Head's up! - talk radio is tackling e-cigs tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
These docs are there to sell the "company line". The brought up two studies, one in North Carolina and one in Washington that I'm posting about because I've not heard of them before. The doc said the NC study got, I think he said, 30% of non-smokers addicted on e cigs. I don't think any study would be approved to allow non-smokers to be given nicotine in a study.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Was it the vickerman study this guy was trying to 'rest his case' with, cause even the authors of that study said it didn't show what he was saying it did.

Yes, that would be the Wash. study, I think and it's well debunked. The quoted NC study is the one I'm really curious about. That sounded like a fantasy.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Right, I don't recall coming across anything like that, and I do a google search on cigs about once a day, and pubmed about once a week.

The vickerman study as evidence that ecigs don't work is redonkulos. It would be like surveying people doing Jenny Craig about whether weight watchers worked for them. If it worked, would they be doing Jenny Craig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread