Help with my first AGA-T2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I just put together my first AGA-T2 using SS mesh. Not sure of the wire as it came with it but I suspect it's Kanthal. I did a 5/4 wrap and have 1.6 ohms. I have it on a VAMO and am on the VW setting at 8.0 watts.

My problem is that I'm getting quite a metallic taste and the wicking seems to take a while between draws. Any advice?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I just put together my first AGA-T2 using SS mesh. Not sure of the wire as it came with it but I suspect it's Kanthal. I did a 5/4 wrap and have 1.6 ohms. I have it on a VAMO and am on the VW setting at 8.0 watts.

My problem is that I'm getting quite a metallic taste and the wicking seems to take a while between draws. Any advice?

i would imagine that the metalic taste is a short of somekind and the reason it may be taking time is because of the low wattage you are using. for the short, if you take out all the juice and dry pulse the coils i would imagine you would see a hot spot and most likely it will be on the top leg going to the positive post, this needs to be fixed. as you dry pulse it at low voltage try prodding all the wires till all glow evenly, also if it is the top leg try to adjust the tension of the top wire. sometimes as you tighten the nuts this brings over the wick which adds to much tension on the top wire. also, depending on which way you wrapped the top wire around the nuts, you can loosen the top wire by tightening the nuts. this tension either way needs to be just right. you can tighten down the top nut a little then tighten up the second nut to complete the connection. once you have all the coils glowing evenly up the voltage a little at a time to see if everything is still glowing evenly, eventually you should be glowing evenly at the voltage you will be vaping at with juice in the tank. once you have increased the voltage to you vaping voltage and all coils are glowing evenly, then add the juice. you can tighten down the top nut a little then tighten up the second nut to complete the connection. as far as the delay, try upping the wattage between 10 to 13 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread