Status
Not open for further replies.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Hello All, I have a question regarding the modification of an rda adjustable positive pin to work (better & safely) with a hybrid connection top on a new mech I purchased. The mod is not a true hybrid since it has the flush sitting 510 threaded top cap without a pin inside, allowing the atty to make direct contact with the battery.
My question is, can you take out the adjustable positive pin and put a kind of insulating "washer" between the pin and the negative threads to ensure the outer threads do not make contact with the positive terminal on the battery? I would also like to put a better, wider pin in that will make a better connection and not indent the positive terminal on the batt. Anyone have any advice for this?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello All, I have a question regarding the modification of an rda adjustable positive pin to work (better & safely) with a hybrid connection top on a new mech I purchased. The mod is not a true hybrid since it has the flush sitting 510 threaded top cap without a pin inside, allowing the atty to make direct contact with the battery.
My question is, can you take out the adjustable positive pin and put a kind of insulating "washer" between the pin and the negative threads to ensure the outer threads do not make contact with the positive terminal on the battery? I would also like to put a better, wider pin in that will make a better connection and not indent the positive terminal on the batt. Anyone have any advice for this?

of course you can; you'd want a wide head pin, and use a rubber washer to insulate the head of the pin with from the 510 thread of the topper; the only problem is finding the right size pin that would work.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
of course you can; you'd want a wide head pin, and use a rubber washer to insulate the head of the pin with from the 510 thread of the topper; the only problem is finding the right size pin that would work.
Awesome news, thanks! When I saw a true hybrid connection atty I thought of this as a quick fix for my current setup. There is a local hardware store that should be able to accommodate my need for a copper center pin to fit.
I currently have the center pin protruding well past the threads, but the batt. to atty connection feels a little weak as I don't want to push too hard and indent the positive post.
Thanks again edyle! I've been having a hard time finding a hybrid rda that I actually liked.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Awesome news, thanks! When I saw a true hybrid connection atty I thought of this as a quick fix for my current setup. There is a local hardware store that should be able to accommodate my need for a copper center pin to fit.
I currently have the center pin protruding well past the threads, but the batt. to atty connection feels a little weak as I don't want to push too hard and indent the positive post.
Thanks again edyle! I've been having a hard time finding a hybrid rda that I actually liked.

If its a good connection your looking for, the way I do it is I buy a bunch of topcaps - in my case chiyou topcaps; and I screw the topcaps permanently onto my toppers.
Then instead of wear/tear on the 510 threads plus adjusting topcap centerpin all the time, I merely unscrew at the topcap point and leave the topcap as part of the topper.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
If its a good connection your looking for, the way I do it is I buy a bunch of topcaps - in my case chiyou topcaps; and I screw the topcaps permanently onto my toppers.
Then instead of wear/tear on the 510 threads plus adjusting topcap centerpin all the time, I merely unscrew at the topcap point and leave the topcap as part of the topper.
This is a really good idea as I have a few rdas I could dedicate to this device (I think this is what you mean). I am working with the el sigilo by wu tang house of mods. I'll do some research for replacement top caps to use. Thanks for the recommendation! It's almost like creating a real hybrid! Now got to find the matching torched SS atty. maybe I'll attempt torching a SS atty by hand. This is so much fun. Love vaping!

Reactions: Thrasher

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
For some hybrids check out
310vapors
And
Vapist

I'm saving up for a petar k fusion right now myself, I love hybrids.
My elm dripper and dome/nemesis geni are my faves right now

Love my senio dripper for a "sipping" atty when I want to kick back with top flavor.
Dude, Those senios are gorgeous! How much do those things run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread