hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. Today I’m here with you to talk about the latest release from Innokin which is the Kroma Nova pod mod kit. It is the latest in Kroma line of products which include the Kroma A, Kroma Z, and Kroma 217. The Kroma Nova has an internal 3000mah battery with a maximum output of 60 watts. The listed charging rate is 1.7A / 5V so it should charge completely from dead in less than two hours with a wall wart rated for 2A or larger. It is a variable wattage device but also has a smart function as well as a color display. It does have adjustable airflow which is very important. The pod cartridge for the Nova is a top fill which I’m very glad to see. I was surprised to see that the Nova uses a new line of coils from Innokin called PZP coils of which there are four different resistances available currently but only two of them are included in the kit.

ytlcfEz.jpeg

v2t5oA7.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• 1x Kroma-Nova Mod (3000mAh)
    • 1x Kroma-Nova 3ml Pod (PZP Coil 1.0ohm Pre-installed)
    • 1x Spare PZP Coil 0.4ohm
    • 1x Spare RDL Mouthpiece
    • 1x Type-C Charging Cable
    • 1x Quick Start Guide
    • 1x Warning Booklet
    1708997455597.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Size: 116.3x39x30.7mm
    • Battery: 3000mAh (internal)
    • Display: OLED screen (Size not specified)
    • Output: 6-60W
    • Modes: Variable wattage, smart auto output
    • Type C USB charging – 1.7A charge rate
    • Resistance range: Not specified
    • Capacity: 3ml (Standard) / 2ml (TPD)
    • Coils: PZP coil range
    • Slide top fill
    • Adjustable airflow
    UNI8StF.jpeg

FEATURES:

• 6 - 60W Adjustable Power
    • All-day Vaping With 3000mAh Battery
    • Auto Power Setting With Smart Coil ID
    • Stylish Leather and Metal Design
    • Tailor Your Inhale With Adjustable Airflow
    • Easy Coil Changes With Push-fit Installation
    • Clean, Convenient Filling With Sliding Top-fill Pods
    YN8cl28.jpeg

4pnH6xt.jpeg

NKeCPze.jpeg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I was surprised to see a new series of coils for the Kroma Nova. The infamous Z Coils have been used across many different Innokin devices and are tried and true. I honestly would have been ok with them being used on this device but the new coils do not disappoint.

The packaging for the Kroma Nova is what I have become accustomed to seeing from Innokin. They are sticking with materials that can be recycled. The front and back of the box has a large warning on both sides which I believe is required for marketing in the United States. I’m sure everyone knows that there isn’t really any nicotine contained in the Nova package and only contains hardware but unfortunately the FDA is requiring this kind of labeling and is classifying hardware as nicotine products. Besides the large warning, the front does have a partial color picture of the Kroma Nova and is color accurate to what is actually inside the box. There are also a list of features on the front. The back side has the usual contents list, company information, and authenticity code.

1708997674475.png

Like some other devices I’ve tested from Innokin, the boxes flip open from the bottom end to expose the Kroma Nova sitting in a cardboard insert. I greatly appreciate that Innokin sent two samples as well as two spare boxes of coils. Unfortunately I was not sent the other two resistances of coils that are not included in the kits but did receive one box of each of the included resistances for additional testing of flavors. The user manual, spare coil, spare RDL tip, and charging cable are located underneath the tray holding the device.

1708997726750.png

1708997746932.png

The pod for the Nova has an arrow on the front to indicate the direction of movement in order to fill the pod. I do like that they chose to use a top fill design as I grow tired of side and bottom fill pods. The problem that I have with the design is the rubber gasket over the fill port. I find that it’s hard to fill the pod without liquid pooling on top of the rubber gasket. It kind of seals around the tip of the bottle and allows liquid to pool there which has to be wiped off before sliding the top closed. I do like the included drip tips and find them very comfortable to use. Since there is a raised ledge, some drip tips might not look right if they are wider on the bottom.

The Nova pod uses the new PZP series of coils which are currently available in four resistances. I was only sent spare coils for the 1.0 and .4 ohm coils so cannot give my thoughts on the other two that are available. As for the two included, I was very pleased with the flavor and vapor production. The .4 ohm coil is rated for 30-40 watts while the 1.0 ohm coil is rated for 9-13 watts. The PZP coils are a push to seat style of coil.

1708997781696.png

1708997805338.png

The pod is clear and can be seen from the side to check liquid level which is a good feature. The Nova feels like a quality built device and very comfortable to hold. The Kroma Nova name is stamped into the body on one side and the Innokin name is stamped on the opposite side. There are two airflow inlet holes on each side with a sliding lever on the back to adjust airflow. It does a nice job of going from a very tight MTL to a really decent RDL which I happen to prefer. The back side of the Nova has a leather like wrap with nice stitching and the Nova name stamped in it. The front side of the Nova comes with a clear sticker over the screen that lets you know to press the fire bar three times to turn the device on. Take notice that the charging port for the 3000mah internal battery is located at the very bottom of the front side.

1708997847100.png

1708997869985.png

The pod opening on the Nova has two magnets as well as two gold plated electrical contact that make connection with the coil once the pod is inserted. The coils stick out of the bottom of the pod quite a bit which is why the opening with the contacts is recessed so much. The magnets are not what holds the pod in place alone. There is a rectangular protrusion on the back side of the pod that can be seen in the second picture below. That protruding plastic snaps into a cut out on the inside of the pod opening on the back side which can be seen in the third picture. This holds the pod in place very securely with no worry at all of the pod coming out accidentally. To remove the pod, lift the pod from back side while tilting it forward. Also when inserting the pod it is easiest to put the front in first then push down on the back side and you will feel it click into place.

1708997907512.png

1708997949007.png

FPGVyeQ.jpeg

The front of the Nova has a fire bar rather than a standard fire button. The Nova has a color screen but honestly the color combination makes it a little hard for me to see the smaller font on the screen. From top to bottom the display shows the following information.

• Lock/unlock
    • Battery percentage and level indicator
    • Set wattage
    • Coil resistance
    I was a little surprised that there wasn’t a puff counter on the main display. At first I thought maybe it didn’t have one until I read the user manual and saw that there was in fact one but it took a button combination to access it. The button operation for the Nova is as follows.

• Press the fire bar 3X to turn the device on/off
    • Press and hold the fire bar and the + button to enter the secondary screen that shows the puff counter and output voltage
    • Press and hold the fire bar and the – button to lock the adjustment buttons
    • Press the + and – buttons to access the settings menu where the options are Cutoff and Screen
    fhv1JIE.jpeg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Once again it has been a real pleasure testing another Innokin device. The Kroma Nova is a really well built and well performing device. The 3000mah internal battery provides a very long usage period between charges. I was able to get over 400 puffs using the .4 ohm coil at 36 watts. The Nova has a charging rate of 1.7A/5V which turns into a charging time of about 1.75 hours to fully charge.

Since I was sent two samples for the review, I used the 1.0 ohm coil in one device and the .4 ohm coil in the second one. I used a Net tobacco mix in the 1.0 ohm and still had the airflow about ¾ open to still get a nice MTL type vape. I feel like the MTL tip and the coil work in combination to tighten the airflow so it isn’t necessary to really tighten the adjustable airflow control that much. I do prefer an airy MTL and this is what I got with those settings and the wattage at 13 watts. The flavor and vapor production were very good even after 600 puffs on the counter. Next up I used a one shot called The Muller with the .4ohm coil. This time I used the RDL tip and still had the airflow mostly open. I settled in at 36 watts with this coil. I had about 450 puffs on this coil with no noticeable loss of flavor. These new PZP coils seem to have a pretty long lifespan from what I can tell. There are two other resistances of coils available for purchase separately but unfortunately I did not receive any for testing.

oygC0CI.jpeg

During my time testing both of the samples that I received, I experienced no signs of condensation or leaking under the coil. Both stayed completely dry the entire time I used them. I very much like how the top of the pod slides open for filling but don’t really care much for the gasket over the fill port as it can cause a slight pooling of liquid on top of the gasket when filling which has to be wiped off. That and a little difficulty seeing the smaller display numbers are my only two complaints. Other than that I am very happy with the build quality and performance of the Innokin Kroma Nova.

I’d like to thank Innokin and Alisa for sending the Innokin Kroma Nova samples and spare coils for testing. It was truly a pleasure as Innokin makes very good quality devices in my opinion. Thanks also to the readers for joining me for another review. Below is a link to the website for your viewing pleasure where you can see the wide array of devices and tanks that Innokin has to offer.

Kroma Nova - Vape Pod | INNOKIN®

WKylmiL.jpg

Kat56

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    SC
    Hello again. Today I’m here with you to talk about the latest release from Innokin which is the Kroma Nova pod mod kit. It is the latest in Kroma line of products which include the Kroma A, Kroma Z, and Kroma 217. The Kroma Nova has an internal 3000mah battery with a maximum output of 60 watts. The listed charging rate is 1.7A / 5V so it should charge completely from dead in less than two hours with a wall wart rated for 2A or larger. It is a variable wattage device but also has a smart function as well as a color display. It does have adjustable airflow which is very important. The pod cartridge for the Nova is a top fill which I’m very glad to see. I was surprised to see that the Nova uses a new line of coils from Innokin called PZP coils of which there are four different resistances available currently but only two of them are included in the kit.

ytlcfEz.jpeg

v2t5oA7.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• 1x Quick Start Guide
    • 1x Warning Booklet
    View attachment 1008800

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Slide top fill
    • Adjustable airflow
    UNI8StF.jpeg

FEATURES:

YN8cl28.jpeg

4pnH6xt.jpeg

NKeCPze.jpeg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I was surprised to see a new series of coils for the Kroma Nova. The infamous Z Coils have been used across many different Innokin devices and are tried and true. I honestly would have been ok with them being used on this device but the new coils do not disappoint.

The packaging for the Kroma Nova is what I have become accustomed to seeing from Innokin. They are sticking with materials that can be recycled. The front and back of the box has a large warning on both sides which I believe is required for marketing in the United States. I’m sure everyone knows that there isn’t really any nicotine contained in the Nova package and only contains hardware but unfortunately the FDA is requiring this kind of labeling and is classifying hardware as nicotine products. Besides the large warning, the front does have a partial color picture of the Kroma Nova and is color accurate to what is actually inside the box. There are also a list of features on the front. The back side has the usual contents list, company information, and authenticity code.

View attachment 1008801

Like some other devices I’ve tested from Innokin, the boxes flip open from the bottom end to expose the Kroma Nova sitting in a cardboard insert. I greatly appreciate that Innokin sent two samples as well as two spare boxes of coils. Unfortunately I was not sent the other two resistances of coils that are not included in the kits but did receive one box of each of the included resistances for additional testing of flavors. The user manual, spare coil, spare RDL tip, and charging cable are located underneath the tray holding the device.

View attachment 1008802

View attachment 1008803

The pod for the Nova has an arrow on the front to indicate the direction of movement in order to fill the pod. I do like that they chose to use a top fill design as I grow tired of side and bottom fill pods. The problem that I have with the design is the rubber gasket over the fill port. I find that it’s hard to fill the pod without liquid pooling on top of the rubber gasket. It kind of seals around the tip of the bottle and allows liquid to pool there which has to be wiped off before sliding the top closed. I do like the included drip tips and find them very comfortable to use. Since there is a raised ledge, some drip tips might not look right if they are wider on the bottom.

The Nova pod uses the new PZP series of coils which are currently available in four resistances. I was only sent spare coils for the 1.0 and .4 ohm coils so cannot give my thoughts on the other two that are available. As for the two included, I was very pleased with the flavor and vapor production. The .4 ohm coil is rated for 30-40 watts while the 1.0 ohm coil is rated for 9-13 watts. The PZP coils are a push to seat style of coil.

View attachment 1008804

View attachment 1008805

The pod is clear and can be seen from the side to check liquid level which is a good feature. The Nova feels like a quality built device and very comfortable to hold. The Kroma Nova name is stamped into the body on one side and the Innokin name is stamped on the opposite side. There are two airflow inlet holes on each side with a sliding lever on the back to adjust airflow. It does a nice job of going from a very tight MTL to a really decent RDL which I happen to prefer. The back side of the Nova has a leather like wrap with nice stitching and the Nova name stamped in it. The front side of the Nova comes with a clear sticker over the screen that lets you know to press the fire bar three times to turn the device on. Take notice that the charging port for the 3000mah internal battery is located at the very bottom of the front side.

View attachment 1008806

View attachment 1008807

The pod opening on the Nova has two magnets as well as two gold plated electrical contact that make connection with the coil once the pod is inserted. The coils stick out of the bottom of the pod quite a bit which is why the opening with the contacts is recessed so much. The magnets are not what holds the pod in place alone. There is a rectangular protrusion on the back side of the pod that can be seen in the second picture below. That protruding plastic snaps into a cut out on the inside of the pod opening on the back side which can be seen in the third picture. This holds the pod in place very securely with no worry at all of the pod coming out accidentally. To remove the pod, lift the pod from back side while tilting it forward. Also when inserting the pod it is easiest to put the front in first then push down on the back side and you will feel it click into place.

View attachment 1008808

View attachment 1008809

FPGVyeQ.jpeg

The front of the Nova has a fire bar rather than a standard fire button. The Nova has a color screen but honestly the color combination makes it a little hard for me to see the smaller font on the screen. From top to bottom the display shows the following information.

• Lock/unlock
    • Set wattage
    • Coil resistance
    I was a little surprised that there wasn’t a puff counter on the main display. At first I thought maybe it didn’t have one until I read the user manual and saw that there was in fact one but it took a button combination to access it. The button operation for the Nova is as follows.

• Press and hold the fire bar and the + button to enter the secondary screen that shows the puff counter and output voltage
    • Press the + and – buttons to access the settings menu where the options are Cutoff and Screen
    fhv1JIE.jpeg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Once again it has been a real pleasure testing another Innokin device. The Kroma Nova is a really well built and well performing device. The 3000mah internal battery provides a very long usage period between charges. I was able to get over 400 puffs using the .4 ohm coil at 36 watts. The Nova has a charging rate of 1.7A/5V which turns into a charging time of about 1.75 hours to fully charge.

Since I was sent two samples for the review, I used the 1.0 ohm coil in one device and the .4 ohm coil in the second one. I used a Net tobacco mix in the 1.0 ohm and still had the airflow about ¾ open to still get a nice MTL type vape. I feel like the MTL tip and the coil work in combination to tighten the airflow so it isn’t necessary to really tighten the adjustable airflow control that much. I do prefer an airy MTL and this is what I got with those settings and the wattage at 13 watts. The flavor and vapor production were very good even after 600 puffs on the counter. Next up I used a one shot called The Muller with the .4ohm coil. This time I used the RDL tip and still had the airflow mostly open. I settled in at 36 watts with this coil. I had about 450 puffs on this coil with no noticeable loss of flavor. These new PZP coils seem to have a pretty long lifespan from what I can tell. There are two other resistances of coils available for purchase separately but unfortunately I did not receive any for testing.

oygC0CI.jpeg

During my time testing both of the samples that I received, I experienced no signs of condensation or leaking under the coil. Both stayed completely dry the entire time I used them. I very much like how the top of the pod slides open for filling but don’t really care much for the gasket over the fill port as it can cause a slight pooling of liquid on top of the gasket when filling which has to be wiped off. That and a little difficulty seeing the smaller display numbers are my only two complaints. Other than that I am very happy with the build quality and performance of the Innokin Kroma Nova.

I’d like to thank Innokin and Alisa for sending the Innokin Kroma Nova samples and spare coils for testing. It was truly a pleasure as Innokin makes very good quality devices in my opinion. Thanks also to the readers for joining me for another review. Below is a link to the website for your viewing pleasure where you can see the wide array of devices and tanks that Innokin has to offer.

WKylmiL.jpg
    Another great review and very interesting device. Kinda wish they'd stayed with Z coils though...if it ain't broke don't fix it...

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Another great review and very interesting device. Kinda wish they'd stayed with Z coils though...if it ain't broke don't fix it...
    Thanks. I understand but these new coils are really good.
    Very nice review, hitt. :)
    Thanks Fran.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Thanks for the review hitt.

I’d be interested in a more in depth comparison between the PZP and Z coils. I (like many) am heavily invested in the Z coils. I’m curious to know how they stack up against each other and whether (or not) there would be a reason to invest in the new coil. Also, it would be good to know if Innokin makes any tanks (as opposed to pods) that use the PZP coils.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks for the review hitt.

I’d be interested in a more in depth comparison between the PZP and Z coils. I (like many) am heavily invested in the Z coils. I’m curious to know how they stack up against each other and whether (or not) there would be a reason to invest in the new coil. Also, it would be good to know if Innokin makes any tanks (as opposed to pods) that use the PZP coils.
    I definitely understand. I had a ton of Z coils myself. I sold a bunch of the higher resistance ones a while back that I knew I wouldn’t use. In my opinion these two that came with the kit are very good. The 1 ohm coils are a nice mtl vape more so than the 1.6 or 1.2 z coils to me. The .4 coil is my favorite of the two. It’s a really nice rdl with very good flavor. I don’t know of any tanks for them yet but would bet that some are coming. I would probably wait to see what tanks are released if you don’t like pod mods. It wouldn’t be a big expense to get one to try the coils yourself. If you’re completely happy with the Z coils then there’s no reason to switch.

Ben28

Aug 2, 2023
    Alicante, Spain

ytlcfEz.jpeg

v2t5oA7.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• 1x Quick Start Guide
    • 1x Warning Booklet
    View attachment 1008800

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Slide top fill
    • Adjustable airflow
    UNI8StF.jpeg

FEATURES:

YN8cl28.jpeg

4pnH6xt.jpeg

NKeCPze.jpeg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

View attachment 1008801

View attachment 1008802

View attachment 1008803

View attachment 1008804

View attachment 1008805

View attachment 1008806

View attachment 1008807

View attachment 1008808

View attachment 1008809

FPGVyeQ.jpeg

• Lock/unlock
    • Set wattage
    • Coil resistance

fhv1JIE.jpeg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

oygC0CI.jpeg

WKylmiL.jpg
    Hey Hittman, very good review, good job mate. Do you think it was a good decision to change the classic removable battery mod for a POD type device with an internal battery? Or is it just something different? I say this more than anything because the Kroma range has always been interchangeable battery mods wtih 510 and now they have made a radical change by moving to a POD type device, although taking into account how the market is focused, it is a smart decision.​

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hey Hittman, very good review, good job mate. Do you think it was a good decision to change the classic removable battery mod for a POD type device with an internal battery? Or is it just something different? I say this more than anything because the Kroma range has always been interchangeable battery mods wtih 510 and now they have made a radical change by moving to a POD type device, although taking into account how the market is focused, it is a smart decision.​
    The Kroma Z was very similar to this one. It had an internal battery also. It was also a pod mod but used Z coils. The main difference on the Nova is the interface is different and the pod uses the new PZP coils. There was also a 510 adapter available for the Z. The Nova is basically a revamped Kroma Z. I know what you’re talking about as the other Kroma mods were mostly external battery with 510 connection. I think the original Kroma A had a built in battery but not sure.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Thanks for your thoughts hitt.

The Kroma A is indeed an internal battery mod. Still available. They do a nice set with the Zenith D22 tank.

Correction: it is available in a kit with the original Zenith tank and the iSub tank. It may be discontinued though.

Last edited:

bustamelon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 29, 2013
    CT, USA
    Thanks for the review.
    I ordered one recently and while the flavor is excellent, I'm finding it's a leaky mess. Worse than any device I've ever had. The liquid just oozes out from the coil and pools in the "cup" with the magnets where the pod sits. It then eventually makes its way out of that cup and all over the sides of the thing. Anyone else experience this, it did I get a lemon?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks for the review.
    I ordered one recently and while the flavor is excellent, I'm finding it's a leaky mess. Worse than any device I've ever had. The liquid just oozes out from the coil and pools in the "cup" with the magnets where the pod sits. It then eventually makes its way out of that cup and all over the sides of the thing. Anyone else experience this, it did I get a lemon?
    I got two of them for the review and didn’t have any leaking while testing them. After the review I forgot about one of them and let it sit unused for a long time. When I pulled the pod to put it away then there was some liquid underneath. When things are left sitting unused for long periods then leaks can occur but it sounds like you’re using yours regularly and it shouldn’t leak. You might send @innokintimmy a message.

Reactions: bustamelon

Users who are viewing this thread