Holy flavor batman, ekowool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
i wonder about this also. mainly if XS-116 wicks better?

I would like to know myself. I may just have to order some today from kidneypuncher. I am preferring ekowool over cotton on my reo. 5/64 bit 28awg kanthal microcoil 11 wraps and the 1.5mm solid ekowool. Kind of tricky to get it in the coil but it's not impossible. So far this is my favorite setup on my reo.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I would like to know myself. I may just have to order some today from kidneypuncher. I am preferring ekowool over cotton on my reo. 5/64 bit 28awg kanthal microcoil 11 wraps and the 1.5mm solid ekowool. Kind of tricky to get it in the coil but it's not impossible. So far this is my favorite setup on my reo.

TRY to find it somewhere else. KidneyPuncher rapes you on shipping. I ordered 1 ft of this basically string for $3.99 from them and they charged me $6.00 shipping. Meanwhile from another vendor I ordered 2 Smoketech ARO's and a replacement EVOD base (to help with building coils) and shipping for all of that was only $2.42.

mikeyoneshot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
NYC
I just ordered 2mm hollow ekowool and xs-116 from kidney puncher with a bunch of other supplies when you stock up the shipping isn't terrible. They are more expensive but ya know what, they have great quality supplies for rebuildables all in one place so willing to pay the price to support that. Once I get everything I will let you know how it goes, I'll be putting both on a 1/16 7x7 316 steel cable wrapped in 30g kanthal (maybe ribbon wire) attached to a Doc Dave Mini Micro on a Precise Simplicity 14500. Target is 1.5ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread