Im looking at mods already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m00sey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
UK
Ok im loving vaping...20 days in now since I started and no analogs.

To be honest im loving my set up....Jacvapour 400mah and 900mah VV. Nova tank and Vox tanks.

I think im enjoying it too much! More than analogs.

Im already looking at my next step...going to fast I think but looking at MODS.

Dont know anything about them but ive heard good things about Innokin so looking at purchasing either (not yet...ill try to hold off a month or so to use what ive got).

INNOKIN COOL FIRE 1

INNOKIN COOL FIRE 2

or would I be better with a starter kit?

ITASTE 134 STARTER KIT (BLACK)

or

ITASTE 134 STARTER KIT (SS)

All the above from myepack (although quite happy to be pointed other places although would prefer it from a UK supplier)

Also....if I purchased say the 1st one....do I need to buy a battery and a charger?

Also..what tanks are best with any of these.

Im new so leaning away from the box types...for now.

Advice would be appriciated!

Thanks

Jenn Perry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mods are generally unregulated power Most may say....next step would be a veriable volt/watt devise. I went from my ego to the spinner (VV) to the evic....now have the mvp and I just after almost 2 months got a mod.....my pipe. I really like ANY of the itaste devices they are nice. with unregulated devices you cannot vape until the whole battery is dead or it will GREATLy reduce the life of your battery or kill it completely.

Any device like the ones you are interested in will need batteries and a charger (that's what you need to be a MOD):glare:;)

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
I ordered a Vamo V5 2 weeks into vaping. I've had it now for about a week and a half and I love it.

I wouldn't suggest jumping into a high priced one right now, but that's just me.

If you want a step up from your ego, I'd say the Vamo v5, Sigelei Zmax v5, iTaste SVD or iTaste MVP 2. With any one of those you'll get a nice intro to the next step. They all need batteries except the MVP which has a built in one. With your batteries, make sure to get a charger.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
These are both mechanical mods. No variable voltage/wattage and no built-in protection circuitry. Both take 18350 size batteries. If you don't have those and a charger for them you'll need to purchase them in addition.
* See edit below.

Much bigger mods which use a bigger battery (18650 IMR high drain battery). Only comes with the mod and a tank. Batteries and charger will need to be purchased, too.

This model is variable wattage only (no variable voltage). It will have built-in protection circuitry (a plus).

if I purchased say the 1st one....do I need to buy a battery and a charger?
If you don't already have batteries and a charger for Lithium batteries, yes you'll need to buy them in addition to the mod.

Since you are taking this as a hobby so quickly, I'd suggest getting the 4-bay Nitecore Intellicharger i4, as you'll soon be accumulating more mods and more batteries to charge. Figure on about 6 hours use with an 18350 battery before it needs recharging, so at least 3 batteries minimum.

Also..what tanks are best with any of these.
The product listing with each mod listed have recommendations already. They are clearomizer tanks which are easy for a beginner to use.

Proper Terminology: A Guide to Juice Attachments

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

* EDIT: My appologies. I was mistaken about comments I made about the above Innokin Cool Fire 1 & 2. These are indeed regulated mods with protection circuitry. Everyone can make mistakes, and I did above. :oops: - Bad

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I kinda like the Sigelei ZMAX
but don't count out the SVD
and all I can say, if you can wrap your hand around an iTaste MVP
2600mah internal battery, portable power, VV & VW you
just MIGHT change your mind about the style...
and of course if ya a mind to spend money on some high quality
there is also - Provari Version 2.5 by ProVape - Variable Voltage/Wattage - Mods

- Variable Voltage/Wattage - Mods
- Itaste SVD Express Full Kit - Mods
- Vamo V5 Full Kit SS - Mods
- Itaste MVP V2.0 Metal Grain Black - Mods

it is all really a blend of just what suits you & money spent

from a group of popular devices, like most have said

good luck sorting it out :)

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I started with an eGo stick style and moved to a vv/vw after about 3 weeks. Right after that the local vape shop manager let me try his freshly rebuilt sub-ohm mechanical dripper. I instantly transitioned into mechs. This is where I have stayed. Love the huge flavor and vapor, but it takes some study to do it safely/well. I wish I had skipped the vv/vw step as the one I bought cost plenty and crapped out after a few months.

Edit: Had I purchased a more reliable vv/vw mod (I bought the iTaste VTR), I may have been happier to slow my progression, but still think I would have ended up in the mech/rebuildable category.

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Blind Squirrel:11999676 said:
I wish I had skipped the vv/vw step as the one I bought cost plenty and crapped out after a few months.
Do you not feel at all like you would've been over your head just jumping into mechanicals? I test substations for a living, and I'm glad I spent half a year on variable voltage equipment. Taught me more than already knowing ohms law and battery safety..and having a consistent vape is something a lot find necessary..EDIT- you edited while I was posting:)..

I honestly recommend looking into mods that don't use a rotating dial for adjustments for a first mod, that will probably see a lot of hard use.. z max, ss vamo, svd, mvp2, vv3, etc..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ok ive heard alot about these MVP2s.....are they really the ultimate for the best vape? This is the box shaped one right?
It's a very nice mod for the price. Box form factor, but small and still very pocket-friendly. Built-in rechargeable battery can last up to nearly 3 days on a charge. Can be used as a pass thru with the USB charging cord so that you don't have to drain its internal battery. Accepts both ego and 510 threaded juice attachments.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP_IBTanked.jpg MVP_in_hand.jpg

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Sigelei Zmax V3 or V5 Telescopic are worth a serious look if you want a VV/VW tube mod. VV/VW, uses 18350, 18490, 18500 or 18650 batts button or flat top. No tube extensions needed. Heavy stainless steel and built like a tank. 510/eGo connection threads are made from one piece of stainless steel. Removable top cap. One of the smallest VV/VW tube mods made measuring in at 100mm for 18350. Brushed stainless, gunmetal or metallic black finishes available.

I've been using my Sigelei every day since April 2013 and it still rocks.

Recommended V3 kit with 90-day warranty $74.95
Sigelei - Zmax / Legend

Recommended V3 body only with 30-day warranty $39.95
Sigelei V3 body only

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You got it.
The MVP has some great features for the price, and has a battery built in. It'll last like...maybe a year?
Puffzeppelin's post pointed out some of the best, most popular tube models - all worth looking at, but with the batteries and charger, they'll all cost a bit more...
Either way - nice step up, and you'll enjoy any one of them!

For juice, you may start with something like a ProTank, or an AeroTank, or an iClear, or an Aspire Nautilus. These are all great "clearomizers" that take coils you replace when they wear out. Maybe a week, maybe more - you can clean them and resuse them, and even learn to "rebuild" them (new coil and wick you put together yourself).

Or you can try a carto-tank. Better flavor and longer lasting.

There's an endless variety of gear you can play with, lol.

Ok im leaning towards the Itaste MVP2 black.....im presuming the tube types require a battery and charger where the MVP2 the battery is inside?

Are there any tube types that dont require a separate battery? If not I think the Itaste MVP2 is probs my next purchase in the vaping world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread