I'm SOOOOOO Sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
I know from my own experience, when i started soully vaping i was hacking up lung butter and tar every morning for a few weeks. But thats pretty normal from what i gather. It also happens when i have to go back to stinkies(either waiting on juice, attys or batts are dead and i cant get home for a fresh set) on a much shorter timeframe, but its still pretty nasty. It goes away eventually. I imagine its just your lungs repairing themselfs.

Lung butter is the best term I have heard for phlegm and I agree nasty crap sure wants to get out of your body when you quit the stinkies:D

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
jayleekay, i am not a doctor or medical professional and in a sense i am making a guess from limited knowledge i made across the way, so please keep this in mind on my idea. You said that you are drinking one can of pepsi a day? Curious have you found that the pepsi when drank has the after taste of the juice you vaped? (I cannot recall if you are purely vaping or in traditional cigarette's as well, but i am thinking you are not). Here is my idea for you: Maybe cut back on the amount of times you vape for now or change the manner in which you do? Also for the pepsi,(which hurts as i am a huge fan of caffeine! honest!) maybe take a day or two to cut that out and drink ginger ale and power aid (well sip it, one i found was ok was the ion squared and cherry and orange are really yummers.....if you like the taste) another idea is while you vape keep drinking the ginger ale, power aid, water? Just my :2c:to try and help and hope you are soon (if not now) on the road to feeling better

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Sorry - I did not read the whole thread but whatever is causing your problems I recommend you remember to stay hydrated with non-alcohol liquids (vaping is drying), and it doesn't hurt to take a multivitamin the first couple of weeks, remember to eat well, and don't overdo vaping. If you are over-doing vaping consider doing what I do - I leave the ecigs in a nearby room so I don't suck on them constantly and instead have to get up to get a vape.

Also some people sleep poorly when they switch - some need lower nic in the evening to sleep well. And nicotine is a skin irritant - in 100% PG the nicotine can cause irritation, especially if you are dehydrated. I recommend PG w/ 20-30% VG if you want good hit and flavor but want to reduce irritation.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
The only way I could describe what I went through for about 3 days was "dope sick". (No, I never have, I just watch a lot of Intervention) I was nauseated, coughing, sweating on and off, sleepy, jittery, etc... It was so aweful. It couldn't have been the vape because I had just purchased a gas station disposable, didn't know how to inhale it really. (My first disposable lasted me for 3 days) If you don't get better, definitely see a doctor. Oh, and in case noone else mentioned it, drink lots of water. It'll keep you hydrated and expel the analog toxins more quickly. Good luck and get well soon!

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I am sure that everything described here is either related to quitting smoking directly, or to some irrelevant cold ("flu" is by no means irrelevant, it is a potentially severe disease and should be taken seriously). There's also a (small) chance that there is allergy to PG.

Now, then, I hate to rain on the parade, and I'm sure it's not directly related to the OP, but I want you guys to remember at all times that we're still (ex)-smokers and especially if we have smoked 20-30 pack-years or more, risks stay with us even after successfully switching over to vaping. Please, please, please treat any new and unexplained cough, shortness of breath, wheezing, weight loss or terrible fatigue very very seriously. Go see a doctor soon and declare your smoking history without minimizing it. I'm sorry if I'm redundant and useless like that, but I just want to stress this issue.

genxblacksmith

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Gods Country
I had severe sinus swelling and body aches after a few days of not smoking. A week or so later I started having coughing fits. Afterwards I could feel the space that opened up in my lungs. Even a month later I cough from time to time and still feel better day by day. I've stopped stopped smoking for up to a year at a time in the past and have gone through it before. Still, it doesn't hurt to go get a checkup.

I can already double time up 4 or 5 flights of stairs without getting winded. My kids are surprised that I can jog a bit. Speaking of the kids, I still don't feed my nic addiction in front of them.

solardrgn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
socal
I_went_through_(still_am)_quitter's_flu.

Most_of_the_aches/fevers/sore-throat/etc._are_now_diminished_or_gone.

HOWEVER!!!!!The_"quit-zits"_have_me_looking_like_a_16_year-old.:(

nice wu-tangs :2cool:
i was wondering why the underscores until i saw the sig haha.

back to topic:
i was sick with a cold when i quit smoking, so im not really sure... i started vaping the beginning of this month and i feel like its been lingering. very minor cold symptoms but it has been almost 4 weeks. nothing flu-like but a wet cough with phlegm

Dmoore8484

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Northern Michigan
I am currently going through the same thing. I am on my 11th day analog free. I started out with the sore throat, chest congestion, chest pain(from coughing so much), lack of energy, and dont even get me started on the lung butter (enough to grease a fifth wheel). That all being said, I have gone through it before the first time i quit a few years back when using a nic patch. I was sick for over 3 weeks. This time i just put the man hat on and made a doctor appt. I am 3 days into a antibiotic now and feel almost back to normal. If a newb can offer any advice worth :2c: it would be to make the appt. Feeling better is worth every penny.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Drink way more water. The vapor YOU are producing comes from your body. That's how the PG/VG works. Notice when you push your PV's button and do not suck on it, there is virtually no vapor. It becomes vapor once you intake it to your lungs. For a couple of days, try drinking 1/2 your body weight in fluid ounces. This is a good rule when one finds themselves at an unusually high altitude (e.g. in the mountains) as well.

So, if you weigh 100 pounds, drink 50 ounces of water each day for a few days. If you are dehydrated then this will get you back on track. From there you probably need to double that 6 cups a day to 12. One more thing, if your urine is yellow, you're dehydrated.

Lastly, read the symptoms for being dehydrated: As the level of water loss increases, more symptoms can become apparent. The following are further signs and symptoms of dehydration.

Dry mouth

The eyes stop making tears

Sweating may stop

Muscle cramps

Nausea and vomiting

Heart palpitations

Lightheadedness (especially when standing)

Weakness

http://www.medicinenet.com/dehydration/page2.htm#tocd

Last edited:

Warm_Leatherette

Feb 27, 2012
Venus
The side affects of quitting tobacco, please google it.

You can get headache, nausea, constipation, and other tobacco withdrawal symptoms. You may also be getting a sore throat from using PG. You may have an allergy to PG.
Best to try some VG to see if you have any changes. It is common for ppl to get a dry sore throat from PG.

Your body also needs to adapt to the changes. And you may be using e-liquid that is too strong for you if you are getting the runs. Google side affects of nicotine poisoning. You may need to lower your nic level.

These are a few possibilities.

:vapor:

I want to start this off by saying: I don't get sick. I haven't been sick with anything in 5 years and I don't even have allergy issues every year like I used to. However, Friday I started feeling a little achy (day 12 of no cigs and 100% vaping Desert Ship). Saturday I barely got out of bed, had the chills to the bone, achy, the runs, and was coughing so hard my whole body hurt. I never really hacked up anything unless it was first thing in the morning, but consistent dry coughing all day long. Here it is Wednesday and I went from flu symptoms to reeeaaallly bad allergies. Eyes have been watering since Monday, sneezing, nose goes from stopped up, to running, to dry over and over all day. Plus I'm still coughing my dry cough but not as often or hard.

Is this some sort of side effect to quitting smoking or starting vaping? Or did I just coincedentally get sick as a dog with a flu/cold and allergies all at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread