kanger protank 2 rebuild questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaumz

Aug 16, 2013
United States
So I am looking at my vape gear and I noticed I ran out of silica wick for rebuilding my protank and so I was wondering if I rolled up cotton balls into "wick" looking shapes will it work well or since if it is on the bottom of the tank and with cotton will it wick up to much and just flood the crap out of it also if cotton dont work I do have 2mm ekowool but I seriously hate that stuff seems to always leave me with a dry hit so I'm trying to avoid that at all cost so if anyone knows of a good way to recoil a protank with 100% organic cotton balls please let me know. Thanks a lot and remember. Keep on vapin'

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
YES! Cotton is great in the bottom coil. Make sure not to use to much as it swells. Make sure to prime it well before you fire it up the first time. I just put a drop of juice on both of the fluffy sides after I get it reassembled, a couple of prime puffs and fire it. You can't dry burn it like silica. Ease it out, dry burn the coil and put new in when it's that time.

Last edited:

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
I didn't like my protank until I went cotton. Just don't put a cotton "flavor wick" on top. Like previously stated, the cotton swells up and with the added flavor wick on top, you will get a gurgle and possibly flood. Learned that the hard way myself.

What Jayviator said - didn't rate my Protank as a serious contender (more of a "fine whilst I'm out and about") until I rewicked with cotton. I've heard so many say the same thing; just commented on a thread called "Cotton!!" (or something) just a bit ago - check it out.

There are tons of threads on wicking techniques and particular cotton materials, so check it out. I use Organic Cotton Balls - quick and easy to rewick, and flavour/vapor production is supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread