Help me set up my "at home" vap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

Oct 10, 2013
NJ
So I started with Blu, I've just ordered some Volt's for public use, now I'd like to put something together for when I am at home. I have to say, I was a little blown away by some of the bigger hardware that I came across. Reminded me old the old head shop days (of which I was not involved), and in a way kind of has that stigmatism with me. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not looking for some huge massive setup, just something that's got a great battery and good vapor. I'm getting more and more interested in trying out different ejuices so as you can see, I'm on the vaping journey...

I'd still like something relatively small so I don't look like a vaping Wildman. I don't mind getting a few batteries so I'm always covered. Suggestions?

Thanks a bunch.

Roveer

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Compact, but feature-rich, this is on my XMas list: The MVP.
You get long life battery, without needing to buy batteries and a charger that won't do anything for your other equipment.
And you get to experiment with different "tanks" or clearomizers, which WOULD work with other equipment, if you got EGO batteries, or another "mod" like a VAMO, etc...

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
What budget are you looking to stay within? Many will jump in with Provari Mini - which is the choice - if it is in your budget. If its not, next ideas maybe an Itaste V3 - mainly for the size factor, an SVD or Vamo V3 with an 18350 and the shorty tube...or if you want to steer towards a box a reo or MVP V2. Thats a wide range - but it really boils down to budget, important feature and personal appeal from here.

And welcome to ECF :toast:

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Are you thinking Variable Voltage/Wattage or are you interested in raw mechanical power?
Provari is probably at the top of the list, mostly for it's build quality (USA baby!) as far as Vari-Volt goes.
Vamo is another popular one, down on the scale of price/build quality (China) but offers VV/VW
Tube mods not your thing? Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0

Like the Box-Mod style? Thinking Mechanical? REO !
They offer a Variable too...

Sooo many choices and options at every stinkin' price range...

What were you thinking as far as features/Price/Build?

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
The next step up would be a ego type 650mah battery, but for not much more you can get a 900mah-1300mah ego twist or vision spinner that has a variable voltage (VV). A kit with two would be better.
The EVOD atomizer seems to be the most recommended low-end atomizer. I haven't used it. I'm happy with my Vivi Nova mini due to the long life of the head(burn off weekly instead on getting a new head) but a lot of people don't like the top coil type.

The Kangor Protank would be a step up from the EVOD atomizer

The MVP or iTaste VV would be the next step up in battery. I personally don't like the MVP box form but it is highly recommended.

Next would be the Vamo V3 or iTaste SVD. Both about $60 - $70 from fasttech after getting a charger & batteries.(not sure if you can get the batteries there or not. if not add about $10)
I picked the SVD, it seems to be better built. The Vamo has some complaints about threads but it does have a better display and appearance.

There's lots even more expensive but I'd try a cheaper one first

So...
I'd recommend a kit with two 900-1300 twists and an atomizer. Low end atomizers are cheap so the batteries are the important thing.
OR an SVD, batteries and a charger. The SVD would be a better long term choice if you don't mind the size due to inexpensive Quality replacement batteries ($8-$12).

Roveer

Oct 10, 2013
NJ
OK, thanks for all the replies. I've been following a lot of the links that you've been sending. It's probably better for me to tell you what I don't think I want. Since I'm the only one in my family that smokes (actually, I'm not smoking any more at this point), just vaping. I've always gone outside. Now with vaping I'm a little more comfortable being inside when I do it. That being said, I really want to keep the whole thing pretty descrete. That means small. Looking at some of the more standard setups they are all looking pretty big to me. so I'm probably looking to avoid (at this point) the following

No huge batteries, I'm only going to be using it at home a few hours in evening and maybe a few hours on weekends. I can get multiple batteries if necessary

No huge glass or plastic clearomizers with big chrome mouthpieces.

So maybe something like a spinner battery (or possible a little smaller), with a very descrete cartomizer with possibley a flattened out mouthpiece? (all black) Something like a cig a like + but with decent vapor. I'm just not ready to put together a monster fist grabbing rig.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
OK, thanks for all the replies. I've been following a lot of the links that you've been sending. It's probably better for me to tell you what I don't think I want. Since I'm the only one in my family that smokes (actually, I'm not smoking any more at this point), just vaping. I've always gone outside. Now with vaping I'm a little more comfortable being inside when I do it. That being said, I really want to keep the whole thing pretty descrete. That means small. Looking at some of the more standard setups they are all looking pretty big to me. so I'm probably looking to avoid (at this point) the following

No huge batteries, I'm only going to be using it at home a few hours in evening and maybe a few hours on weekends. I can get multiple batteries if necessary

No huge glass or plastic clearomizers with big chrome mouthpieces.

So maybe something like a spinner battery (or possible a little smaller), with a very descrete cartomizer with possibley a flattened out mouthpiece? (all black) Something like a cig a like + but with decent vapor. I'm just not ready to put together a monster fist grabbing rig.

My vote is for the MVP but if looking at the Spinner I own and really like it. Comes in diff sizes BUT realize if you're vaping at a higher voltage the batts will drain slightly quicker. Here's a link to give you an idea of size:
VISION Spinner eGo VV : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
I got an iTaste 134 for the novelty aspect of it, but I really like how it works with my Protank 2. Now I use this setup at home all day long. The 18650 battery lasts a couple of days and the size of the setup isn't a problem since it sits on my desk at home while I'm working. I take an eGo/Stardust setup when I'm going somewhere and my ProVari when I'm going somewhere and won't be back for awhile, like to the bar on a Saturday night. :toast:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I see others have already mentioned the iTaste products and I agree. I don't really like the tube style PVs, but those who do seem to like the SVD. The itaste vv/vw V3 is nice and small, easy to handle and works like a champ. The box-style MVP is a winner, I have a V1, the V2 you can get now adds a variable wattage feature and an resistance checker, the battery is not replaceable, but a charge will easily last all day, if not 2 or 3 days. The 134 and VTR may be too large for you, they would be for me.

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
Going by what you said about being discreet, which is important to me too, you may want to get a standard ego battery in black or maybe stainless steel to be a little more fancy. Personally I would get a vv though, like a Vision Spinner. A 650 is the most discreet but I'd get a 1300 for when no one is around as well. One battery is definitely not enough anyway.

The most discreet atomizer would probably be like a black Boge 510 carto IMO. In a clearo maybe a small Vision Nano which I happen to love or a Kanger E-smart which are also good.

My most used vaping device right now is a generic vv 650 ego in black and a clear Vision Nano.

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I use a simple set up Itaste V3 and a protank mini 2... Love it so much I have 2 sets just a like....

I vape about 1-1.5 ml of juice a day so I'm a lite vapor, I charge my V3 every other day....

personally I like the way the set up looks and it's taste is amazing... it never fails me :)

photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread