Has anyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicomarie

Mar 12, 2010
Omaha, NE
Has anyone else never received a free sample or extra from a supplier? I've heard stories about so-and-so throwing in a free bottle of juice or atty, or even calling new customers and I have never experienced this. I have ordered from multiple suppliers on this forum and never gotten something for nothing.

I don't really mind, I mean, they are not obligated to send me free things when they don't advertise that they do. I just wonder how the suppliers are choosing who receives free product. I will say that when i hear that certain suppliers usually throw in freebies I am more likely to order from them. However, I haven't received a benefit from this method of choosing suppliers.

It just makes you wonder...

msqun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
MS
www.facebook.com
No, I haven't gotten any freebies in with any of my orders, but I have won a few things and always recieved them :)

Really? what kind of stuff have you won? How do you personally keep up with opportunities to Win things? You can just PM me or something IF you feel like answering this so I don't take over the thread.

BTW, I have received one or two VERY minor freebies. I was totally thankful for even that, but I just say it like that because I hear about the free juice and I've wondered too. Curious what kind of spending limits may qualify you or if it has to do with being a repeat or what??? Any suppliers care to share what IF any things actually make you more or less likely to throw in freebies....besides 500.00 mega orders.;)

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Some suppliers do it because they have new product (usually juice) and they want feedback - its not supposed to be a bribe - its a little thank you fr your order and would you try this please gift. Competition out there is fierce right now and we are a limited - but growing - number of consumers.
I have had a couple of freebies - one was very unexpected, and did its job - I went back to order things from that vendor when I needed something they, and a few others, carried. Their prices were good or I wouldn't have ordered from them initially :) I do try not EXPECT freebies though, (Im talking about from companies I know from personal experience have done it before), because thats unfair; I must admit though, I always look in the pack to see if I got 'lucky' lol
The other freebies I got was from a juice company who make great juice that i like, I would buy from them anyway, freebies or no, because their prices are good, shipping is good and flavors are varied. The owner is always making up new flavors so she likes to send out little samples to her customers, old and new alike, to try them out. WHen she sin't mixing up a storm, theres usually no freebies; makes sense to me.

missyjo919

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
Indiana
Yes I have gotten a sample/small size bottle of juice to try out from a few of the suppliers with orders. Some throw in special little surprise's that are just fun and make you feel like they really care about their customer's. For example: Some have their own magnets or they throw in cart filler or candy. I also love it when you get a handwritten message with your name or they take the time to actually write a personal reply to an email. It may sound kinda cheesy but that little extra personalization really says a lot to me that the vendor takes a moment to actually pay attention to who that order is going to. It is the small things that will keep me ordering from a handful of vendors!

Rainbowz

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Oregon, USA
Really? what kind of stuff have you won? How do you personally keep up with opportunities to Win things? You can just PM me or something IF you feel like answering this so I don't take over the thread.

BTW, I have received one or two VERY minor freebies. I was totally thankful for even that, but I just say it like that because I hear about the free juice and I've wondered too. Curious what kind of spending limits may qualify you or if it has to do with being a repeat or what??? Any suppliers care to share what IF any things actually make you more or less likely to throw in freebies....besides 500.00 mega orders.;)

One supplier I have ordered from has always personally called me after my order, and gives me "raffle" tickets for every 10 dollars I spend there for a once a month drawing. And I only usually spend about 30-40 dollars each order. Haven't won anything yet, but I do like the personal phone calls!

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
I usually always get a little something extra from Frank at Cigeasy - he is great, great customer service - usually just a extra cart or two of diff. flavors to try out.
And I just recently ordered an Extra Long KR808D-1 battery, auto from V4L (wow, it's longer than I really wanted, abt. the length of a pen - so I might be looking to trade with someone) ...anyway they threw in a free cart. of Black Tea flavor 36mg. (way more than I vape-16mg-so I might look to trade that off as well) and a nice single-battery V4L pouch to carry my huge new tool in-it's pretty cool.
But I agree, it is good customer relations and it's a nice added touch to be able to sample different flavors.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have gotten a few and it is a nice touch. One thing bothers me though. There is one supplier where a few customers write glowing reports and tell of being sent twice what they ordered for the price of one and things like that. I have placed rather large orders from this place and gotten a 3 ml of juice free. I just don't like reading a sub-forum where it is kind of kissy kissy and overly gushing type of stuff. It sounds like the ones who gush like crazy get treated especially well and that is fine, owner's perogative...just not for me. I rarely order from the site anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread