Status
Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
There are multiple big name websites out there that sell 20 x 1.0 hybrid adapters.
What's REALLY amusing to me is that you can order an entire Surfrider clone for $20 and yank the 20X1 adapter out of it and save money on all these "legit" 20x1 adapters. https://www.fasttech.com/p/1849003 Oh, the switch is also 20x1 and works with Caravela tubes. Bonus! ;) I did just that, I'm currently using that 20x1 hybrid adapter and switch with a Caravela 18650 tube.

Edit: for $22 you can get a copper 20x1 adapter with the XXIX clone - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009268/1832004 which also has a 20x1 switch.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
What's REALLY amusing to me is that you can order an entire Surfrider clone for $20 and yank the 20X1 adapter out of it and save money on all these "legit" 20x1 adapters. https://www.fasttech.com/p/1849003 Oh, the switch is also 20x1 and works with Caravela tubes. Bonus! ;)

Edit: for $22 you can get a copper 20x1 adapter with the XXIX clone - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009268/1832004

Beware that some mods require one of those adapters with a plastic insulator disc and exchangeable center pins. Else you'll have the mother of all battery rattles and no contact. At least this is the case with my Gus and Paps.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Beware that some mods require one of those adapters with a plastic insulator disc and exchangeable center pins. Else you'll have the mother of all battery rattles and no contact. At least this is the case with my Gus and Paps.
That's not a true hybrid though with those weird adapters, which completely negates the entire reason for a hybrid adapter in my eyes. To me the sole purpose of a hybrid adapter is to provide direct to battery positive post contact, if it doesn't do that then it isn't improving anything as there are still just as many contact points as a standard top cap, and in some cases more!

Edit: IMO, if the mod can't take a true disc hybrid adapter then it isn't meant to be made that way. The switch must be able to adjust some battery rattle or the hybrid adapter will cause issues, I wouldn't bother trying to convert those mods to a simulated hybrid for no benefit personally.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
That's not a true hybrid though with those weird adapters, which completely negates the entire reason for a hybrid adapter in my eyes. To me the sole purpose of a hybrid adapter is to provide direct to battery positive post contact, if it doesn't do that then it isn't improving anything as there are still just as many contact points as a standard top cap, and in some cases more!

Edit: IMO, if the mod can't take a true disc hybrid adapter then it isn't meant to be made that way. The switch must be able to adjust some battery rattle or the hybrid adapter will cause issues, I wouldn't bother trying to convert those mods to a simulated hybrid for no benefit personally.

Indeed. Not a whole lot of choice with some mods, tho. The tubes are simply too long. I don't mind tho. The reason I use adapters is for size and looks, not to optimize the conductivity.

Neither the Gus nor Paps suffers any added contact point by using these adapters, so that's no big deal.

Cause problems with no adjustable button? Can't argue that one lol. I've got brass screws cut to length for my most used atty/mod combos :D

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
I have used some of my mods in hybrid with a 20x1 disc that weren't meant for it. and while you do need a derlin disk with a contact in it or a spacer to make battery contact it still gives you the hybrid look. Also it may not have direct to battery connection but i have a solid silver plated copper spacer that hits harder than a telescopic pin anyway. Just things to think about, you don't necessarily need a hybrid mod but there are some drawbacks and benefits

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
This is my most used mod and my favorite design overall by far, come Friday I'm ordering at least the Brass one and possibly the Stainless as well to go with my Copper version.
I was using a 4nine clone until my brass SMPL came two days ago. Absolutely love this thing! I'll be snagging all three as well. Once you have one, you've got to get the rest!

sent via Droid Mini

dynoman2002

Sep 4, 2014
California
I got this one off ebay and its very nice, has insulator and fits the 4nine, stingray and a couple others. IMG_1268.jpg

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.

MHynes84

Oct 30, 2013
Ocala, FL
I love the Stingray X clone with hybrid adapter. I got one for me in SS (copper tube), and another for my wife in rainbow (not copper tube). Both look great, but my SS w copper tube hits much harder. We're returning the rainbow one back to FT and swaping it out for the new white Stingray X w copper tube. They come in a variety of styles so you both can have one. Also, the new Ameravape Buster mod has a hybrid adapter instead of cap. You can get them for around $135 online for an authentic. Gets great reviews.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
It also fits on the Origin and Origin clones. I have a 22mm Origin clone I use a Stingray X Hybrid adapter on, works fantastic!

its also fits on the 21mm origin clone. works great. i use the aqua for a hybrid tank and the adapter to hybrid drippers. perfecto!

also fits on the 21mm yiloong "caravela clone" in case anyone in the entire world has one besides me LOL- looks nothing like a caravela

and heres the nemesis adapters without the extra contact points. theyre sold singularly too.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10009956/1871706

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread