I found out what My headache was caused from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassAddict

Oct 14, 2010
USA
Ok, so this is where I begin. I will start with a brief history of my vaping, and then I will move through the various stages that I went through to diagnose this horrible headache that I was getting from vaping my e-Cgis.

History: I was introduced into the vaping world through a smoke shop. I went there to get some tobacco shisha for my hookah. I asked the clerk if there was anything new added into inventory. The clerk brought out the Red Dragon (E9 model, 808-D2 cartomizer, buyreddragon.com). My lower lip took a plunge to the ground. They offered me the kit for $60 (originally $80). I bought it. I didn't like how it came with High cartomizers only, but that was minor at the time.

Started vaping the Red Dragon. The cartomizer lasted me all day, which I was happy about. I did research right away and found this forum. Found out about various suppliers and liquids and hardware. I'm still not done with finding the right supplier for me yet. Anyhow, I didn't like the high milligram of the nicotine that I was getting, because it was giving me a "headache".

So, I grabbed some blank 808-D2 cartomizers from LeCig.com and some 50PG/50VG 12mg e-juice from freedomsmokeUSA.com. I started refilling my cartomizers with the condom method and sometimes using the syringe method. After using the 12mg I thought for sure my headaches would be gone.. They were still there. I did more research on PG and VG, and I found that I could of had some allergic reactions from the PG.

So, I ended up buying 100%VG 6mg e-juice from Cignot.com. I was hoping the 12 mg was too high, and that this would fix the problem. Filled an empty cartomizer and hoped to god that helped. Well, it only helped with taking my soar throat away caused from the PG (ended up finding out PG is a skin irritant, and I could feel that). The damn headache was still there.. I was ready to throw the whole e-cig idea out the window.

I ended up smelling this strange odor when ever I would vape with the E9. It smelt like the filler was burning. I examined the cartomizer and sure enough, the filler was being burnt from the atomizer.. So, on a hunch I did some more research on cartomizers and cartridges. and this is where I ended up.

I read all these reviews on the Joye eGo. I ended up buying a Joye eGo kit (650 mAh) from Cignot.com. I was interested in the dripping method, and I was interested in the cartridges (regardless if they leaked or not). I just received my eGo today, and emptied out the 5 cartridges that the eGo came with. I cut the filler in half, so I could put more drops in the cartridge (14 drops total), and filled it with the 100%VG 6mg e-juice from cignot.com. I took a few hits from the gorgeous piece of plastic and metal and WOW.. Off the subject a little bit but this e-Cig is awesome with TH and Vapor production. Anyhow, I vaped the whole cartridge within two hours, and this whole time I was waiting for this headache to come.

Not one sign of a headache!

Finally, I came to the conclusion that it was the filler in the cartomizer that was burning up when the liquid was running just a tad low. I have not had any problems with the filler in the eGo after I cut them in half (I found this method on this forum and it works great -- no leaking or mouths full of liquid).

I hope this helps anyone that may be experiencing the same issue that I had. Thank you for reading this :) Please comment if you have anything to add, or discuss.

BassAddict

Oct 14, 2010
USA
Something you might want to think about is doing a blue foam mod and getting away from the poly filler alltogether, from my experience the blue foam doesnt burn or even discolor no matter how hot I've gotten my 510 mega atty and mega battery. And it hold more juice too.

I have heard about a blue foam mod. I just can't find that thread anywhere! Could you point me in the right direction?

Bass,

I'm so happy you found your "perfect vape":) And I'm happy you perservered when the going got rough and you experimented instead of going back to the stinky stix. Very proud of you!

Lori

Thank you! I was so frustrated, and I am glad that I didn't give up. If it wasn't for this forum, I would of thrown the e-cig and juice away.

This got me to thinking, I haven't had a headache since I started to drip, and that is a bit surprising since I actually upped the amount of PG in some of my DIY liquid.
This of course doesn't mean it's everyone problem, but it something to think about if the headache problem arises.

The only thing that I miss about the PG is the TH that it produced. Other than that I was experiencing dry skin spots, very dry throat, and a breakout of pimples. After I went on the VG, everything went away regarding the dry skin, dry throat, and pimple problem.

Maast

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Anchorage, AK
As an example: YouTube - Joye Tecc 510 Titan Blue Foam Mod E-Cig VaporHead

Basically you get some blue fishtank pump filter foam, wash it VERY VERY WELL, and rinse it with ISOPROPYL alcohol, it has to be iso alc or its going to taste like cr@p. There seems to be a anti-fungal that needs to be washed off.

The foam is the "Rite-Size" "U" Marineland foam from Petco/Petsmart, it comes in folded over open-ended cylinders.

Cut a strip the same width and length of the cart chamber and slide it in using a toothpick or a paperclip thats pulling the foam by the bottom of the strip, then slide your tool out.

I used a papercutter to make long uniform strips of the right width, then slid the foam in using a paperclip and then trimmed it off using a pair of scissors, the foam will compress a bit when you put it on the atty but it doesnt do any harm. If you make the foam too loose in the cart it will leak - you want it snug but not packed in there.

The first time you fill it up it the juice takes a few seconds to soak in, then it goes faster as it gets fuller.

A mod to the mod is to put in a very small straw to allow air to vent out as you're filling the cart up. I havent done that yet as I just tilt my cart as I'm filling it up and it seems to work fine.

Last edited:

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
I started with an E9 as well. had a similar problem as you, not as severe. My girlfriend also mentioned the same thing. Within a week of getting my 3 different E9's I wound up with a Joye eGo... and that's where I stay.

I drip mainly... with a de-bridged and de-wicked atty. but I also use modded carts with a standard atty as well.

I'm glad you've found your perfect vape with no headaches. If you're interested in mods there's TONS around. just do some forum hopping and searching. Also try youtube, there's crazy amounts of vids out there on how to's, tips and tricks, mods, etc.. VAPE ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread