HCigar new mech mod Kylin

Status
Not open for further replies.

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
The Kylin at Vermillion is hcigar.

I wonder how that kayfun will be on the Kylin. It's probably bigger and heavier than the Kylin:)

Here it is with the Kylin in 18500 mode. Pretty good results with a 0.9 Ohm chimney micro coil build :)

KFL_zps918bf7a1.jpg

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
This gent on e-bay has clones he says are 1:1 exact with serial numbers as well ..... THAT'S REALLY a clone when they add serial numbers!

$39.70 .... CHI YOU by Mojo Clone BRASS & STAINLESS STEEL HIGH QUALITY Mechanical Mod Vape .... Chi You by Mojo Clone Brass Stainless Steel High Quality Mechanical Mod Vape | eBay

$41.97 .... NEMESIS Hcigar Clone by Atmomixani MECHANICAL MOD Vaporizer Vape BEST QUALITY .... Nemesis Hcigar Clone by Atmomixani Mechanical Mod Vaporizer Vape Best Quality | eBay

On both: "This Chi You (and Nemesis) is a 1:1 Clone, not a 1:10 Clone. It is a EXACT replica of the Chiyou Mod and the closest to the REAL DEAL money can buy. By holding, using, assembling, and dissembling both true and clone version you will find literally no difference in appearance or performance what so ever. Or at least we couldn't and we are experts in these mods. (more info on web site)

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
been rocking the kylin all day now, works a treat. threads have not loosened off at all, switch works great (although i may try a magnet mod) locking ring is good, just need to get the dremel out and polish off the rest of the "gold" plating (most of it was gone when i got the mod)...

I did mine, and its actually brass under the 2 different platings on the lockring.

IMAG1066.jpg

smokinwheels

Oct 6, 2012
Boston
Hi all,

For those considering pulling the trigger on the Hcigar version: Do it. I have an array of mech mods (best of which, a real gp paps) and I actually find myself picking up this little guy the most often. Hits very hard and is the shortest native 18500 mod I have found -- it marries beautifully with the kayfun, as shown earlier in this thread. Having the option to run an 18650 for those times I do go sub-ohm is great, too. Hell, even in 18650 mode, this thing is *still* shorter than the magneto in 18350 mode!

A couple tips: Mine came highly polished, which I hate. Even though it is stainless, to my eye, it makes it look like chrome. Very, very easy to fix... Use an old carto to mount it in a reversible drill (and run the drill so the device is spun opposite of the the body tube threads) and get a scotch brite pad from the supermarket. High speed for 3-5 minutes, keeping even but very light pressure and you'll end up with a perfect match for the kayfun brushed finish.

As for the switch, it is too light, which leads to wobbling and autofiring when you set it down. Two tweaks resulted in the best switch I own:

1) Add an extra, light spring. In fact, the springs meant for the gp paps fit *perfectly* inside the stock spring (to be clear, I am now using both springs, one sitting inside the other)... you can pick some up from domo vapor.

2) Add an o-ring to the base of the contact screw. This needs to be tiny, and in fact, if you have a bag of kayfun extras, the smallest o ring they provide (meant for the fill screw) is exactly the right size. The o ring will cut the length of the throw in half -- and it will also stop the screw from coming loose with use. The end result of all this is a switch with a throw a lot like my gp paps, but a good bit firmer. I don't worry about it firing on its own at all, even when being absent-minded and throwing it in a pocket without locking it. And it *never* misfires, no matter where or how I press it. It feels *great*.

To the earlier poster (or anyone who knows): Thanks for the magnet measurements. Did you ever find a source for magnets the right size? I'd like to try this out, too!

Hope this is helpful,
Steve.

RugerRob

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2014
Buford, GA
Hi all,

For those considering pulling the trigger on the Hcigar version: Do it. I have an array of mech mods (best of which, a real gp paps) and I actually find myself picking up this little guy the most often. Hits very hard and is the shortest native 18500 mod I have found -- it marries beautifully with the kayfun, as shown earlier in this thread. Having the option to run an 18650 for those times I do go sub-ohm is great, too. Hell, even in 18650 mode, this thing is *still* shorter than the magneto in 18350 mode!

A couple tips: Mine came highly polished, which I hate. Even though it is stainless, to my eye, it makes it look like chrome. Very, very easy to fix... Use an old carto to mount it in a reversible drill (and run the drill so the device is spun opposite of the the body tube threads) and get a scotch brite pad from the supermarket. High speed for 3-5 minutes, keeping even but very light pressure and you'll end up with a perfect match for the kayfun brushed finish.

As for the switch, it is too light, which leads to wobbling and autofiring when you set it down. Two tweaks resulted in the best switch I own:

1) Add an extra, light spring. In fact, the springs meant for the gp paps fit *perfectly* inside the stock spring (to be clear, I am now using both springs, one sitting inside the other)... you can pick some up from domo vapor.

2) Add an o-ring to the base of the contact screw. This needs to be tiny, and in fact, if you have a bag of kayfun extras, the smallest o ring they provide (meant for the fill screw) is exactly the right size. The o ring will cut the length of the throw in half -- and it will also stop the screw from coming loose with use. The end result of all this is a switch with a throw a lot like my gp paps, but a good bit firmer. I don't worry about it firing on its own at all, even when being absent-minded and throwing it in a pocket without locking it. And it *never* misfires, no matter where or how I press it. It feels *great*.

To the earlier poster (or anyone who knows): Thanks for the magnet measurements. Did you ever find a source for magnets the right size? I'd like to try this out, too!

Hope this is helpful,
Steve.

This worked great Steve, found a same diameter spring from another mod which I had replaced for magnets that was stiffer but compressed about the same and fit perfect. Took the rubber seal off one of the kanger coils and trimmed the edges off of it with scissors for the screw. Amazing, no more wobble or being crunchy if pressing too much on one side.

Excellent tip here, still no information on magnets for this one but your fix is a winner!

Thanks! :vapor:

Rob

smokinwheels

Oct 6, 2012
Boston
Thanks Rob -- glad I could help! If you ever stumble upon a source for magnets for this mod, please drop me a line (and I will do the same) -- would still like to experiment with that, too.

I have some pretty nice mods in my arsenal these days, but it's funny how I *still* keep coming back to this little cheapie, primarily because its just so damn short -- great for out and about!

--Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread