HCigar new mech mod Kylin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
Henderson, NV
Measurements for possible magnetic switch. These are the min/max dimensions for possible ring magnets.
Button side: max 15mm od, min 5mm id, 1mm thick.
Cap side: max 12mm od, min 7.5mm id, 1-2mm thick.

I think it's possible to use magnets. Here's what I had on hand and tried.
Button side: 10mm od, 5mm id, 1mm thick. This magnet goes 1/2 way down the post and stops. The post needs to be ground down a little and it should fit.
Cap side: 12mm od, 8mm id, 3mm thick. This magnet fits in the space about 1mm down and stops. The problem is the outer part of the space is slightly beveled down to about 10.5-11mm. 1mm thick will probably work.

Magnets should work. It's just hard to find exact sizes you need. What I have is close.

The switch definitely could use some work. It's got a very soft and nice short throw. I switched the spring to a tiny bit stronger one and that helped stability.

A couple notes on using a kick. I got a smok kick to work well in mine. I had to use a piece of thick paper to snug it up nice and tight. I also used the 18350 tube from an Anyvape CVI to do 18650 with a kick. I use this tube with a Evic head soooo, Evic tubes and I think SID tubes will work too if you have 18350 tubes for those. You have to flip the end tubes around so the wider end is in the center tube. It looks kinda goofy with my black tube but it works.

Phew! Long post. I hope info is helpful:)

Symmetry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Oregon, USA
fasttech has had these for a while now, with no logos, and on the cheap as usual

I thought that was a different atty that looks similar (possibly uses the same tubes)? Is there any confirmation that HCigar makes it or that it's any good? People on the FT forum are speculating that it has chromed contacts...bad news there.

Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
Henderson, NV
Love the form factor, ordered one hope it works ok. Now what genny to get for it?

It's so nice to be able to have a pv with an 18500 in the same size as most 18350s for out and about.

Did you get the Hcigar version? That's the one I have and it's nice. Silver plated contacts and good on voltage drop. The one on Fasttech looks a little questionable quality wise but who knows. I haven't seen it.

The mod is 22mm, so find a topper that's the same and you'll love it. It has a floating pin so your atty will fit flush.

Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
Henderson, NV
My vape mail next week will bring Kylin, AGAT3 and Kayfun plus, I'm excited! Oh, I ordered from the vermillion site, don't know if it is the Hcigar ver, is it? Right now I'm diggin the Noble 1, it is a small package with a HUGE punch.

The Kylin at Vermillion is Hcigar.

I wonder how that Kayfun will be on the Kylin. It's probably bigger and heavier than the Kylin:)

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
Here it is with the Aga (SS mesh, 28G, 0.7 Ohm) working great. The Kayfun is in the mail, can't wait to check it out.
Kylin_zps4330e44d.jpg

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
The Kylin at Vermillion is Hcigar.

I wonder how that Kayfun will be on the Kylin. It's probably bigger and heavier than the Kylin:)

I have a kylin from another manufacturer, will take a picture with the r91 when i get back home :)

edit: pic!

0uosm8j.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread