I did my first rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue5

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
LBC
Wooohooo!!! and it seems like it works...

So I was watching tons of youtube and reading everyone's grips about the nautilus Aspire .. How the atomizers seem to burn out in 3 days.. So I decided to blow caution in the wind, bought some wire and organic cotton balls... Followed RIP youtube on the rebuild...
And it looks to work..

So a question comes to mind... How long do rebuilds tend to last? if it burns out do I just burn clean the wire and insert a new cotton ball? :unsure:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
congratswave.gif
I know that wonderful feeling. My builds seem to depend on what I am using and what type of juice. I can do a couple of dry burns and stay happy with the taste. I know I kept putting it off because I wasn't sure I could do it. After those first few.........it gets easier and actually a lot of fun. On a average, I probably get 3 weeks out of mine. It is so much cheaper when you build your own, that I tend to change the really before I have too. :laugh:

blue5

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
LBC
Yeah, I have been putting off doing a rebuilt since forever.. Was to worried of something going wrong.. but I have confidence I won't burn out my Provari (yes for whatever reason I thought I might short it out)... And that silica rope worries me, it feels like fiberglass and it goes brittle...
Also it sort of remind me of fly fishing with my grandfather, sitting there making my first fly... wrap wrap..
So if my rebuilt burns out I can reuse the wire and do a cotton replacement if there is nothing wrong with the wire?

Anthal69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Albany, Oregon
My coils can last up to 4 weeks, but the cotton tends to gunk up a bit around 4 or 5 days. Just pull the cotton out carefully, dry fire the coils to burn off the gunk. Kinda pulse it. Get the coil to glow a dull orange a couple of times. If you hold it too long you can pop a lead. Let it cool re wick and vape on!
Congrats in entering the wonderful world or coil building. It's so rewarding knowing I'm now only paying 7 cents per coil instead of 2 dollars, lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anthal69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Albany, Oregon
Congrats on your build :)

I have a quick question. On recoiling, even though the atomizer head says like 1.8ohms it's ok to increase the ohms on that same head?

(forgive me if I totally worded that wrong...lol)

Yup you can build to any ohm you're comfortable with. I wouldn't go below 1.3 with a pro tank coil though. In my experience the small wick can't keep up with power and tends to burn.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

blue5

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
LBC
I just followed the PIP youtube, he said 28g..
So onto the complexities of this... I think I learned why everyone starts with a fresh head... For the life of me I tried on 2 burnt out heads, and it was freaking difficult. Both, the braided sleeve thing and what appears to be a band-aid pad keeps coming off... Is this normal when trying to rebuild a burnt head? also is there any videos or suggestions on how to rebuild a burnt Aspire Nautilus head?

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread