Intro and Help With Gross Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewcer

Aug 15, 2016
Hey my name's Drew - Just made this account.

I'm relatively new to vaping, so taking this opportunity to introduce myself, and I also have a question.

I have the eleaf Ijust 2, and it's been great for me up until last night. It malfunctioned and when I took my hand off the fire button it kept firing, essentially scorching the coil and burning for like a straight minute.

I replaced the coil head and washed it out but there's still a gross burned metal taste coming from it when I use it. I think this is just from the burned metal smoke going through the device but I could be wrong.

So far I've only cleaned it with water and replaced the coil, but the taste is still there. Is there something else that will get that taste out? Any suggestions for fixing this? Or do I just have to get a new vape?

Thanks

Reactions: BrotherBob

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Yep. Replace the mod. Auto firing can be dangerous, and even when it isn't, no point in wrecking coils you have to pay to replace right?
I found soaking in vodka worked for some stuck in flavors like coffee, but I found soaking everything in a solution of water and a pile of baking soda overnight worked better for burnt taste. Make sure you throw the base of the tank where the coil sits in there as well. Some people forget to do that.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Ya having the mod autofire would suck. My opnion is to put a few drops of alcohol (isopropanol) onto the 510 area on the mod then rapidly push the fire pin with something cause juice could seep onto the connection and get sticky from being cooked thus jamming the pin. Worst case is that juice has seeped into the mod and is sticking the firing mechanism. I don't know if the IJust can be taken apart to be able to clean the firing switch or maybe since your considering the mod toast then put a couple drops alcohol into the firing switch and work the switch at all different angles so the alcohol goes all over, it could help loosen if there is juice inside. Don't use too much alcohol since you could damage the internals of the mod. I've always kept a eye on all my attys and mods for juice seepage onto the 510 connection and constantly wipe the 510s with qtips and alcohol.

Reactions: Drewcer

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Firing for that long could also have burned the insulator. That could give a bad taste too. I don't know your tank, but maybe you could strip the tank down and check the insulator. Look for signs of heat damage. If that happened cleaning might not help. I know you said it was a metal taste but worth checking.

I agree with the replies that said not to trust the mod any more.

Reactions: Drewcer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread