INNOKIN KROMA-NOVA POD DEVICE REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello friends and welcome back for today's review of the KROMA-NOVA Pod device from INNOKIN. The KROMA NOVA is a full featured device that houses a 3000mAh internal battery with a maximum power output of 60 watts and is a wattage only device. There is fully adjustable airflow that can be very tight for a MTL vape or opened up fully for a loose RDL vape. Innokin has both vape styles covered by suppling a 1.0Ω PZP mesh coil for MTL and a 0.4Ω PZP mesh coil for RDL, the PZP coils are new and the device has smart coil recognition that sets the wattage at at safe starting point ensuring you don't accidentally burn up a new coil when installing one. I'll cover these features and others as well in my review and give you my findings on this new pod kit from INNOKIN after some product information from them.

1710528942152.png

COLOR CHOICES

1710529011136.png

IN THE BOX

* 1pc Kroma-Nova Mod (3000mAh)

* 1pc Kroma-Nova 3ml Pod (PZP Coil 1.0ohm Pre-installed)

* 1pc Spare PZP Coil 0.4ohm

* 1pc Spare RDL Mouthpiece

* 1pc Type-C Charging Cable

* 1pc Quick Start Guide

* 1pc Warning Booklet

20240309_093008.jpg

FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS

• Size: 116.33×39.15×30.76mm
    • 2ml capacity (TPD version) / 3ml capacity (non-TPD version)
    • Mouth to lung (MTL) and Restricted Direct To Lung (RDL) vaping options
    • OLED display with intuitive user interface
    • Zinc Alloy and Leather construction
    • Sliding top-fill system with Anti-Leak design
    • Precision sliding airflow control valve
    • Eight different color options
    • 3000mAh built-in battery
    • Smart Coil ID system and automatic wattage selection
    • USB-C charging
    • Easy pod removal and plug-and-play coil installation
    • Compatible with Innokin PZP coil range
    • 6-60W power output range
    • 1-7.5V output voltage
    • 1.7A charging current
    • Six built in safety protections

FULLY ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW CONTROL

1710530092904.png

MENU SYSTEM

1710530207093.png

SMART COIL RECOGNITION

1710530325927.png

NEW PZP MESH COILS

1710530605149.png

1710530380327.png

3000mAh INTERNAL BATTERY

1710530464314.png

SLIDING TOP FILL AND LIGHTWEIGHT

1710530549996.png

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS

As always INNOKIN is looking out for our planet by packaging everything in paper making it biodegradable and I commend them for this. Presentation is nice with a opening cover exposing the Kroma Nova, underneath the device sits all the included components and paper information in cardboard boxes.

First thing that caught my eye was how attractive both devices were and I really like the White colored one with the contrast against the Black colored leather spine, I was also sent the Azure Blue one and Blue happens to be my favorite color so that put a smile on my face as well.

Picking the devices up I was pleased at the lightweight feel but had reservations on the tinted pod, I didn't know if the tinting would be light enough to view juice levels, I found out later that in low lighting conditions it is. It was time to charge these devices to full charge for testing and having the USB-C charge port located on the face at the very bottom allowed it to be charged standing upright.
    I would also like to thank INNOKIN and Alisa for providing extra coils as shown in the picture below.

20240309_091405.jpg

20240315_160016.jpg

From top to bottom the design is good, the pod has a angled look as well as the devices top attachment point, the bottom of the device has the 3000mAh stamp on it.

20240309_103538.jpg

Attachment of the pod is magnet but there also a tab connection as well making it a very secure connection. On the bottom of the coil that's preinstalled is a safety sticker that needs to be removed before operating the device.

20240309_101653.jpg

20240315_163501.jpg

20240315_164744.jpg

INNOKIN made the KROMA NOVA a top fill device buy using a sliding top cap, a arrow shows the direction to push the top cap for opening. There is a silicone membrane with a slit in it that can be punctured with the juice tip and when pulled out it reseals itself, the opening is pretty large.

20240310_082905.jpg

20240310_075725.jpg

The device itself is really laid out nicely with the airflow inlets on each side being positioned just right, being a device with a fire bar instead of having a button sometimes the airflow inlets get blocked by your hand, thankfully that's not happening with the KROMA-NOVA. Having a look around the KROMA-NOVA I think that you agree with how nice it looks especially with a leather sine.

20240315_174021.jpg

20240309_102334.jpg

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    20240309_100612.jpg
    20240310_073344.jpg

The airflow is controlled using a lever that protrudes just right for one handed operation, it can be adjusted to almost zero airflow to full open using either coil. These are my personal airflow settings with the White being set up using the 1.0Ω coil and the Blue using the 0.4Ω coil

20240310_125504 (1).jpg

Innokin supplied 2 drip tips with different bore sizes, a thinner more narrow bore for MTL and a larger bore opening for RDL. The larger bore sized drip tip works just fine but for me the MTL one just didn't work and it's hard to define why.

I was getting OK flavor but the vape just seemed hollow for a better description so I put a couple of my own on for MTL and that hollow feeling was gone and the flavor improved a great deal.

20240309_114458.jpg
    20240310_073112.jpg

I mentioned earlier that there was a menu system and to access it press and hold the fire bar and up button simultaneously, there you can clear the puff counter that is listed in the menu only and not on the operating screen.

Holding both adjustment buttons down simultaneously will let you adjust the screen cutoff time as well as the vape time, to lock adjustment buttons but still be able to vape hold the fire bar and down button simultaneously.

To adjust wattage hold either adjustment button down for 3 seconds, when the display starts flashing make your adjustments and this device has the round robin feature as well, to turn the device on or off press the fire bar 3 times quickly.

PROS

* Attractive

* Good Flavor

* Fire Bar

* Quiet

* Smooth Airflow

* Easy To Navigate

CONS

* Dark Tinted Pod

* MTL Drip Tip

* Display Difficult To See In Bright Sunlight

* No Puff Counter On The Main Screen

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I think INNOKIN did a nice job with the KROMA-NOVA and only missed on a couple points, some I can overlook but you will have to decide that yourself. Having a screen that's difficult to see in bright sunlight is no big deal for me because once I set my wattage I'm good and a cupped hand over the screen solves that.

Having a dark tinted pod on the other hand is a concern because I'm always checking my juice so I don't burn up a coil and having difficulty seeing it is not good.

As far as the MTL drip tip that was easily solved using my own so only the dark tinted pod is my only concern, I don't know why company's do that.

On to the good points, flavor is very good and the airflow is quiet while being very smooth and it has a fire bar ( I LOVE FIRE BARS ). The internal battery has worked well and the device has given me zero issues as well as the pods, no leaks or seeps but I have been using both of the devices for a couple of weeks daily.

I would like to thank Alisa and Innokin for providing the KROMA-NOVA for the purpose of my review and I thank all of you that read my reviews as well.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Users who are viewing this thread