How do I tell what voltage my battery is down to? And does this battery have a good charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
how do I tell what volts my battery is down to? when I get my new battery I plan on setting the volts to its maximum of 6. I didn't know the volts whent down as the battery lost charge but how do I tell when it reaches a point of 3.6 or whatever volts that you guys suggested it be recharged at to prolong the life of the battery.

also I am getting a Apollo Valiant VV & VW 1300mah Battery battery to replace the battery that just died that came with my starter kit. I heard that >0.5a rapid charger is bad but it didnt say what kind of charger this was. Do any of you know if I should expect a good charger or a charger that will damage my battery?

VapinMark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2010
Navarre FL
I've never used the Valiant but that link showed a digital battery. It will show you what level your battery charge is at. Battery charge voltage is increased in regulated devices like the one you listed so the charge level may be at 3.7 and still be putting out 5 volts for example. I would assume the charger included with that kit would be just fine charging it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Most batteries used for vaping are lithium-ion batteries. They generally claim they are only good for about 300 full recharges. Although I have found with lithium-ion batteries that you will usually get around 200 good recharges and then it goes downhill. If you recharge once a day, that means like 7 or 8 months and it is about time for a new battery.

I too haven't used or seen what you are currently using, but I check my battery with a multimeter (careful, don't short it out). The voltage is going to be different between under load and just sitting there doing nothing. Unloaded if it reads say 3.6v to 3.7v, it is probably time to recharge. Under load it is probably more like 3.0v to 3.2v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread