Help with wrapping new coils, dry hits, protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I've been trying to wrap new coils for my protank and I've been experiencing dry hits from my coils. I have 34 gauge kanthal and tried wrapping a microcoil with 7 wraps(2.2ohms) and using a cotton wick. These worked okay, but then I had continuous dry hits. I've also tried wraping 6 wraps(1.9ohms) around a 16 gauge syringe needle, regular coil, with a cotton wick and have dry hits. I also tried one of my stock unopened coils(2.2ohms) and had dry hits with that! I'm using a ego twist at low voltage and regular ego to test the coils. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have a shipment of ekowool and 30 gauge kanthal coming in tomorrow too.

I am also mixing my own liquid at 11mg strength. I ordered from Wizard labs. When I first tried the liquid it was fine. Could it be my mix? I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm also torching the wire.

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
i second about flipping the grommet upside down....but also when using cotton be sure not to use too much as this can clog up the way for the juice to travel......this can be a bit of trial and error but i experienced this and used a little less cotton and viola.....but on the flip side if you use to less of cotton you could flood your atty......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread