Howdy Y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
Hello ECF from Wilmington NC! Figured I'd get on here and introduce myself instead of lurking.

I started vaping 5 years ago with a Blu e-cig with the replaceable cartridges. That got me through trucking school, since we spent 8 hours a day in trucks we couldn't smoke in, but I'm ashamed to say I went right back to analogs when that was over. Move forward in time to last November, and I went in a local vape shop out of curiosity. Man this place was awesome. I just knew this was my ticket to a smoke free existence. So I dived in head first and bought a Segelei Legend V2, an iClear 30s, and some tobaccy flavored juice.

A week later, and I put it to the side, and only used it on rare occasions. The flavor of the cheap tobacco flavored juice, mixed with my lack of knowledge killed the experience for me. Once again, move forward in time to 2 weeks ago. I decided to try again since we ain't suppose to smoke in my current company's trucks. I went in again and tried some different tobacco flavors. The girl helping me was so nice and knowledgeable, I let her talk me into trying some other types of flavors, and I was floored at how much more enjoyable the experience was. I bought a bottle of Alicious' "Granny's Apples", and have since went from 2.25/2.5 packs a day to around 1 or less a day, with the number decreasing by the day.

While I was in there I talked myself into buying a new tank, the Kanger Aerotank V2, and a new Vanilla brand mech mod. Holy moly this is an awesome combo. Threw in the sub-ohm, erm, whatever you call the thing in the bottom of the tank, and the vapor produced is so much more satisfactory. I will definitely be replacing the iClear 30s on my Sigelei for one of these tanks as soon as I get the moolah, probably this weekend.

With all that being said, I've thrown out the cheap, nasty tasting tobacco juice, and have decided to try new flavors from here on out til I feel I have experienced enough to make a sound decision on favorites. Bought a bottle of "Poseidon" from Cyclops Vapors, ordered "Sun Drop" from myfreedomsmokes (best drink in the world), and will be buying a coffee flavor in the next few days. If anyone has any suggestions on a new juice to try (not too fond of custard flavors), please drop me a line below. Also, I'm thinking about buying a new mod or two when I get my Christmas bonus in 2 weeks, so any suggestions on that front would be great as well. I think I'll be getting a new mech mod and a new variable mod, so a suggestion for either or both is most welcome and appreciated! And if anyone has a real ZNA from House of Hybrids, I would love to hear about it, as this is definitely on my my list, as is the 100 watt box from Segelei.

Anyways, I have rambled long enough. Before I leave, just a few tips to any other new people trying to quit smoking with e cigs.
1. You don't have to do tobacco flavors. I get more satisfaction from sweeter, better tasting flavors than I did with tobacco flavors.
2. Make sure to ask questions about your new mod before you leave the store. Know how to use the equipment, and especially how to adjust the power and such (assuming you have that capability)
3. Don't feel like you have to completely quit regular cigarrettes immediately. If you can, that's awesome, but if you're like me it may take a while to be able to ween off of the analogs and use nothing but vapor.
4. Lastly, don't be ashamed to ask questions. On here, at a vape shops, or if you're the outgoing type, ask people you see vaping out in public. I have yet to meet a vaper who wasn't friendly when I was curious about their setup, or whatever. This may not always be the case, but I like to meet new people so I won't hesitate to ask someone a question about their "rig", as long as they don't look like they are in a big hurry or have a "piss off" expression on their face.

TL;DR I'm new here, I was a noob and almost missed out on a great hobby and way to quit smoking, and I have plans for my future vaping equipment.

Welcome! I'm new here too. Don't let any setbacks put you back on the cigarettes. I've been there, man, and it isn't worth it, haha.

If you're looking for some nice juices to try, then I can definitely recommend Gilligans Island by G2 Vapor. It's a really nice pineapple/coconut type flavour. It's probably a bit more expensive than the juices you might have got from your local e-cig store (I paid £15 for it, which I think is around $23).

Good luck with getting rid of the cigarettes, and enjoy!

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
Welcome aboard. Glad you decided to join the forum. Looks like you will become one of the friendly helpful folks around here.

As I learn new things, I always try to pass it on to others looking to learn. Also, thanks for the welcome!

Hello and welcome to the forum PorkChop. Glad to have you here!:)

[LINK] is my go-to vendor to juice. Peppermint Bark, Lemon Vanilla Cream, Caramel Wild Wood, Caramel Pear Black Tea, the list goes on and on!:) Fan Club here on ECF: [LINK]

I will check them out tomorrow after work. Can't wait to try out new flavors and brands! Thanks for the suggestions and welcomed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread