Status
Not open for further replies.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Hey fellas.

Started making juices about 3 weeks ago, but the Menthol i've ordered (hangsen) , is not powerful at all.
So I ordered some Menthol crystals from WizardLabs, and i'd like to know the best way to turn it into menthol flavoring
so i can add some drops to my tobacco juices.

I've seen someone on youtube use that green rubbing alcohol to dilute the crystals. (...) >? lol.

I know i can use : (water, vodka) etc., but I'd like to know best way to do this.

1. should i put in pg say a 10 ml bottle with some crystals and call it a day?
2. mix pg & some vodka - or just pg ?
3. I just don't know the proper ratios, or should i heat up pg to speed up the crystals dissipation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. !:vapor:

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
I use method 1. Mix the crystals with pg 1:1. So for a 10ml bottle use 5gram crystals and 5ml pg. Soak it in a hot water bath if you want to speed it up.
Then use that like you would any other flavoring. Could use it at anywhere from 1-10%. Whatever percentage you put would equal half that of pure menthol crystals. Example: if you used it at 5% then you would have used 2.5% pure menthol crystal.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Nice!
Guess i'll have to get the old (bud) scale out, and start using it for DIY'ing.....lol.
So i was kind of on the right track....helps that someone else confirmed this for me...

Thanks alot Scy!!!

I use method 1. Mix the crystals with pg 1:1. So for a 10ml bottle use 5gram crystals and 5ml pg. Soak it in a hot water bath if you want to speed it up.
Then use that like you would any other flavoring. Could use it at anywhere from 1-10%. Whatever percentage you put would equal half that of pure menthol crystals. Example: if you used it at 5% then you would have used 2.5% pure menthol crystal.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Here is what I watched a long time ago and I am still making it. I like strong menthol so this makes my taste buds dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEIhqC2cMFQ

The way I use mine is I add one drop per 6ml bottle of juice. I also use Koolada. It is an additive that adds coolness but not the minty taste. Lots of people really like it.

Last edited:

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Not strong at all if you use it at 1% or something. I like to dilute it as much as possible and at 1:1 you can very easily calculate how much actual menthol percentage. your putting in 1% solution would be 0.5% actual menthol.. see easy.

I go as high as 5% menthol sometimes when I like to get zapped.

Last edited:

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Here is what I watched a long time ago and I am still making it. I like strong menthol so this makes my taste buds dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEIhqC2cMFQ

The way I use mine is I add one drop per 6ml bottle of juice. I also use Koolada. It is an additive that adds coolness but not the minty taste. Lots of people really like it.

Thanks rat2chat....i throw koolada into everything i make...like 5% lol.
Watching nfl now, but will check out the video soon....appreciate the help!

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
5 grams per 10 ml?

That's crazy strong...

I mix mine 10 ml per gram with pg..warm under running warm water to help dissolve.

Then at that strength I use 7.5 % mixed with straight unflavored juice and it's just about right for me.

That sounds like a nice %. I will try at 6% then add more if necesary.
I just like menthol with vaping, since it gives all juices a kick for me.
Ty !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread