Status
Not open for further replies.

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Hi everyone,

Name is Brian. New to the site, new to vaping. Been smoking nearly 20 of my 31 years on the planet, and aside from living in a state which has one of the highest tobacco taxes already, I have a family.

About a week ago, after having a conversation with my 5 yo son(who practically begged me to stop smoking) I began looking into different e-cig systems. The one I see the most around here for sale is Blu, so I talked it over with my wife, and was able to find someone selling one of the original starter kits on Craigslist for only $30. Right from the getup, I had problems with it. Issues with batteries dying after 20 puffs, issues w/ carts going dead after around the same amount of puffs, etc. not knowing if this is what's to be expected, I stuck with it for a couple of days, and was miserable. I remember the guy I bought the Blu kit from said he'd recently upgraded to the Halo G6 kit, so I started doing research and reading reviews. Needless to say, after a couple of day of using Blu, I went back to regular cigs, and placed an order for a G6. After placing my order Friday morning, I'm happy to say that it got here last night, and I'm about to pull my battery off of its initial charge and try it out. I'm very happy to be here!

Last edited:

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Hi everyone,

Name is Brian. New to the site, new to vaping. Been smoking nearly 20 of my 31 years on the planet, and aside from living in a state which has one of the highest tobacco taxes already, I have a family.

About a week ago, after having a conversation with my 5 yo son(who practically begged me to stop smoking) I began looking into different e-cig systems. The one I see the most around here for sale is Blu, so I talked it over with my wife, and was able to find someone selling one of the original starter kits on Craigslist for only $30. Right from the getup, I had problems with it. Issues with batteries dying after 20 puffs, issues w/ carts going dead after around the same amount of puffs, etc. not knowing if this is what's to be expected, I stuck with it for a couple of days, and was miserable. I remember the guy I bought the Blu kit from said he'd recently upgraded to the Halo G6 kit, so I started doing research and reading reviews. Needless to say, after a couple of day of using Blu, I went back to regular cigs, and placed an order for a G6. After placing my order Friday morning, I'm happy to say that it got here last night, and I'm about to pull my battery off of its initial charge and try it out. I'm very happy to be here![/QWelUOTE]

Welcome to ECF, and congrats on a smart move to stop smoking and start vaping!

I'm not familiar with the Halo G6, but a LOT of people ditched the Blu and got a better setup before they were able to stop smoking. I hope the G6 works better for you, but if it doesn't please come here first before you go buy cigarettes. There are so many great folks ready, willing and able to help you find a great setup that will get you off the stinkies for good!

Cheers, and happy vaping :toast::vapor:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hi, and welcome to ECF.

You're making a good start in starting to vape, good luck!

I actually started with an Ego / Stardust kit, which gives quite a bit longer between charges and fills, but imo the most important thing is to find a juice and the nic concentration that's right for you, regardless of the system. If you find yourself craving a cig after vaping, it's usually an indication that you need a higher nic level. Something to keep in mind. :2c:

If there are any stores near you, it might be good to drop by. Many have "vape bars" where you can try different flavors. And you can see some other kinds of hardware are available, although most stores don't carry a "full" line, and are usually higher priced than online. (Overhead is higher, etc.) Finding the right hardware for your preferences is right after nic level and taste.

The key is to find what works for you, and don't fret if you have a cig - think about the ones you're not smoking, and think about your son!

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Hey Brian, Welcome to ECF, I started about the same as you (substitute Mistic for Blu and 36 years of smoking - didn't start quite as young as you, but both parents smoked 3 PAD each while I was growing up - road trips in the winter were fun with them - we would all have coughing contests), then G6 (really like Tribeca), then ego 650 with a top coil clearo (stardust style), then vivi nova, then 1100 pass through ego, then ego twists, then Vamo, then AGA-T2 (still working on getting it built right), then Protanks and Evods (like these), then VV pass through, then second Vamo, and now waiting on an MVP (for me) and some more cheap ego kits (from fast tech) to give to friends to get them to stop smoking (already switched 2 to vaping).

Like the clearos due to ease of filling (Halo has a "mini tank" clearo that will fit nicely on your G6 batts) and ability to see juice left

like the ego twist's for taking to work (with Evods attached)

love the Vamo's for at home and in car (too high tech for in general public - one person actually thought it was a pocket m&th lab (I think she was really out of touch with reality))

Happy to see you quitting the analogs

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Brain, welcome to ECF and congrats...give a HUGE HUG to your Son from all of us here at ECF...sounds like a pretty sharp kid :thumbs:
Haven't used the Halo G6 but I hear it gets rave reviews.
Cheers and the Very Best of Luck
P.S. give yourself a pat on the back also for not only quitting but more so for listening to your Son.

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Thank you for the welcomes everyone! I'm very happy to be here, and am working on bout 5 hrs tobacco free. The G6 is working very nicely. I got Tribeca cartos w/ it and 7ml of juice just to make sure I liked it. For anyone who's ever been to ocean city md the tribeca kinda smells like Dollie's caramel popcorn you buy on the boardwalk. I'm not sure if I'll experiment and try something else, I'm enjoying what I've got for right now.

I'm not too far north from Elicott City at all, I'm in Eastern Baltimore county for now, moving to Harford County in a few months to be closer to work. I'll have to swing by and check out your shop!

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm not too far north from Elicott City at all, I'm in Eastern Baltimore county for now, moving to Harford County in a few months to be closer to work. I'll have to swing by and check out your shop!

There are many B&Ms near you. I know there are a couple vendors in local flea markets, Vape Dojo in Ellicott City, SafeSmoke in Westminster Mall, VapeXCape in Reisterstown (great high end shop btw) and Vapers Knoll in Pasadena.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to ECF!

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF :vapor:

Sonic
zuvXjQC.png

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Thank you everyone. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found a successful nicotine replacement method that didn't make me I'll. tried gum before and when I wasn't getting sick and throwing up I found myself still chewing 6 months later. Patches burned my skin. I'm going on 13 hrs now smoke free and I'm loving it! Too bad my workplace isn't a vape friendly one....

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sheila, do you (or anyone for that matter) know if any of those shops you mentioned resell Halo E-Juice?

I know SafeSmoke in Wesminster Mall sells Halo. No idea on the flea market or Dojo.
VapeXCape sells Flavorz by Joe, Delaware Vapor and their own mixes.

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Cool! That's one thing I liked about blu( probably the only thing)..... Going into a store near me and having replacement carts. My 1st order from Halo took just a little over 24 hrs from order time to "on truck for delivery" via FedEx home, so that makes it better. Just now ordered a 30ml bottle of tribeca and a 5 pack of Halo's empty low resistance carts. Total cost including shipping $38 for one months worth of vape supplies.....beats $200 any day. Makes my son happy, my wife happy, and my wallet happy too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread