I'd want to thank all the people that run and contribute to ECF........:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,
Having been a smoker for more years than I care to remember, I'm truly grateful for the advice, experience, opinions, and encouragement I've found here on ECF. I only got my Vamo this morning but and haven't had the slightest desire for anything else. I knew I made the right decision last night, after I read my way through the VAMO APV discussion thread.

So thanks to everyone in advance for all the tips, tricks, ideas and recommendations that seems to cover everything a vapor at any level could want. Hopefully one day I'll be able to make a difference, and help someone quit smoking that chemically laden, poisonous garbage they've been pushing on us for years.

Anyway I need to fix a Vivi Nova that won't draw at all.....................

Peace

SorryNameTaken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Somerset, PA
I am right there with you. I am always hesitant to join new forums because some of them seem so unwelcoming to newbies. I lurked around here for a week or two, but then I still had questions I just could not find the answers to so I joined.

The people here have been more welcoming and more helpful than I could have ever imagined. I am still on analogs after failing on gas station bought e-cigs and am about to place my order on new equipment, but I have never felt more ready to/confident that I can give up analogs and I account a lot of that to the people here being so wonderful and knowing that if I get discouraged or have problems with my new equipment I have an amazing support system to back me up along the way. I hope to become knowledgeable enough on my journey to help some newbies later on down the road!

Congrats on making the switch!

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,
Now that you are a Vaper...
Pay it forward !

Keep contributing to the discussions....
And help other new Vapers with advice, successes (and failures) and encouragement !

That's why we are all here....
To help each others.

I'm gonna try DJ, I have a friend coming over Sunday and we were talking today. I told her I'm getting her one, and she didn't want it initially. But I told her we're going to find her a little pink expandable with a 18350 & 18650 and some cool tanks, so she's excited about that.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
I am right there with you. I am always hesitant to join new forums because some of them seem so unwelcoming to newbies. I lurked around here for a week or two, but then I still had questions I just could not find the answers to so I joined.

The people here have been more welcoming and more helpful than I could have ever imagined. I am still on analogs after failing on gas station bought e-cigs and am about to place my order on new equipment, but I have never felt more ready to/confident that I can give up analogs and I account a lot of that to the people here being so wonderful and knowing that if I get discouraged or have problems with my new equipment I have an amazing support system to back me up along the way. I hope to become knowledgeable enough on my journey to help some newbies later on down the road!

That's what worked for me !
A 40+yr, PAD 'burro red' guy...
Gave up smoking (after trying a thousand times) when I got my vape kit !
Amazing I tell ya !!!

I'm gonna try DJ, I have a friend coming over Sunday and we were talking today. I told her I'm getting her one, and she didn't want it initially. But I told her we're going to find her a little pink expandable with a 18350 & 18650 and some cool tanks, so she's excited about that.

Now, that is a great idea...a vape buddy !
And they do make gear in every style and color...
She'll dig it....watch and see !!!

alcarl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Niagara Falls, NY
Now that you are a Vaper...
Pay it forward !

Keep contributing to the discussions....
And help other new Vapers with advice, successes (and failures) and encouragement !

That's why we are all here....
To help each others.

AMEN! It's sad when I run circles around the staff at the local B&M's. But it's sad to know someone less informed than I is giving information to new vapors.

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,

Ready for this.........I started smoking when I was.............6, about 50 years ago. I smoked at least 2 or three packs of 100's daily, I bought a Vamo and 2 mini nova's 2.6 ohm with some 2.6 juice. 10.5 watts at 4.8 volts, and I never got a hit like that off a cigarette.

I had used a Ego last year and quit for 9 months, before the Ego died on me right before I vacation so I've been. So I wanted some power and a reliable piece. I was going to get a 3.7v mod but the SS vamo only cost 8 more dollars, it puts out tons of vapor and I didn't have to spend $45 on a kick. I'll be ordering a back up from FT in case something happens at some point n time I'll be ready.

Check out FastTech they got some great , and free shipping. get something that kinks out the vapor and hopefully you'll never think of picking up a cigarette again.......

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,
AMEN! It's sad when I run circles around the staff at the local B&M's. But it's sad to know someone less informed than I is giving information to new vapors.

Alcarl is it really that complicated? Very simply I have a major nicotine addiction that I need to to take care of. I watched PB & GG and a 100 other videos on YT. Looked at 50 sites and was initially going to buy a but with the it was only 3 dollars less than the Vamo. I got some 2/2.6 ohm Vivi Nova. I set the Vamo @ 4.8V and 9-10.5W. I never had a cigarette or a cigar produce that kinda of smoke before. I'll admit I have a lot to learn or do I. I'm looking to create satisfying vapor at varying intensities depending on my needs on the moment. Can I go into a shop and school someone, no. Do I want to, no. I'm only sharing what experience I have with some encouragement & support. Also I just put this thread up to thank ECF and the people who posted info I found useful.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,
Sobek, I also just got my vape on last night for the first time. Good to meet you and yes, this an amazingly supportive and awesome group of people!

We're doing the right thig and we're doing a good thing; We got this!

I was reading somewhere on this forum that various legislators are trying to tax the products. I had read a similar article a week or so stating the same thing regarding taxes! Our wonderful gifted lawmakers basically spend some time during their days figuring out ways to increase revenues, just like any other business. Creating about 40,000 new laws & revisions etc every year. I also read that altria and the other major players are trying to crack into the vaping industry, recently bought BLu and more than likely regulate the hell out of it as the monopolies that they are. it's unfortunate for the few US manufactures that are out there. More than likely it'll be the Chinese that will win as manufacturers. But yeah this is a great group lots of knowledge and vaping is a much better delivery system for nicotine that the junk they call tobacco. Vape On

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,
AWESOME! I am like you, I have been on forums before where it seems like a "who knows more about who" and someone who didn't know something was a "noob". Here people are amazing,all walks of life getting along because we have 2 things in common, tired of the effects of smokes and we love vaping! Hope you have a great time =)

Yeah if you want to learn something about vaping just come to ECF and it's cool meeting people from all over who enjoy smoking but know cigarettes are really bad for you. Now we can get a better hit off a vape & they ain't ruining our lungs and we can save alot of money at the same time. So we got extra cash for something else we like do

metalhead7

Jun 20, 2013
NYC
AWESOME! I am like you, I have been on forums before where it seems like a "who knows more about who" and someone who didn't know something was a "noob". Here people are amazing,all walks of life getting along because we have 2 things in common, tired of the effects of smokes and we love vaping! Hope you have a great time =)

Agreed...It's great because people here actually want to help each other and share information instead of just trying to make people feel dumb. I've really enjoyed my time on here and learned a good amount about equipment and some awesome suppliers to try out!

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA

Noobs . . . I mean, new vapers :D . . . are always welcome here! There's always something to learn in the vaping world, and everyone has something to contribute. I've learned so much from noobs, vets, and everyone in between!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread