• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Happy Birthday, America!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
And the year has turned, once again we celebrate our independence day in our country.

For many people, we celebrate this day simply as one we don't have to work, a day for carnivals, fireworks, alcohol and parties.

But I'd like to take a moment to reflect on why we have this day as one of the revered days on the American calander.

Our founding fathers took it on themselves to fight the big dogs, the ones with the money and power, because of something they believed in. They, in turn, stimulated the common people to see this belief as attainable. They then all banded together to fight for this belief.

Unity. Common purpose. One goal, one objective, one message with one million voices all stating it in unison. With this binding, they were an unstoppable juggernaught.

And, they won. Against terrible odds. With losses that were staggering. But they won...and forged this, the greatest country in the world, on their principals.

Just remember this, on this 4th of July. Enjoy your holiday.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Great post, Vicks! This should be marked this year as a milestone year for our Armed Forces, although everyone is skeptical (media) it is a great week for celebrating independance, look at Iraq! As stated, not much is being made of it, what does everyone think about this? It's like nothing much happened there over seven years. Makes me very sad. I just pray they can go forward in peace. And God Bless America.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Great point Vicks!!

I'm really proud of America's Park System. It's inspiring that the conservationists had the foresight to preserve some of the most special places and set them aside for nature to still exist. I enjoy going to Wisconsin's great State Parks, too. They are a great place get into nature, which is good for ones soul.

I'm gonna go for a hike,,, I really feel the most independent when am in the woods.

Happy Independence Day!!

vape on!

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
If I know you 'MlrGrl' you meant "NORTH Korea". Uh-huh, want to vacation there someday

Holy crud!! you are correct! I'm soooo sorry!

You know; for some reason, I've been thinking something was strange about that post, but I couldn't put my finger on it....
I think I'll have to edit that before someone thinks I'm really loosing it! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread