in search for e-cigarette. just start vaping. Any good suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
what is your budget for equipment?

what kind of cigarettes do you smoke (full flavor, lights, ultra lights)?

how much do you smoke in a day, a pack, half a pack etc..

some info will be useful so folks can suggest stuff....

do you want something super simple or do you want to dig in a little deeper and have equipment that might need some occasional maintenance to keep going?

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Here is the kit I recommend now or as close as you can get to it for new vapers - I would have saved a lot of money if I had started with something like this

Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

you will want 2 batteries (nothing more frustrating than to have the battery go dead and then having to buy a pack of cigarettes)
VV (variable voltage) this will allow you to custom tailor the flavor of the e-liquid you choose - a some flavors need more volts and some need less - if you have a good brick and mortar store they should let you try a VV battery and how to adjust it (very, very easy to do)
mini protank 2 - glass tanks work with all flavors with no issues (some flavors will damage plastic tanks)
USB wall plug for charging - plugging into a computer is not the best for your computer or your e-cig battery
extra atomizer heads (these need to be replaced fairly regularly but how often depends on several different factors)

E-liquid (I try not to call it "juice" as it is not juice and should not be drank) strength will be based on what you smoked before
ie: 2 packs of Marlboro reds - start with an 18 or 24 mg nic
Try to realize that you will not be able to get an e-liquid that will taste "exactly" like a cigarette (mainly because you are not "burning" anything) but you will get used to it (kind of like switching from regular Coke to Diet Coke - after awhile you don't notice the aftertaste of diet coke)

hope this helps

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
ok Jim actually listed the kit I got, I am using that now. it works ok, but it does need some helping to really get good tasty vapor all the time.

there are different types of tank, some need less worry than others..the Kanger Mini Protank II is nice, but can give somewhat crappy flavor after a few days of heavy vaping. I had to learn how to rebuild the coils in them - tiny bits of wire that heat the liquid and produce vapor.

maybe someone who knows about cartomizers can talk about their experience with them..

one thing to note is that when vaping, you will get really dry mouthed, so drink a fair amount of water...matter of fact I need a glass myself right now.

there are a few things to learn about vaping; but once you are familiar with that then its easy to get the results you want: to quit using tobacco. I pretty much had a few cigs (the end of a pack) and that was it. no more smokes.

this is a good place to get all the info you need, just have to put the time into it till it makes sense.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
well. i have no idea about the e-cigarette. i smoke half a pack in a day. One of my friend has recommend me this forum ask for help. That is true. Here i just wanna bought something super simple that simple to operate.

the simplest would be what we call a cig-a-like or stick battery with a cartomizer as these look just like a cigarette and most have automatic batteries - the batteries are quite small and normally do not last a full day but may work ok for a 1/2 pack a day smoker

I would recommend the Halo G6 (this was my starter kit but I upgraded fairly quickly. I was a pack and half + per day smoker though)

E-Cigarette Starter Kit G6 | Halo Cigs

and I personally really liked the Tribeca e-liquid

hellokitty221989

Dec 13, 2013
USA
Here is the kit I recommend now or as close as you can get to it for new vapers - I would have saved a lot of money if I had started with something like this

Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

you will want 2 batteries (nothing more frustrating than to have the battery go dead and then having to buy a pack of cigarettes)
VV (variable voltage) this will allow you to custom tailor the flavor of the e-liquid you choose - a some flavors need more volts and some need less - if you have a good brick and mortar store they should let you try a VV battery and how to adjust it (very, very easy to do)
mini protank 2 - glass tanks work with all flavors with no issues (some flavors will damage plastic tanks)
USB wall plug for charging - plugging into a computer is not the best for your computer or your e-cig battery
extra atomizer heads (these need to be replaced fairly regularly but how often depends on several different factors)

E-liquid (I try not to call it "juice" as it is not juice and should not be drank) strength will be based on what you smoked before
ie: 2 packs of Marlboro reds - start with an 18 or 24 mg nic
Try to realize that you will not be able to get an e-liquid that will taste "exactly" like a cigarette (mainly because you are not "burning" anything) but you will get used to it (kind of like switching from regular Coke to Diet Coke - after awhile you don't notice the aftertaste of diet coke)

hope this helps

Hi. Dakota Jim. Thanks for your advice. it seems i should learn more about the e-cigarette before i got it. By the way, The mod you refer to looks very polished and fine.

hellokitty221989

Dec 13, 2013
USA
ok Jim actually listed the kit I got, I am using that now. it works ok, but it does need some helping to really get good tasty vapor all the time.

there are different types of tank, some need less worry than others..the Kanger Mini Protank II is nice, but can give somewhat crappy flavor after a few days of heavy vaping. I had to learn how to rebuild the coils in them - tiny bits of wire that heat the liquid and produce vapor.

maybe someone who knows about cartomizers can talk about their experience with them..

one thing to note is that when vaping, you will get really dry mouthed, so drink a fair amount of water...matter of fact I need a glass myself right now.

there are a few things to learn about vaping; but once you are familiar with that then its easy to get the results you want: to quit using tobacco. I pretty much had a few cigs (the end of a pack) and that was it. no more smokes.

this is a good place to get all the info you need, just have to put the time into it till it makes sense.

will e-liquid harmful to my mouth and throat when i vaping? As you mention "when vaping, you will get really dry mouthed."

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
vaping isnt smoking at all...thats about it.

get a basic kit (tank, battery, charger) and some GOOD juice...lots of threads here about who are good vendors..everyone has different favorites. crappy juice = vaping isnt as fun.

but it isnt a big deal to get started and it will let you cut back on cigs or just stop em cold.

yocan1

Moved On
Dec 10, 2013
United States
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
If u are looking for a cigalike. Check out white cloud ecig. Its great for a beginner.
They have flings which are disposable and a decent rechargeable battery pack.
If you are looking for a vaping experience i reccomend itaste vv3 from www.deservapes.com and the smok tumbler that can be purchased from there as well. About $35

Eliquid i reccomend mtbakervapor for starters.

hellokitty221989

Dec 13, 2013
USA
vaping isnt smoking at all...thats about it.

get a basic kit (tank, battery, charger) and some GOOD juice...lots of threads here about who are good vendors..everyone has different favorites. crappy juice = vaping isnt as fun.

but it isnt a big deal to get started and it will let you cut back on cigs or just stop em cold.

Wow, That is cool. i can't wait to get a basic kit to experience on that.

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
I would recommend the Kanger Mini Protank VV kit that has already been mentioned. Also, for me, I wanted to get away from smoking, so the cig-a-likes are going to not only remind you of smoking, but usually have tobacco flavored juice in them.

For me, which might not be for everyone, so lump it in with all other advice... flavors are fun and really, really tasty. Something about tasting hot cinnamon rolls, or sour berries vaped out of something that was not shaped like a cigarette disassociated it from smoking enough that I didn't feel like I was trying to mimic, but replace with something totally different. The act of vaping is close enough that it's familiar, but different enough that if I am out of juice, or have a dead battery, I wand to vape, not smoke.

I was a heavy smoker for 30+ years, and hand rolled very dark shag tobaccos.... no juice could replace that heavy of a tobacco flavor, and I am glad... this MBV Venom and Hawk Sauce it freakin' TASTY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread