Ideas please to convert my mother to e -cigs-help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooninmyeyes

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
minnesota
My mother is 65 and has been smoking since age 18 and is very suborn. :closedeyes: i got her a 510 kit -she has cartridges and a clearomizer-so she can see when she is running low on liquid. she only uses her e cig here and there at home. considering how long she smoked alot of this is in her head.

we have had people die in our family from cancer and emphazema -you think that would be enough incentive, but it is not.

she is a light tobacco smoker. so i got her 2 different type of liquids so far and she says she doesnt like the after taste, and there is no way she wants flavored liquid. i think maybe if any one has an idea of e liquid that tastes like real cigarettes with out being to strong and no filmy after taste-which i think is in her head :p. and she does not like heavy throat hit.

it was easier for me because i had the start of emphazema and i want to live long enough for my kid. i wanted to find a way. e cigs did that for me

my kid is very upset with her on this issue. i tell her when she comes over to only use e cigs - she of course being stubborn does not always do that -then my house stinks of tobacco. and i live in an apartment and with her being disabled -telling her to go outside is not an option.

and she gets confused on upkeep etc- she says its all to complicated. if she can crochet up a storm and do puzzles faster then anyone i know-so i know it is not complicated

so if anyone has any ideas on a good tobacco e liquid and ways to convert her with out being pushy etc please post your ideas.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
The key to helping her modify her behavior is finding something that she wants more than smoking and offering that as a reward. You already know that, but, maybe do some investigating on what would be her motivator - a vacation, crochet supplies - whatever that is for her - and try to get her to see how she may save up or offer it from you as an incentive.

Not really an answer but maybe? Also there is a site, think it's the heart association or something, that shows the incremental benefits of quitting smoking after 1 day 1 hour so on and so forth. That helped me a bit.

You can't lead a horse to water and the upkeep thing may be because she's not feeling like giving up smoking yet. In which case, she kinda needs to want to change before change will come.

Good Luck!

TomC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Columbus, Ohio USA
I made the transition to e cigs in September and except for a night in a bar in Nicaragua, where my battery died, had no spares and analogs were available at $1.20 a pack, I've been "smoke free".

I bought thr Halo G6. I also got one for my mother who is almost 80 and has been smoking over a pack a day for 60 years. The G6 with the smaller battery almost has the feel of a real cigarette and the pre-filled cartomizers make things pretty hassle free. She smoked light cigarettes and the Tribeca flavor worked for her. She's been doing great so far.

I'm still looking for a good menthol / tobacco juice to get my girlfriend to make the switch

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Camel from www.awesomevapor.com is a good tobacco juice with light throat hit. In a Boge LR carto, it is very close, IMO, to smoking a cigarette. It's 100%pg and works in cartomizers well. I'd order a box of Boge LR cartos from them, along with a bottle of Camel liquid and fill up a couple for her to try. Use the method in the video below to fill them. If she likes it, all she has to do is unscrew one carto and screw on the next. Keep her stocked up. A filled carto will last half a day for most people.

The Boge LR carto is best used with a 650mah battery or higher for charge life. eGo or Riva batteries will give you what you need. I prefer the Camel liquid on an eGo. Riva is a little more throat hit than the eGo when the Riva is at full charge.

https://awesomevapor.com/product-categories/cartomizers/low-resistance-cartomizers-by-boge-1-8-ohm/

This new Boge Leo kit is interesting. It uses 801 cartos and has two 800mah batts.
https://awesomevapor.com/product-categories/ecig-kits/the-new-leo-royal-by-boge/

Last edited:
Okay this might sound like a crazy suggestion but does your Mom look up to celebrities? There has been much in the news lately with celebs like Johnny Depp and Katherine Hiegl smoking ecigs. It's even shown occasionally in movies now. Find a story online, showing your Mom's favorite celebrity making the converison and perhaps that will inspire her?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think there is a thread in the sticky threads about Tobacco flavors - somebody trying to tell people they don't need tobacco flavor but the comments are full of tobacco flavor suggestions.

You can also do this search at Google (replace the word brand with your mother's cigarette brand or with Marlboro):

site:e-cigarette-forum.com brand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread