Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA

m00sey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
UK
If you start vaping more, are you going to drop your nicotine levels?

e-cigs and cheap nicotine liquid might not be here for that long.

or are these ideas just for fun?

Dj my plan is to vape because I like it....im hoping that the ecigs and cheap liquid are here for a while as ive just got into it and stopped "smoking"!

At the mo im on 18mg liquid and I plan to reduce that eventually...im 20 days in so not rushing obviously.

Im looking at potentially the next level of vaping although im happy with what ive got at the mo.

The MVPv2 looks like my best option as im not over keen on having separate batteries to charge up...i sort of like the battery is part of the ecig if you see what I mean?

My ideal next level would seem to be a tube shaped MVP2!!??

Basically a tube that attaches a clearomizer and thats it....similar to what ive got but the next level? Do I even need a next level....again im not even sure as im a noob.

Perhaps I should just stick to what I know....although I will for abit anyway, im just testing the water of my next potential purchase in a month or so.

I mean this thing Provari Mini V2.5 [VE435] - £160.00 : Vape Escape which seems to be the elite thing on the market...still needs to get separate battery? Whats so great about it?

Im confused...are the tube shaped device MODS all require this? Also is having separate batteries too much of a problem...thinking about it you could just swap round the batteries and use this device all the time....

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Dj my plan is to vape because I like it....im hoping that the ecigs and cheap liquid are here for a while as ive just got into it and stopped "smoking"!

At the mo im on 18mg liquid and I plan to reduce that eventually...im 20 days in so not rushing obviously.

Im looking at potentially the next level of vaping although im happy with what ive got at the mo.

The MVPv2 looks like my best option as im not over keen on having separate batteries to charge up...i sort of like the battery is part of the ecig if you see what I mean?

My ideal next level would seem to be a tube shaped MVP2!!??

Basically a tube that attaches a clearomizer and thats it....similar to what ive got but the next level? Do I even need a next level....again im not even sure as im a noob.

Perhaps I should just stick to what I know....although I will for abit anyway, im just testing the water of my next potential purchase in a month or so.

I mean this thing Provari Mini V2.5 [VE435] - £160.00 : Vape Escape which seems to be the elite thing on the market...still needs to get separate battery? Whats so great about it?

Im confused...are the tube shaped device MODS all require this? Also is having separate batteries too much of a problem...thinking about it you could just swap round the batteries and use this device all the time....

Nobody who owns an MVP will advise you not to get one. That should say something. Until you know exactly what you want I see no reason to spend that much ($200). The ProVari, while apparently is a great device, doesn't have any original features that you wont get with just about every other reasonably well made device. It is well made no doubt, but as far as 'user experience' goes, I don't believe you'll miss out.

Not trying to start one of those threads. I just came from one and they always turn out the same way. Just trying to give good advice.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Yes, pretty much.

95%+ of tube mods use independent batteries. (Vamo, SVD, SID, Zmax) and all mech mods.
MVP is a rare item in that it has non-replaceable batteries and should be seen as "use until finished".

One or two tube mods have a system for charging "in" the tube. Evic offers this, but it's a fragile piece of kit. I had one, it died.

The big brother to MVP, the VTR uses external batteries. Quite a few people are upgrading because of this.

The Provari uses a mid sized battery unless you buy the extender for 18650s. It is superbly made and is repairable to the enth degree (although it costs, obviously). Most user report superb build and long life. There are one or two other small details that make it "better"... but that's another thread.

I might get one at some point, depending on other expenditure. I suspect I'll need to have 3-4(?) months of only buying liquid to justify £160.

I am looking at a long term plan to take into account 2016. That might include a Provari, but I have mechanicals as well, so no desperate worry.

m00sey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
UK
Im thinking at the moment either -

iTaste SVD Kit - Mods with the charger and a couple of batteries approx £70

v

iTaste MVP V2.0 Carbon Black - Mods if I can cope with box shape...£35 + a couple of iclear30s which are included in the above brings it to £47....or a protank2 which is approx the same price

So the MVP2 WOULD save me about £20...but I prefer tube shaped...hmm decisions....ill sleep on it for a month I think! thanks all

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Jumping on the MVP 2 wagon here. Unarguably the most bang for your buck. The VV/VW will allow you to have a very decent vape no matter what you put on it, and as said it includes everything you need except juice.

Not only that, it will work with just about anything with a 510 thread or 510 tread adapter you put on it, unless it's sub ohm coils - and you can get into rebuilding with it for normal res coils with the built in ohm meter. It's a true utility mod, that is just handy to have around.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
These are both mechanical mods. No variable voltage/wattage and no built-in protection circuitry. Both take 18350 size batteries. If you don't have those and a charger for them you'll need to purchase them in addition.
Concerning the Cool Fire 1 & 2, The CF 1 is a fixed wattage device where the wattage is set at 8.5W and is not adjustable. The CF 2 is a variable wattage model similar to the iTaste 134, where you rotate a ring to adjust the wattage. There is no display to show any data on either of these. It should be noted that the CF 2 is designed to look like a grenade, so vaping in airports and other public areas is not advisable. These do actually have built-in protection.

Last edited:
I just made this decision about a month and a half ago, so here's my experience.

I decided on an MVP V2. I am kind of regretting it... kind of.

Not because the MVP isn't great, it is. Huge battery life, VV/VW, compact, well built, and at about $50-70 total a pretty good deal for a mod. I am very happy with my MVP's performance.

What I am kind of regretting at this point is the built in battery. If I was going to buy the MVP and stay with it, then everything would be fine. But, I'm looking for another mod now, one without a built in battery. This means that all the convenience I thought I was getting with the MVP is going up in smoke, because I've put myself in the position where I have to buy all that stuff that I thought I could ignore (charger, multiple batteries) anyway.

My advice, if you are looking for a mod that will hold you over for a long time, something that you will not upgrade from for a good long while, go with the MVP V2. It's awesome.

BUT, if you are going to be a hobby vapor and start to buy mods and such, make your first mod a more traditional separate battery mod. You're going to have to buy and learn how to use all of the stuff that comes attached to it anyway.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
just for the record...

any of the PV batteries (Personal Vaporizers)

are going to have the 510 / Ego threading (most)

-then some have the battery included internally

-then others are like a flashlight (removeable batteries)

so those need separate batteries and a charger

then the topper tanks are

-clearomizers - Kanger T0 T2 T3 T4 T5 EVOD ProTank Clearomizers
&
-cartomizer - Cartomizers - DiscountVapers.com

:) hth ;)

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
If the box shape is the only thing holding you back from the MVP 2, then go for the iTaste VV v3. They are only 800 mAh, but they are passthrough batteries and you can vape while they charge. They do all the things the MVP 2 does except charge your phone. Te box shape held me back from buying te MVP 2 as well, and I went with the VVv3 first. Loved it. Still love it but hubby stole it, AND the second one I bought to replace the first. It's okay though, because I got over the box shape of the MVP 2 real fast (it's smaller then it appear online), and now I'm loving that while hubby is charging his devices every day, between my two MVP's I need to put one on a charger around every 4 days.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
I just made this decision about a month and a half ago, so here's my experience.

Not because the MVP isn't great, it is. Huge battery life, VV/VW, compact, well built, and at about $50-70 total a pretty good deal for a mod. I am very happy with my MVP's performance.

What I am kind of regretting at this point is the built in battery. If I was going to buy the MVP and stay with it, then everything would be fine. But, I'm looking for another mod now, one without a built in battery. This means that all the convenience I thought I was getting with the MVP is going up in smoke, because I've put myself in the position where I have to buy all that stuff that I thought I could ignore (charger, multiple batteries) anyway.

My advice, if you are looking for a mod that will hold you over for a long time, something that you will not upgrade from for a good long while, go with the MVP V2. It's awesome.

BUT, if you are going to be a hobby vapor and start to buy mods and such, make your first mod a more traditional separate battery mod. You're going to have to buy and learn how to use all of the stuff that comes attached to it anyway.

So getting a new device that requires you to buy a battery makes you regret owning one that doesnt? Im sorry....huh?

If that is the downside of owning an MVP id say it is a pretty wise purchase.:p

Last edited:

m00sey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
UK
Thanks for all the advise....im leaning towads the MVP2.

Im really looking for the best kit possible for home use so the box shape shouldnt really put me off...heck it seems the best thing for me.

Massive internal battery, no messing about, easy to use...it seems the perfect at home device.

Ive got all my other bits and bobs too for out and about.

Ill do more reading/research about the MVP2...birthday in March...be a weird present to ask the missus for..but hey ho she will probably use it too!

Thanks guys

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

I understand where you are coming from apple. :)

However, I can see the advantages of both, and own both + a few more. If you use the MVP until "the end", you'll have had months of excellent service (hopefully). I already had multiple mods and batteries/chargers. I then bought an MVP. It makes very little difference but I take your point. IF you feel you'll inevitably move up to tube mods, then it does seem somewhat unnecessary.
The other thing to point out about with something like MVP as the only device, although you can passthrough vape+charge eventually you'll wish you could run in the house, swap over batteries and carry on "away" from a charging-not-available situation.

With regard to SVD, I don't like Telescopic unless the top part is the same diameter as the bottom part. Symmetrical OCD. :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I suck at being patient.....

Itaste MVP V2.0 Metal Grain Black
£35.99 1 £35.99
Protank 2
£11.99 1 £11.99
Protank Coil Head 2.5 ohm
£1.75 1 £1.75