Burning taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

copperhaxor

Sep 19, 2014
Royston
Hello,
This is my first post on forum though I have been reading for a while, Started vapeing 8 months ago and had the occasional cigarette since, though I always go back to the pipe :).

I started using the regular E-Cigs/disposable from my local shop then moved upto a basic Liquid pipe with no mods or changes then moved up slowly, 8 months later I have finally found the right tank/mod and liquid that I just can't stop vapeing.

I'm using an I Clear X.1 with the IPV1 35 watt mod and Alice in vape land Lemon loves cake liquid, I run it at around 7.5W-8W, When I first got the Iclear i had a problem as it seemed to give me a burning taste straight away (different liquid also i should mention) and so i changed the coil thinking it to be faulty and it STILL had burnt taste.... I got really frustrated and used the last replacement coil with a different liquid, Unfortunately at this point my break was over so was unable to test it.
After work on the way home I started vapeing and the taste was beautiful.

My question is this, was the burning more likely due to the liquid? or was I doing something wrong with the coil when replacing? (The original liquid that was burning was a 100% VG Lemon liquid, the new liquid was a half VG/PG lemon lovs cake), or am i suppose to let it soak for a while before vaping and is that what stopped the burnt taste?....
The burnt taste i'm getting now I believe is just from overuse, the coil has been in for about 3 weeks now and I puff non stop, I've got 3 replacements on the way with a 2.2resistance and I just don't want to ruin the coils before I even use them like I did when I first got the pipe.

Thanks
Ant

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
You are vaping your coils way too hot. For a 2.2ohm coil you should MAX out at 4.2volts. You are putting double the power on it. Here is a link to a vape chart showing tolerances. This is a guide so YMMV: VAPING POWER CHART! Found Via... | GrimmGreen.com

I chain vape as well and when I was using 1.8 to 2.2ohm stock coils they would last 2-3 days MAX so you are setting records at 3 weeks:laugh:

Also, before you put any heat on a new coil make sure it is fully saturated. If it is not you will destroy the coil and your vape with no going back.

If you require a warmer type vape, you may consider taking the next step and progress to an RBA or an RDA.

By dialing down your power to the recommended ranges you may not like your results is what I am trying to say.

Best of luck and let us know.

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
I just bought an iClear X.1 yesterday. Like you, I got bad burn, even after a half hour wick up time. Running 8 watts on an MVP.

Then I thought "DUH - this is an iClear". I let it wick up overnight, and it vaped fine on the same coil. As fine as an Innokin tank will, I suspect. I've found to fully wick and be right, a new unit, or new coil on any iClear needs to wick overnight initially. Then, it's fine till the coil pukes.

*EDIT*

Once the thing wicked up right, I was able to turn it up to 10 watts with no burning taste, and I got better flavor. 11 burns it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread