Help - Nasty flavor of nicotine in my diy juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making my own juices for the first time, and I bought my supplies from RTS Vapes:

• 100mg/ml PG (tested to be 103mg/ml, error tolerance of +/- 3mg/ml)
  • nic free PG
  • nic free VG

Also, tons of flavors from several vendors, mostly Capella and Mt Baker Vapor.

So, here's my problem. When I open the nic PG, if I take a careful whiff of it, there's a NASTY smell, that I assume must be the nic. The nic free PG and VG both have no odor at all.

That nasty smell--even when diluted into a vapable juice with a pungent flavor--still comes through, both in the odor and the taste.

I don't smell this in any of the pre-made juices I've bought, with one exception: I purchased several 10ml bottles of juice from fasttech, and a few of them--notably the litchi, kiwi, and guava flavors--had the same nasty taste/smell.

Any solutions out there that you've found? (har har har...)

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
I'm making my own juices for the first time, and I bought my supplies from RTS Vapes:

• 100mg/ml PG (tested to be 103mg/ml, error tolerance of +/- 3mg/ml)
  • nic free PG
  • nic free VG

Also, tons of flavors from several vendors, mostly Capella and Mt Baker Vapor.

So, here's my problem. When I open the nic PG, if I take a careful whiff of it, there's a NASTY smell, that I assume must be the nic. The nic free PG and VG both have no odor at all.

That nasty smell--even when diluted into a vapable juice with a pungent flavor--still comes through, both in the odor and the taste.

I don't smell this in any of the pre-made juices I've bought, with one exception: I purchased several 10ml bottles of juice from fasttech, and a few of them--notably the litchi, kiwi, and guava flavors--had the same nasty taste/smell.

Any solutions out there that you've found? (har har har...)

Hmmm...besides suggesting getting another bottle from another vendor, I can't help you with that one. I'm sure someone will come along who can. I have 60mg pg nic and it has a slight nicotine smell but not much. I've had it for a while and I've read that it can smell a bit stronger after some time. Maybe you're just really sensitive to the smell.
:confused:

The color is pretty yellow. And since writing, I've had a eureka moment and realized where I've smelled that nastiness before: imagine a wet ashtray. Now stuff your nose in it and inhale like an 80s coke-fiend... That's my experience when I waft the bottle of 100 under my nose.

I asked a friend what he thought, and he couldn't smell the nic in the juice... maybe it is my nose... but he did say that the nic in the bottle smelled pretty bad.

Anyone else have any experience with RTS vapes and their 100mg/ml nic pg?

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
The color is pretty yellow. And since writing, I've had a eureka moment and realized where I've smelled that nastiness before: imagine a wet ashtray. Now stuff your nose in it and inhale like an 80s coke-fiend... That's my experience when I waft the bottle of 100 under my nose.

I asked a friend what he thought, and he couldn't smell the nic in the juice... maybe it is my nose... but he did say that the nic in the bottle smelled pretty bad.

Anyone else have any experience with RTS vapes and their 100mg/ml nic pg?
I think Danny was one of the ones with bad nic. If it taste and smells bad in a vapable juice level of nic. That's a problem.

GodEsque

May 29, 2013
United States
I got some 100mg/ml from RTS just yesterday & yes there is definitely a strong nic smell, not necessarily ashtrayish but strong. Color is clear. Hubs hasn't complained about the flavor so I'm assuming it's ok. I myself am a 0 nic'er. I tried making a lil batch at 3 nic, but it had too much throat hit for me. I'm vaping a Sentinel mod with a Trident RBA so 0 nic is about all I can manage on it, lol.

I have the used proper care and respect that 100 mg/ml deserves: smell via wafting (which I believe I stated before), gloves when handling implements that have come in contact with the solution. Thorough washing of everything involved, post-mixing.

The folks that indicate it as dangerous are just being safe. As stated in this forum's rules regarding discussion of higher nic level bases: "Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned."

Thanks for caring, though! :) I know safety. I just don't know mixing flavor.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Use safety just as you would with household chemicals

I have the used proper care and respect that 100 mg/ml deserves: smell via wafting (which I believe I stated before), gloves when handling implements that have come in contact with the solution. Thorough washing of everything involved, post-mixing.

The folks that indicate it as dangerous are just being safe. As stated in this forum's rules regarding discussion of higher nic level bases: "Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned."

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas

did you try mixing a small sample batch of unflavored? as testing the pg and vg. will narrow the foul taste to the nic from that vendor for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread