Heartfelt thank you to ECF and all it's members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
If you're reading this, I owe you a thank you!

They say when you are trying to quit an addiction, your chances of success dramatically improve if you join a support group. I recognize that ECF isn't necessarily designed to be an addiction support group, however the great people here always (well at least 95% of the time lol) jump in to support others who are having a rough time of it.

I was just reading a post in the new members area by a "noob" who felt they have "failed" at quitting smoking because they broke down and smoked a cigarette. EVERY post on that thread was nothing but support reminding the OP that its a journey not of one, but many steps. In my own personal experience, I have had hundreds of you answer my questions, offer suggestions, and just cheer me on in my vapesition (one I haven't heard yet and just made up, transition to vaping, seewhatididthere lmfao).

Since vaping is still a sort of fringe sub-culture, there is a measure of taboo surrounding it. The deluge of misinformation out there doesn't help non-vapers, much less non-smokers, in supporting us. I've recently read another post where a new vaper's friends and family have put him down and criticized him for engaging in such an "unknown and dangerous activity". Again, all the replies to his thread were nothing but heartfelt support and empathy.

It seems that when we as "noobs" don't know where to turn when people put us down or don't understand our struggle to quit cigarettes, we find support here. When we, as intermediate vapers, aren't sure if its wise to upgrade our devices or step own our nic levels, we find support here. And it seems that you vape veterans out there also find support here when you aren't sure the most efficient way to wrap a micro-coil. Seems it is true that when the seas get rough for whatever reason, you really do want to go where everyone knows your name (er, screen-name lol).

To close this kumbaya estro-fest, thank all of you noobs, vets, regulars, and mods for being there and making this such a great place to be!

Last edited:

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
I whole heartedly agree. Of course now I have 2 addictions. Vaping and this forum. I also shop more than a woman in a shoe store now too.
I'd say that even both of those addictions added together are much more enjoyable and safe than the old one. I think you (and all of us here) have traded up!
P.S. brock, seen you on a bunch of threads recently... Every time I see your pic, I do a double take and think "that dude looks like Tom Petty" lol...

Last edited:

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
ECF is a high quality forum, period.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.
No matter what you would say anywhere, I'd have to "like" it. Why? Because I'm a DIE HARD FAN of the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS! We would not have such a great title had there not been a pre-existing baseball franchise in the Brronx at the time who later relocated to SanFran...

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I call this place my second home, loads of great info, support and advice.

No criticism of newby questions, even if they've been asked a trilion times before. If ever I do a search on google for anything e-cig related, this forum always shows on the first page. It's a one-stop shop for vapers :D

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
For many, if not most of us, there's rarely a chance to save a life directly. BUT, it's sooooo frackin' awesome when we can assist in extending one!!!
thumbsup.gif

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I'd have gone with "vapernalia", but who the F am I? Still enjoyed it lol...

Actually these are two very different words. "Vaperphernalia" refers to misc. vaping gear. "Vapernalia" refers to a vaper's celebration when the vape mail arrives with new juice flavors and they all have to tasted immediately...

I love both these terms and have added them (w/ credit, of course) to AgentAnia's Vaping Dictionary. :)

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Actually these are two very different words. "Vaperphernalia" refers to misc. vaping gear. "Vapernalia" refers to a vaper's celebration when the vape mail arrives with new juice flavors and they all have to tasted immediately...

I love both these terms and have added them (w/ credit, of course) to AgentAnia's Vaping Dictionary. :)

:thumbs:

Thank you so much for helping out!

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
I'd say that even both of those addictions added together are much more enjoyable and safe than the old one. I think you (and all of us here) have traded up!
P.S. brock, seen you on a bunch of threads recently... Every time I see your pic, I do a double take and think "that dude looks like Tom Petty" lol...
first time I've heard Tom Petty. I get Carlos Santana a lot. Wish I played as well as he does.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Is your pic Ernest P Whorl? Lmfao!!!

lol...yup. From "Ernest, Scared Stupid." Same avatar I use on my flight sim forums. Even more fitting since he's holding a joystick. The kids and I are huge Jim Varney fans (r.i.p. buddy).

Tried to put a Provari in his hand but failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread