Help to Upgrade from Nautilus Mini to Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheshire Girl

Sep 20, 2015
Hey all,

I've been using the aspire nautilus mini now for several months. I love it but am seeking to upgrade to something with more power. Also it dies on me during the day and wanted a second anyway but have decide to upgrade and keep it as a backup. I need some input on what you all think would be a good choice to upgrade to. I would like to switch to a box and I like that style as long a it's not huge. I also think I would prefer an internal battery as I've noticed some seem to hold a pretty long charge and I don't want to be constantly changing out batteries. I use my nautilus all day and would definitely need something to hold up to heavy vaping. I also don't know much about the tanks/coils for box mods so any input on that would also be appreciated. Here's what I've been looking at, Eleaf iSmoka iStick, Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro, Innokin Cool Fire IV. The one I really was interested in was the Kangertech SUBOX Mini but I am nervous about batteries. I appreciate any input. Thanks :)

Reactions: Wolfenstark

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I use Samsung 25R 18650 How long they last is determined by the amount of power you are drawing from them and how often you vape.

These batteries are 2500 mAh each So thats what you get with one battery if a mod uses two then its 5000mAh

The mvp pro 3.0 has an internal battery of 4500mAh the mAh is how much energy is in the battery.

I know these batteries are good for vaping down to 0.26Ω and I just buy new ones when I need to instead of buying a new mod if its internal battery goes bad.

Reactions: Cheshire Girl

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Mine last me around a day but thats in a mod with one battery and using a dual coil 0.3Ω build.
With two batteries in a mod and say 1.5Ω build could last you three or more days. Though you buy more batteries than you need that way when the batteries need a charge you put fresh ones in , instead of waiting for your internal battery to recharge.
Though nothing wrong with internal battery mods plenty of people use and enjoy them , I got an original istick and it was good.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Thats more to do with the atomiser you use.
I got a kanger subtank when they first came out , I'm not sure if the ones out now are different from those or the same.
I vape with more air due to mostly using dual coils that produce more vapour though to me the subtank mini on one air hole seemed tight.

In the general vaping - tootle puffer thread people there will know about the good current MTL atomisers.
Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel) | E-Cigarette Forum

You will need one more post then think its 25 past the hour and you will be able to post in other threads.

Cheshire Girl

Sep 20, 2015
From the information you told me I did some research. I found out that the SUBOX mini has many features including an automiser that is good for mouth to lung hits. So I have decided that this may be the best choice for me, also has RBA option if I want to try later on. Also I am getting Samsung 25R batteries that seem to be the best from what I've seen. My only question is the battery charger. I can't seem to find anything on what is best. These are the options from the site I'm ordering from.
TrustFire Dual
Efest SODA
Efest BIO
Efest LUC
Efest LUC S2

Also a USB charger but I want a separate charger.
Anyone ideas?

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
A lot of folks like the xstar chargers, I have a nitecore and they get good feedback on here too. This is the 1 I have...

Amazon.com: Nitecore D4 smart Charger 2015 version with LCD display For Li-ion, IMR, LiFePO4 26650 22650 18650 17670 18490 17500 18350 16340 RCR123 14500 10440 Ni-MH And Ni-Cd AA AAA AAAA C Rechargeable Batteries with Ac and 12V DC (Car) power cords, 2 x EdisonBright AA to D type battery spacer/converters: Electronics

Xstar:
Amazon.com: XTAR VC4 Li-ion/Ni-MH Battery Charger Premium USB LCD Display Charger Compatibale with Li-ion Battery and Ni-MH battery Apply to 10440,14500,14650,16340,17670,18350,18490,18500,18650,18700,22650,25500,26650,32650,AAAA,AAA,A,SC,C,D Battery: Electronics

General tips picked up on here...
Have spares, so you can recharge them when you are awakw and nearby
Let them rest for a couple of hours before using
When carrying, keep em in a wee plastic box or such since they can spark and hear up if jangling around with keys etc

I find it way easier with the user replaceable provided you have 2 or 3 cause then it takes such little soace to carry charged extras with you. Then if the mod dies you just change battery, much nicer than waiting on the mod itself recharging slowly over usb.

Hope it helps

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Don't buy a Trustfire anything :)

For a charger, get an Efest or Nitecore and you should be happy. I've been using a Nitecore i4 heavily for 14 months. Keep it on a nonflammable surface (mine is on a granite kitchen counter). For safety, best to only charge when you're home and awake.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
While i got some stuff from amazon (charger, cotton) i would go with illumn or one of the other recommended places on here for batteries too. They are so cheap for great ones, 4/5 bucks for samsung or sony from a trustworthy site.

You never really know what your getting from some amazon/ebay vendors. I ordered coil from amazon and got a completely different brand.

Got my next spools feom lightningvapes to avoid that hassle :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
ok ty, I only ask because I originally really wanted the Kangertech SUBOX Mini but was nervous about the batteries. Also, I like a mouth to lung hit. Any of the ones I mention not the best for that? Trying to eliminate lol

I mouth to lung with a Kanger Subtank Mini. The first thing I did was to swap out the wide bore mouthpiece (drip tip) to one more like the one found on the Nautilus. (The Nautilus one won't fit, buy a cheap 510 drip tip) Then I use the single hole air flow.

If you're wanting the Kanger Subbox don't let batteries concern you. There are a few highly recommended batteries found in these links :
18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum
All 30A-Capable Batteries Shootout -- Bench Test Results -- Which battery is best? | E-Cigarette Forum
Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Reputable places to buy them :
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!
Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor
Liion Wholesale Batteries | Li-ion battery distributor
18650 Batteries | Rechargeable Li-ion | Battery Chargers
Earth's #1 source for IMR Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com

You will also need a separate quality battery charger (I use the Nitecore Intellicharger i2). From reading the forum most battery issues occur during recharge so I don't recommend use of the usb port to charge internal replaceable batteries. Just take out the battery you have used up and put it in the charger while installing a newly charged battery in the mod. I have Samsung 25r's (2500 mah) and Sony VCT 4's (2100 mah). If you're not pushing really low sub ohms you could also consider the LG HG2's 3000 mah (mah is how long the battery will last before recharge).

Good luck.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey all,

I've been using the aspire nautilus mini now for several months. I love it but am seeking to upgrade to something with more power. Also it dies on me during the day and wanted a second anyway but have decide to upgrade and keep it as a backup. I need some input on what you all think would be a good choice to upgrade to. I would like to switch to a box and I like that style as long a it's not huge. I also think I would prefer an internal battery as I've noticed some seem to hold a pretty long charge and I don't want to be constantly changing out batteries. I use my nautilus all day and would definitely need something to hold up to heavy vaping. I also don't know much about the tanks/coils for box mods so any input on that would also be appreciated. Here's what I've been looking at, Eleaf iSmoka iStick, Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro, Innokin Cool Fire IV. The one I really was interested in was the Kangertech SUBOX Mini but I am nervous about batteries. I appreciate any input. Thanks :)

you nautilus mini will work fine on a box mod.

the nautilus mini on an istick is a popular combo.

if you vape all day you might want to look at the full size nautilus.

the upgrade from the nautilus is the atlantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread