Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I also started with cigalikes. I also wanted an experience as close to smoking a cigarette as possible and was reluctant and self-conscious to be carrying a huge mod around with me, but quickly moved up. First to the Halo Triton, and then the istick with nautilus Minis and then various box mods with subohm tanks. In hindsight if I had just went into box mods I could have saved a considerable amount of money by cutting out all those incremental steps that I took, but it was all a valuable learning experience.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I also started with cigalikes. I also wanted an experience as close to smoking a cigarette as possible and was reluctant and self-conscious to be carrying a huge mod around with me, but quickly moved up. First to the Halo Triton, and then the iStick with Nautilus Minis and then various box mods with subohm tanks. In hindsight if I had just went into box mods I could have saved a considerable amount of money by cutting out all those incremental steps that I took, but it was all a valuable learning experience.

I suspect you and I both would have a significant amount of money if we had a buck for everyone who told us that cigalikes just didn't cut it. :D Guess some of us just have to learn it the hard way. ;)

Andria

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I suspect you and I both would have a significant amount of money if we had a buck for everyone who told us that cigalikes just didn't cut it. :D Guess some of us just have to learn it the hard way. ;)

Andria
It's ok. All that "extra" gear I got was passed on down to others, so it wasn't wasted and isn't sitting in a landfill somewhere. It has helped other people get off of cigarettes.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It's ok. All that "extra" gear I got was passed on down to others, so it wasn't wasted and isn't sitting in a landfill somewhere. It has helped other people get off of cigarettes.

I've still got my eRoll; it came in so handy when I had to do it the 2nd time, no way I'm getting rid of that lil jewel. :D Especially since they don't make them anymore.

Andria

Reactions: suprtrkr

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I don't really have anything against cigalikes, and I know lots of people quit smoking with them.

I wasn't one of those people. I tried using them for years, always with little success. For me, they always seemed like something to get me by for a while, not something I could actually quit smoking with.

What did it for me was an Ego C-twist and a Kanger PT2. Honestly, I could still probably be happy with that setup (I still use them now and again when I'm feeling nostalgic, lol) but I got bitten by the hobby bug, and started collecting gear.

The great thing about quitting smoking and starting vaping now is that there is a TON of really good, reasonably priced gear out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread