How's the best way to carry e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooksie

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Washington DC area
Today's my first day vaping, I think I like it! Now, I have had my morning smoke, will be going off to work. How's the best way to carry the e-cig around? Should I dismantle it when I'm not smoking it, so the pre-filled cart doesn't leak juice into the atomizer while in my purse getting jostled around? Or, just carry it tip/light end up? I'd appreciate any advice on this. BTW, you guys are the best, all of the posts have been so helpful to me as a new vaper. (ok, I figure about 4 analogs not smoked since I awoke, yippee!) Thanks:)

jimmyzshack

Apr 20, 2009
New Orleans
I'm new also about my 3rd day. Only thing i know so far i have to have a fresh new cart in the morning :) i just carry mine in my pocket but i'm looking for a small case to use that will still fit in my pocket. I haven't had any juice leak so far. Seems to me that you want to keep it put together bc when your not using it, it is still soaking up the juice for the next use.

Primulas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2009
MI, USA
I am currently using a glasses case(hard plastic one.) There was just a post about this yesterday as well. someone else does the same except uses some foam inside that they cut slots in to fit their needs. Also dart cases have been suggested and look very appropriate.

I'll be keeping my eyes open in the coming days/weeks to find something that suits my needs. Let us know if you come across anything new that works for you.

-Prim

raggedclaws

Apr 7, 2009
california
I've only been vaping for about a week so I'm new at this too. Someone here instructed me too store my ecig with the led up/mouthpiece down in order to keep fluid from draining into the atomizer and battery. I found a small zippered case that clips on to my belt. It holds a small bottle of juice, some tweezers, spare batteries and carts, and allows me to carry my pen style fully assembled with the battery end sticking out of the top.

ShiftySmooth

Apr 20, 2009
Lawrence, KS
My first PV is on the way, and looking at the size specs, I was thinking of using a cigarette case I already have. It the metal style that folds open and holds smokes on both sides, and Im thinking with a cut foam liner inside, it should hold most of what I need. Ill let you know when it gets here if that works because this seems it would be an ideal way to carry it.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
Theres been many posts on this. Some pretty interesting carrying cases have been examined.

The best idea so far was a metal pen pocket clip. The kind you can slide off of a pen and then clip back onto the battery or atomizer of your e-cig.

There was also the idea of using a dart case, which was another great idea.

I personally just keep my e-cig in my back pocket, laying flat. I've noticed that I get better hits if the atomizer is pointing down, but I know that means I could be flooding the atomizer (not good).

Basically, just find what is comfortable and easiest for you to carry your cig around.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I vape with this:
022-2.jpg

And carry my stuff in this:
004.jpg

Got juice and 3 extra 901's just in case disaste strike with the SD...

Brooksie

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Washington DC area
Thanks to all for the great ideas and info. Darts case, great idea. and I have one kicking around somewhere. Since it was day 1 vaping for me, I put it in a Ziplock kind of bag, and tried to keep it level in my purse.. I agree it made sense to carry so that the cartridge end is down, thanks. The inside of my purse is like the 'Twighlight zone' Again, thanks.

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
If you have a cheap eyeglass case, one thing that worked for me was to pull out the flocked plastic liner and cut some slits on the edges. String some elastic through it and glue it down so that you have an elastic band (or several) that holds your parts in place. Then glue the liner back into the glasses case.

My first PV is on the way, and looking at the size specs, I was thinking of using a cigarette case I already have. It the metal style that folds open and holds smokes on both sides, and Im thinking with a cut foam liner inside, it should hold most of what I need. Ill let you know when it gets here if that works because this seems it would be an ideal way to carry it.

I used the same method, with a 120mm cigarette case. Try to find both 2 and 6mm craft foam. Thee 2mm should be cut into rectangles and glued into both sides. Cut slots for your parts in the 6mm, and glue that onto the 2mm foam in one side. Mine looks like this:

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 100

ShiftySmooth

Apr 20, 2009
Lawrence, KS
If you have a cheap eyeglass case, one thing that worked for me was to pull out the flocked plastic liner and cut some slits on the edges. String some elastic through it and glue it down so that you have an elastic band (or several) that holds your parts in place. Then glue the liner back into the glasses case.

I used the same method, with a 120mm cigarette case. Try to find both 2 and 6mm craft foam. Thee 2mm should be cut into rectangles and glued into both sides. Cut slots for your parts in the 6mm, and glue that onto the 2mm foam in one side. Mine looks like this:

Thats almost exactly what I was looking at doing, Ill post mine when Im done =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread