Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I ordered up some hot springs for my SB, and noticed a moderate difference at 6v, but since I never was too impressed at 3.7v, I didnt try it until now.

On a whim, I decided to pop a high drain AW 18650 in my SB and BAM! Now this is impressive! I apologize in advance for my shotty cam-phone video, but didnt have my regualr cam handy but wanted to show off this incredible vapor nonetheless!

If you have the older silver spring version of the SB, Its time to upgrade to the copper hot-spring and re-discover how good 3.7v can be! Im not a huge LR atty fan, so I dont have any to use but I feel the way my SB is performing w the new spring update, it would be pointless anyway bc its kicking out plumes with my regular ole 2.3ohm 510 atty as is! :D

Heres my crappy cell phone video, but again, just wanted to show the vapor in a video so you all could see it for urselves! :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2RHQj5zks8

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Nice review :p The SB Hot Springs will not work with the BB, there are BB Hot Springs available. As crash said, the easiest way to tell what you have is to look inside the unit...if it has a bronze tone to the spring it is a hot spring (all newer units have them), if you look inside and see a silver spring you have the old style :)

Nice review, working on getting some AW's ;P

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Not sure if they already have the copper spring in there or not....look inside and see if its silver or copper, and if its silver PM Chad or Rob and ask...I dont have a BB so Im not sure if it fits or not or even if they already have integrated the hotspring in that model or not.

:)

A quick visit to www.altsmoke.com reveals all ;)

Chad switched to using the hotsprings some number of months ago. It's not an "option" but an improvement/advancement that was incorporated in all the mods from that point on. You can buy the springs separately if you got your mod before they were developed.

The BB spring is a different part than the SB spring because the barrel of the battery holders is a different diameter (BB is for 14500/CR2 batteries which are roughly 14 mm in diameter and SB is for 18650/CR123a which are roughly 18 mm in diameter). The springs are perfectly sized so they can be slid in and out easily but will not fall out or move on their own. It's one of the very many design and manufacturing details that add up, yet don't seem to be covered in the reviews.

Last edited:

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
I just got the hot spring for BB and I can tell u it makes a HUGEEEE difference :toast:

doesn't feel like vaping at 3.7V at all :p

+1
The hot spring didn't seem to make any difference at 6v but with a 14500 and an LR atty the difference was huge. Felt like I had bought a new mod!

Haven't used 6v in ages :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread