Halo Triton - Plastic tank compatible with all fluids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello vapers! Here is a pressing question for myself and I am sure a few other vapers. Feel free to point to a different thread if it's already been covered, I didn't see anything with certain responses. I just got my Triton and I love it. I have been happily vaping away at some Tribeca for about a week and it's awesome, but I would like to dig into some other flavors. Possibly from other e-liquid suppliers.
My issue is, after reviewing some other fluid threads and suppliers, I discovered there seems to be some issues with certain fluids/flavors being incompatible with clear plastic tanks (particularly polycarbonate ones); when used together the fluid etches/cracks the tanks! :blink: My research so far points to those flavors that are fruity/minty/earthy, containing ketones. Some specific named flavoring compounds are Amyl-acetate and Benzyl-acetate. Everything I have seen indicates that clear, glass-like plastic tanks are made with polycarbonate, so I assume the Triton tanks are polycarbonate?

So I guess the key things we need to determine are the following:
1. What type of plastic is the Triton tank made from?
2. Are all Halo liquids compatible with the Triton tanks? (do they contain the offending flavorings above)
3. If 2 is not a resounding YES, which Halo flavors should be avoided with the Triton tanks?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
All types of plastic tanks end with the same results using the corrosive elements (citrus, licorice, etc). Only metal and glass (pyryx) tanks are immune. The Triton Tanks are plastic. They will corrode/melt with those elements.

Halo's equipment are fully compatible with Halo's juices. They all use the same proprietary blend of PG/VG; darker juices in the line might clog coils on carts or the wicks of the tanks, but that is the nature of darker liquids in general.

I've been using the same 3 G6 minitanks for a good month, with various e-liquids. Some thicker, some darker. Those disposable minitanks are still working well. Cleaning is essential for any tank system. The coil heads in the Triton Tanks last well over a month without performance or flavor loss with periodic cleaning.

I've used various liquids inside the Triton Tanks, and has no issues with them. Beware any plastic tank killers and you'll be fine. Until the time Halo releases a glass tank, grab yourself a 808 to 510 adapter and grab a pyrex glass tank for those "hot" juices.

bigt

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
PA
All types of plastic tanks end with the same results using the corrosive elements (citrus, licorice, etc). Only metal and glass (pyryx) tanks are immune. The Triton Tanks are plastic. They will corrode/melt with those elements.

Halo's equipment are fully compatible with Halo's juices. They all use the same proprietary blend of PG/VG; darker juices in the line might clog coils on carts or the wicks of the tanks, but that is the nature of darker liquids in general.

I've been using the same 3 G6 minitanks for a good month, with various e-liquids. Some thicker, some darker. Those disposable minitanks are still working well. Cleaning is essential for any tank system. The coil heads in the Triton Tanks last well over a month without performance or flavor loss with periodic cleaning.

I've used various liquids inside the Triton Tanks, and has no issues with them. Beware any plastic tank killers and you'll be fine. Until the time Halo releases a glass tank, grab yourself a 808 to 510 adapter and grab a pyrex glass tank for those "hot" juices.

Can you recommend a reasonably priced but well-performing tank that goes with the Triton battery

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Can you recommend a reasonably priced but well-performing tank that goes with the Triton battery

There are no pyrex glass tanks that are threaded for the Triton battery. You could of course get a 510 to 808 thread adapter, though it won't be a nice "look" and use 510 threaded clearomizers. Most pyrex tanks will cost you a bit, certainly more than the Triton tanks. The Triton tanks are very well built but not made for licorice, cinamon, or citrus ejuices (Fine for Malibu however).

If you want an atomizer/tank, the Smoktech pyrex DCT (dual coil tank) is one of the less expensive and very nice at under $15. You could use that with a thread adapter, but it is a wide tank, and not well balanced to an eGo or Triton battery. Outside of not being pyrex, the Triton tank is a fine clearomizer and the best match for the Triton batteries. It has been hinted that Halo may be adding other Triton compatible tanks, but no certain release announcement.

J Guns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Fresno, CA USA
Can you recommend a reasonably priced well-performing tank that goes with the Triton battery

Search Google for a "901 ego adapter", then grab a kanger protank. This won't look perfect, but certainly better than daisy chaining adapters. Kanger is releasing a mini ProTank soon that will use the ego thread instead of the 510, which will likely look better, even with adapters, on the Triton than the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread