My vv/vw battery auto detect mode isnt working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
I don't use it much anyway but I have been using the same clearomizer which is disposable so its coil has been the same the whole time but each time I unscrew it and screw it back on the lcd screen reads different ohms volts and watts (it didn't always do this) I have the Apollo valiant battery Apollo Valiant VV & VW 1300mah Battery Have any of you heard of similar incidents before and know how to rectify the situation?

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
For the ohm's that is something that over time may change slightly. As the coil gets gunked up the resistance may drop or increase as time goes along. For the volts and watt's changing that im not sure about but every device I have will pretty much display watts and volts the same as they were the last time.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
But its not happening over a prolonged period of time its happening over a period of minutes.
For the ohm's that is something that over time may change slightly. As the coil gets gunked up the resistance may drop or increase as time goes along. For the volts and watt's changing that im not sure about but every device I have will pretty much display watts and volts the same as they were the last time.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
I have cleaned the contacts on both yes. and tried another clearomizer but It still varies a bit each time I screw the clearomizer on.
Well, the first thing you would do is try another device/clearo on the battery to see if the clearo is the source of the problem.

Other than that have you cleaned the contacts on both the battery and the cleaor?

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
a bit is key most have a variance of about .2 or so when being used due to expansion and contraction from heat applications. I know with some of my rebuildables they will jump from .8ohm to 1ohm if im in a hurry and rip out and insert new cotton hastily. This also happens when I frequently drop stuff or they get knocked over by the cats. Anything more then .2 change that rapidly should really be looked into in my book.

Have you tried checking the resistance on a mutlimeter or ohm meter. Most devices aren't completely accurate and some even will round up or down, so the precision isn't always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread