know? :)

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
GLVs are incredible. I'll resist writing a huge rant of the wonderfulness that is GLV. Suffice it to say, excellent decision! I'd strongly suggest ordering yours with 510 threading. Let Jay and Sara know what other supplies you have and they can send an adapter with your GLV to use with those supplies. They actually answer the phone number on their site :) 510 is by far the most popular threading avalable so you'll have more options in this big, wonderful vaping world.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
OK. So Can I assume that G6's cartomizer is the same as 901. If this is true, any reason to why I can just get the 901. This way, I don't have to hassle with adapter. Am I right? Am I missing something?

Thanks to both of you guys. Very helpful information to newcomers like me who don't have much clue to all this stuff. I just wanna get my nicotine fix you know? :)

I am not 100% sure, I ordered the adapter for my Riva510 that I ordered but I can't verify it for another 7-8 days. The site says that its compaible with 808 cartos or 901 carts. No way to tell until I get it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Unfortunately the vaping world (supply wise) has been sucked into believing that the 510 is the standard that all PV's should adapt. I don't agree with this, but it's reality. You will have many more cartomizer options (dual coil, megas, etc), tank options, etc that come with 510 threading. So I would get the 510 connector and use the adapter for your 808 supplies. They make stealth adapters now so they are almost not even seen.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
Unfortunately the vaping world (supply wise) has been sucked into believing that the 510 is the standard that all PV's should adapt. I don't agree with this, but it's reality. You will have many more cartomizer options (dual coil, megas, etc), tank options, etc that come with 510 threading. So I would get the 510 connector and use the adapter for your 808 supplies. They make stealth adapters now so they are almost not even seen.

Yeah, like I said the adapter that I ordered hopefully works. It looks pretty subdued so it won't be overly obvious if at all. I agree with 510s too, they have a lot more options and adapters to work with almost any threading.

Azzure

Aug 22, 2011
austin

So g6's cartomizer model = 808?

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
So g6's cartomizer model = 808?

That is correct, the G6 is a KR808 style PV. The threading won't work on a 510 without the adapter, and I did research and you can in fact use the 510 to 901 adapter to use the 808 cartos. I had to look it up, but some 901 models will take 808 cartos. So getting the 510 thread will be more universal with numerous adapter options and products made for it.

scatterthelogan

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2011
maryland

i know this should probably be another thread but why is everything in 510. i like the 808 cartos better and the 901 attys better than the 510 by far. 510's have given me nothing but trouble

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
i know this should probably be another thread but why is everything in 510. i like the 808 cartos better and the 901 attys better than the 510 by far. 510's have given me nothing but trouble

My guess would be that Joye who makes the 510 came out with better models before everyone else, like the Ego. You would have to ask a supplier, but Joye may have also done some better pricing initially that got new suppliers to use them more.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I have the G6 PCC from HALO and am totally happy with it. It allows me to charge my batteries on the run. It also holds an extra battery in it.

It's about the size of an IPOD Touch. I keep it in my car.

I just got my PCC for my G6, it is quite the handy contraption. It would have been nice to have a slot or two for some cartos, but the G6 cartos come in a handy little case of their own :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread