Innokin iTaste SVD button fix alternate method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ro Botski

Sep 10, 2015
This is an alternate method to the thread below

iTaste SVD button fix!

I have a problem in which the threads to my ipv V2 510 are totally stripped out and the floating pin just manages to launch my atomizers into the air. So that left me with only one mod; an old broken SVD.

A friend gave it to me some time ago because it had a dodgy fire button and they know I like to take things apart and fix them. So, I fixed the button with one tool: a pair of pliers with built in wire cutter.

Materials & tools
(Optional)
1x Metal File

* These usually come in assorted packs for hanging pictures at your local dollar store or hardware store. Really, any of them will work as long as the top of the head is flat. If rounded, flatten with file
** You can obviously use two separate tools here if you don't have a combination tool.

Step 01) Using pliers, gently remove the silver ring around the fire button by pulling. You can use a small bit of cloth or the edge of your shirt between the pliers and ring if you don't want to scratch it up.

Step 02) Remove black button and rubber contact.

Step 03) Center the nail on the bottom of the white rubber contact where it depresses the actual switch inside the mod.

Step 04) Push the nail into the white rubber, holding the black plastic button firmly so they don't separate, until it stops. Mark that off with your pencil so you know how far into the white rubber contact the nail can go.

Step 05) remove the marked nail, measure the distance between the very tip of the point and the pencil mark.

Step 06) Taking the measurement from step 05, cut the nail so the distance from the head of the nail to the cut is the same as the measurement, leaving you with a dull nail that will fit in the hole in the rubber underside of the button so that the head of the nail makes contract with the internal switch.

Step 07) Push the trimmed nail into the rubber contact and put the button back into the SVD. Push it a bit and make sure that when the ring is placed over the button that it won't keep it stuck in the firing position. If it stays firing with the ring on, pull the nail out and trim it a tiny bit shorter or file it down.

Step 08} Reassemble your SVD and enjoy.

If these instructions are unclear or confusing, I'll post a picture or something of the underside of my button, but basically you're just trimming a tiny wire nail down so that the head of the nail pushes the switch, and stabbing it into the soft rubber underside of the fire button. This method worked for me and I'm now enjoying my Kanger subtank with a 1 ohm coil on the rba deck at 15W and it's a reasonable replacement for my IPV with high resistance builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread