Hardware Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapout1003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
ohio
I need some hardware advice. I'm looking for something to blend into a business environment. I have stick batteries, an eroll and multiple evods and egos. As they say " I need more horsepower". What are some small mods that aren't incredibly heavy? It needs to carried in a dress shirt pocket with a pen cap style cover or at least something to cover the exposed mouthpiece. Blending in is the key to this working. Carrying something in the pocket of my dress pants isn't an option. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I would look into the REOs. They are a box mod, have plenty of horsepower and come in several sizes. Even the REO Grand is pretty compact, about as tall as a pack of smokes but not as wide. Of course with and atomizer or rba on top it's a bit smaller. There is a smaller one called the Mini that works just like the Grand. I've only owned the Grand and only for about a week, but it's been great. It's bottom fed and I just fill the 6ml bottle at the start of the day and I'm good. The mini, I believe, has a 3 mil bottle, so depending on how much you vape you may need to refill.

Anyways, just a suggestion. I just wished I had gotten mine earlier.

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
I have one of these, might be right for you.
Innokin iTaste VV

1-120411135134222.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm looking for something to blend into a business environment. I have stick batteries, an eroll and multiple evods and egos. As they say [B" I need more horsepower"[/B]. What are some small mods that aren't incredibly heavy? It needs to carried in a dress shirt pocket with a pen cap style cover or at least something to cover the exposed mouthpiece. Blending in is the key to this working. Carrying something in the pocket of my dress pants isn't an option.
The Innokin iTaste VV that Fergie mentioned is probably the closest that you will find, especially with that pocket clip. You'll still need to deal with a drip tip showing though, like any other device that will be recommended. Finding an extremely short drip tip might be less conspicuous.

You might find the battery life of the iTaste VV to be lacking, as with any battery that size. Using VV with it will shorten the battery life even more.

The Reo advice is a decent one for size, but you'll be limited in power to the battery it uses. No option for VV unless you go with the much larger VV Reos.

If it was me, I'd get an Innokin iTaste MVP. Its not big at all, about the same size as a smartphone or smaller. In fact, Innokin sells a leather case that can attach to your belt like a cell phone. It looks nothing like a typical mod; I think it looks quite sophisticated and classy. Three days on a battery charge is pretty hard to beat. And it excells with using clearomizers. Price is nice, too.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP V2.jpg

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Why no pocket carry? I work in a lab at a University and am required to wear nice slacks at work every day. I pocket carry. I have never had a problem with it. I am just asking because it opens up more options. I carry my iTaste SVD in 18500 mode in my pocket with mini Protank or a knockoff a7 RDA and have no problems. Sometimes I carry my K101 in 18650 mode with the same attachments and have no problem with that either. I am shipping/safety/ordering manager in my lab so I am up and down at my desk constantly.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
I have one of these, might be right for you.
Innokin iTaste VV

1-120411135134222.jpg

The original of this was sold under the Iwand brand and logo. It uses a square clearomizer that is cover by the top cap. Google Iwand eicg.

P.S. I know this because the wife just got one. We were rummaging around behind the counter in a B&M (try that at fasttech) and saw this dust covered box.

Last edited:

tapout1003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
ohio
I have 3 eroll kits. The performance and reliability of all 3 has been spotty at best. They leak whenever they feel like it and opening the pcc to find a dead battery at 10 am isn't going to work for me. I love the form factor, I just can't deal with the problems.

Pocket carry is not an option. I have to carry a lot of junk at work. My EDC is too much as it is and when I add mod weight to my pocket it's to heavy or all banging around with everything else. Dockers or cargo pants would work but the dress pants involved don't take all the weight well.

I'll look up the Iwand tonight. That might just do it.

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
The original of this was sold under the Iwand brand and logo. It uses a square clearomizer that is cover by the top cap. Google Iwand eicg.

P.S. I know this because the wife just got one. We were rummaging around behind the counter in a B&M (try that at fasttech) and saw this dust covered box.
I just used the picture for reference.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
The Innokin iTaste VV that Fergie mentioned is probably the closest that you will find, especially with that pocket clip. You'll still need to deal with a drip tip showing though, like any other device that will be recommended. Finding an extremely short drip tip might be less conspicuous.

You might find the battery life of the iTaste VV to be lacking, as with any battery that size. Using VV with it will shorten the battery life even more.

The Reo advice is a decent one for size, but you'll be limited in power to the battery it uses. No option for VV unless you go with the much larger VV Reos.

If it was me, I'd get an Innokin iTaste MVP. Its not big at all, about the same size as a smartphone or smaller. In fact, Innokin sells a leather case that can attach to your belt like a cell phone. It looks nothing like a typical mod; I think it looks quite sophisticated and classy. Three days on a battery charge is pretty hard to beat. And it excells with using clearomizers. Price is nice, too.

View attachment 257485 View attachment 257484

Your posts are always so very helpful to me.
Thank you for being a resource for those of us in beginning stages.
Best,
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread